Odor's Punch on Bautista | Syracusefan.com

Odor's Punch on Bautista

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Had to be brought up sometime.

Justified/Unjustified?

Looking at the evidence...Bautista went in with a questionable slide to break up the play. Doesn't matter anymore, he admitted it was in retaliation for being hit by the pitch.

Odor could've played victim, but that doesn't matter because he clearly lowered his arm and wrist in a clear attempt to hit Bautista on the turn attempt.

The rest, everyone saw.

People close to Odor said the punch was much more over the bat flip than slide.

Bautista's a toolbag and Odor's a thug.

I'm just glad I got to see the apparent cleanest hit since Nolan Ryan, though admit it or not Bautista took it well despite a little daze.

Loved the bat flip. Loved the slide, loved the punch. The whole thing was entertaining.

Only thing I didn't care for was waiting until late in the game of the last matchup to throw at Bautista. That was kind've gutless.

Nothing justifies punching someone in the face, no problem with drilling him, but Odor crossed the line.

Nothing justifies punching someone in the face, no problem with drilling him, but Odor crossed the line.
It's kinda like Cruz and Trump- getting hit by a 95 mph fastball or getting punched in the face.

Last edited:

I never understood this. I'd rather get decked in the face by a punch than drilled by a 90 mph baseball. Especially if it's getting thrown at my head.

I never understood this. I'd rather get decked in the face by a punch than drilled by a 90 mph baseball. Especially if it's getting thrown at my head.
Where have you gone Tony Conigliaro? (Google image it people)

Had to be brought up sometime.

Justified/Unjustified?

Looking at the evidence...Bautista went in with a questionable slide to break up the play. Doesn't matter anymore, he admitted it was in retaliation for being hit by the pitch.

Odor could've played victim, but that doesn't matter because he clearly lowered his arm and wrist in a clear attempt to hit Bautista on the turn attempt.

The rest, everyone saw.

People close to Odor said the punch was much more over the bat flip than slide.

Bautista's a toolbag and Odor's a thug.

I'm just glad I got to see the apparent cleanest hit since Nolan Ryan, though admit it or not Bautista took it well despite a little daze.
I played middle infield. We were always taught to throw low on the DP to force the runner to get down.

I'll never understand the need to hit a guy with a pitch over something so silly like a bat flip, especially a bat flip that took place in the prior season.

I loved the bat flip and hated every other part that came about in the game the other day. It's just dumb.

Why? They didn't throw at at his head, they hit him in the back, not saying its a pleasant feeling, but these guys are used to it, getting hit by a pitch isn't as bad as you think, especially with all the muscle these guys have on them, as long as its not on bone.

Why? They didn't throw at at his head, they hit him in the back, not saying its a pleasant feeling, but these guys are used to it, getting hit by a pitch isn't as bad as you think, especially with all the muscle these guys have on them, as long as its not on bone.

I take it you've never been hit by one.

I really wish there was an Un-like button for alot of your posts. Your Malachi draft posts hit new lows for tunnel vision redundancy.

Getting hit with a major league fastball is extremely painful and dangerous. And he may have been aiming at his head and missed. And you can't let a pitcher get away with throwing at you. He will own you for the rest of your career if you do.

Likewise you can't let somebody go for your knees when they slide. Although he'll get suspended, I'm fine with what Odor did. Bautista will think about it the next time he tries to take someone out.

I really wish there was an Un-like button for alot of your posts. Your Malachi draft posts hit new lows for tunnel vision redundancy.

Getting hit with a major league fastball is extremely painful and dangerous. And he may have been aiming at his head and missed. And you can't let a pitcher get away with throwing at you. He will own you for the rest of your career if you do.

Likewise you can't let somebody go for your knees when they slide. Although he'll get suspended, I'm fine with what Odor did. Bautista will think about it the next time he tries to take someone out.

I am going to ignore your personal attack, due to the fact that you are condoning someone punching another player in the face. How do know if he was aiming at his head? Guys get hit with pitches all the time, and 90 percent of the time don't even come out of the game. Btw no one cares whether you dislike something, if you don't agree with my point, why don't you have the guts to debate it.

Last edited:
I take it you've never been hit by one.

I played baseball as a kid, and was hit by a few pitches. Guys get hit all the time and shake it off and go down to first base, its part of the game. Getting punched in the face is not.

I played baseball as a kid, and was hit by a few pitches. Guys get hit all the time and shake it off and go down to first base, its part of the game. Getting punched in the face is not.

I guess that ends the debate.

I guess that ends the debate.

tumblr_luq8vq1Zdl1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

I played middle infield. We were always taught to throw low on the DP to force the runner to get down.
Played third base so I wouldn't know I suppose, that's really interesting though. I always tried to breakup/take out the short stop on a turn. It's part of baseball. Ask me how many times I got cleated by spikes at third.

Getting hit by the ball is part of the game.

Honestly, it happens in all levels of baseball. You can't throw a fastball off someones back and expect them not to be pissed. Tempers flare. They fought. I don't know if I care but I found it very entertaining even as a Jays fan.

I howled when I saw it, literally. Jose Bautista is the "Official Hot Dog of the Toronto Blue Jays." He's childish, arrogant, self-absorbed, defensive to a fault and thinks he's a much better player than he is. Definitively unprofessional. A real drama queen. Or in other words he's an attention-seeking, whiney-ass bitch who got what he deserved. And he brought it all on himself.