Class of 2016 - Offense Defense Bowl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Offense Defense Bowl

I just hope we can RS Scott and Neal. We need to think longterm.
Neal will be enrolling early. He is moving in in a week or so. I will be surprised if he redshirts well having an extra half year on campus to learn the play book and work out.

Interesting strategy, letting a kid try to kick a field goal when he's missed, I believe, two PATs so far in this game (at least one, not sure if he missed the second or they failed on a 2-pt attempt).

He's got the right number, sawed off (by 1/2 a foot) McNabb (at least style). Even had the high step and not tucking the ball when he runs.

Physically he's about as far from Dungey as you can get. My actual first thought was Khalid El-Amin.

He'd fit D's offense very well and I can see what Lester was interested.

Surprised if he ever played QB, at least as a first choice, in a Baylor style offense.

So... Scott completed 75% of his passes for 194 yards, and rushed for 5 YPC nearly gaining another 100 on the ground?

And this was in an all star game, where he had one week to acclimate to new teammates, plays, etc.

Scott's film speaks volumes, as does his C% in tonight's all star game. Kid can play.

He's got the right number, sawed off (by 1/2 a foot) McNabb (at least style). Even had the high step and not tucking the ball when he runs.

Physically he's about as far from Dungey as you can get. My actual first thought was Khalid El-Amin.

He'd fit D's offense very well and I can see what Lester was interested.

Surprised if he ever played QB, at least as a first choice, in a Baylor style offense.
Yes, but plays like Dungey though. Not flashy, but very smooth. Going to watch him again today.

One difference I noticed was when he ran the ball and the play was essentially over he shut it down as opposed to struggling for the extra yards and leaving himself exposed to big hits with possible serious injury. I do hope Dungey has learned to do this for next season. I like Scott and fell like he will be in the mix at QB for next year.

Crusty is that careless or relaxed? He looked relaxed and confident to me.
He was doing that one-handed thing holding the ball away from his body. Sooner or later that is a problem at the next level.

He blew away my expectations. He can totally ball and made some great throws. Has a lot of arm strength. More than I thought he'd have. Even the pick towards the end of the game was a deep out thrown right on the money. The DB made a great play jumping that.

He put up those stats in the rain against all D1 players and mostly high major P5 players.

I see no reason why he can't run Babers' offense. The whole thing is predicated on intelligence (check), arm strength (check) and getting the ball out quick. People joked that Babers could make a beer belly kid an All American.

If nothing else Scott could be a 1000 yard running back. His vision and moves are unreal. It's very McNabb-esque but Lindsey has way more speed than DM. His legs are freaking tree trunks. Couldn't believe how big they were.

I don't doubt he's gets more attention from other schools over the last month.

He blew away my expectations. He can totally ball and made some great throws. Has a lot of arm strength. More than I thought he'd have. Even the pick towards the end of the game was a deep out thrown right on the money. The DB made a great play jumping that.

He put up those stats in the rain against all D1 players and mostly high major P5 players.

I see no reason why he can't run Babers' offense. The whole thing is predicated on intelligence (check), arm strength (check) and getting the ball out quick. People joked that Babers could make a beer belly kid an All American.

If nothing else Scott could be a 1000 yard running back. His vision and moves are unreal. It's very McNabb-esque but Lindsey has way more speed than DM. His legs are freaking tree trunks. Couldn't believe how big they were.

I don't doubt he's gets more attention from other schools over the last month.

And hypothetically, if he did end up as a running back, he would be one hell of a threat to throw on option reverses or trick plays.

PhatOrange said:
He blew away my expectations. He can totally ball and made some great throws. Has a lot of arm strength. More than I thought he'd have. Even the pick towards the end of the game was a deep out thrown right on the money. The DB made a great play jumping that. He put up those stats in the rain against all D1 players and mostly high major P5 players. I see no reason why he can't run Babers' offense. The whole thing is predicated on intelligence (check), arm strength (check) and getting the ball out quick. People joked that Babers could make a beer belly kid an All American. If nothing else Scott could be a 1000 yard running back. His vision and moves are unreal. It's very McNabb-esque but Lindsey has way more speed than DM. His legs are freaking tree trunks. Couldn't believe how big they were. I don't doubt he's gets more attention from other schools over the last month.

He'll be on campus, so they will be out of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom