Offer Timing | Syracusefan.com

Offer Timing

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Is there a general rule of thumb for how early in a prospects career JB and staff will extend an offer? In the recruiting threads I often see comments questioning why the staff hasn't offerred a kid yet.

Obviously some guys don't catch their eye or don't show themselves as legitimate D1 prospects until later on and they may get an offer when the staff becomes convinced that they are a legit D1 prospect. But there are also some guys that are D1 prospects from the time that the coaches begin following them. Is there a rule of thumb for how early the SU staff will offer??

Is there a general rule of thumb for how early in a prospects career JB and staff will extend an offer? In the recruiting threads I often see comments questioning why the staff hasn't offerred a kid yet.

Obviously some guys don't catch their eye or don't show themselves as legitimate D1 prospects until later on and they may get an offer when the staff becomes convinced that they are a legit D1 prospect. But there are also some guys that are D1 prospects from the time that the coaches begin following them. Is there a rule of thumb for how early the SU staff will offer??
No. Tyus Battle was offered by SU before ever setting foot in high school.

Francis03 said:
It was after his freshman year and he actually committed to college before even picking a new HS to attend at that time lol. Love that guy.
Thanks for clarifying, I knew it was very early in the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom