Offensive Line | Syracusefan.com

Offensive Line

Xanadu

2nd String
Unimpressive in the run game the first game. We all know why. Much improved, in that aspect, against CMU. However, few, if any, are talking about the fact that the OL has yet to allow a sack.

This will be something to watch going forward. The better the protection Hunt receives, the more open opportunities and confidence he will have to create the big plays we want. A confident Terrell Hunt is going to be key to our success. Teams will make us try to beat them through the air, and this factor can determine the outcome of this season.

Ive noticed that too. Not to jinx but there have been no picks in 2 games. People would rather still talk about nova, bubbles, or keeping hunt in the last drive of cmu. Whatever

At least one of these will happen this week

Bubble gets jumped
KO or PR against us
Diggs has a big day

I almost expect number three and will not be surprised if either the first two happen

Regardless, if the O does what it is capable of then all the above will not matter as we will score more than the Terps

At least one of these will happen this week

Bubble gets jumped
KO or PR against us
Diggs has a big day

I almost expect number three and will not be surprised if either the first two happen

Regardless, if the O does what it is capable of then all the above will not matter as we will score more than the Terps
I think Diggs' numbers will heavily depend on the penetration of our front seven and how quickly Brown can get rid of the ball. If Brown is distressed early and often, I can see SU running away with this one. Barring regression by our offense, of course.

Joe Adam had them ready for CMU, but this will be his first test against equal talent to ours. If there is one thing that I am confident in this year, it is our OL. It is a veteran line and Miller showed immense improvement in his 2nd start. We need him on his game.

Joe Adam had them ready for CMU, but this will be his first test against equal talent to ours. If there is one thing that I am confident in this year, it is our OL. It is a veteran line and Miller showed immense improvement in his 2nd start. We need him on his game.
Want the OL running out of the tunnel, making Bill-Cosby-esque growling sounds, one eye in the center of their foreheads.

I think Hunt has a big role in not getting sacked along with quick passes. The SU lines matched up well vs CMU offensively and defensively and now the Terp team is another challenge depending on what they bring and SU has. Can SU pass if they are behind and Maryland's DL has their ears pinned back? Will they pick up various blitzes and stunts? Will the Terps look at what worked for Nova and imitate that? Some coaches say we'll do what we always do and others see a scheme and gameplan that if they see a possible advantage. I'm not sure what Maryland will do and if they have the talent to be able to adjust to certain formations.

I think Hunt has a big role in not getting sacked along with quick passes. The SU lines matched up well vs CMU offensively and defensively and now the Terp team is another challenge depending on what they bring and SU has. Can SU pass if they are behind and Maryland's DL has their ears pinned back? Will they pick up various blitzes and stunts? Will the Terps look at what worked for Nova and imitate that? Some coaches say we'll do what we always do and others see a scheme and gameplan that if they see a possible advantage. I'm not sure what Maryland will do and if they have the talent to be able to adjust to certain formations.
I think this is the game we find out how good this team is. I think you bring up a good point. is it a really good OL or were the first two games a combination of Hunt's ability to make people miss, quick passes, and weak opponents?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom