Official BEAT UNC game thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Official BEAT UNC game thread

I'm still watching the game... I've watched ACC basketball for more than 35 years... I've seen how the league treats UNC and Duke with "beneficial treatment"... sometimes it's more obvious than others... Meeks was getting away with quite a bit... but alas, such is life in the ACC...

UNC had an ACC game this season in which in didn't shoot a single FT in the first half. If that's "beneficial treatment", I don't want it.

So your justification for academic fraud is claiming another school did it too? Yeah, i'm sure that will hold up well.

Another school? How about every school? Including yours...don't think you want to go down this route.

Where is botimes responses from our win last year at the dome?? i recall a large bit of the things he accuses us of last go around. And with that bo we get you feel your school saves babies from burning buildings and craps out sunshine. So take your biased self accusing cuse fans on a cuse board of being biased and walk away for a bit.

Another school? How about every school? Including yours...don't think you want to go down this route.
You want to compare the severity of the crimes?
Spoiler: UNC is in way deeper sht

JayCuse said:
You want to compare the severity of the crimes? Spoiler: UNC is in way deeper sht

Two year ban for the Heels.

The truth? The larger the trophy case the greater the bs runs. Just the way it works.

You want to compare the severity of the crimes?
Spoiler: UNC is in way deeper sht

Doubtful. UNC had easy classes for athletes and non-athletes. Spoiler: The NCAA isn't going to do **** about that, because they know that happens at every school. As I mentioned earlier, same thing happened at Dook in the 90s, and the NCAA didn't care then either.

Doubtful. UNC had easy classes for athletes and non-athletes. Spoiler: The NCAA isn't going to do **** about that, because they know that happens at every school. As I mentioned earlier, same thing happened at Dook in the 90s, and the NCAA didn't care then either.
Yes, because the NCAA is all about consistency. LMAO

Yes, because the NCAA is all about consistency. LMAO

You are right about that. I'd trust a hooker on speed with a loaded revolver more than I'd trust the NCAA to do anything that made sense.

Let's all just relax. You're on our board and people are upset about a game we thought we had a chance to win, and we're complaining, That is what happens. You guys shot lights out and Britt had a great game. There are tons of posts about that. The right road to go down is to a UNC board to enjoy the win with your team's fans.

I'm still watching the game... I've watched ACC basketball for more than 35 years... I've seen how the league treats UNC and Duke with "beneficial treatment"... sometimes it's more obvious than others... Meeks was getting away with quite a bit... but alas, such is life in the ACC...

Syracuse played a great game tonight. UNC usually gets some calls their way at home. It's also tough to run with UNC on their home floor in games in the 80s and 90s in scoring and to win. It always has been. Syracuse would have faired better with a game in the 60s. But it's easy for a team to get carried away at that pace in that arena in that atmosphere. UVA teams have tried many times and come away with the same result.

Let's all just relax. You're on our board and people are upset about a game we thought we had a chance to win, and we're complaining, That is what happens. You guys shot lights out and Britt had a great game. There are tons of posts about that. The right road to go down is to a UNC board to enjoy the win with your team's fans.

I've been on this board for nearly four years. It isn't like I just stumbled across it tonight and came here to gloat. Cuse has had UNC's number for the past few meetings, so I'm glad things finally went our way (for once) tonight. Very entertaining game and will be pulling for 'Cuse for the rest of the season, as always.

I've been on this board for nearly four years. It isn't like I just stumbled across it tonight and came here to gloat. Cuse has had UNC's number for the past few meetings, so I'm glad things finally went our way (for once) tonight. Very entertaining game and will be pulling for 'Cuse for the rest of the season, as always.
I know. I've seen you. My point is don't be surprised that people are reacting the way they are. This has been a rough year.

This thread is a brutal read. We are severely undermanned, so UNC went right at our big to bounce him out. Since we have guys now in knee braces, the Sixers, and Bakersfield that we were planning on having here, these things happen. Cannot expect the refs to get it perfect.

And UNC shot like no one else does against us. The usual 38% and we win going away.

I know. I've seen you. My point is don't be surprised that people are reacting the way they are. This has been a rough year.

Understood, and my apologies if I came across as anything other than respectful. Will heed your advice and leave here until tomorrow. Excellent game and best wishes to you all.

Understood, and my apologies if I came across as anything other than respectful. Will heed your advice and leave here until tomorrow. Excellent game and best wishes to you all.

It comes off as quite the opposite to be honest. And not the first time you have gone about things the same way and offered to leave. Maybe just hold those thoughts next time after 4 years of not. Cheers and enjoy your win.

Proud of the effort. Foul on Roberson was huge.

Yep, bogus call, clearly no over the back there...completely vertical and no contact against the Heel player. Game was still in doubt at that point...got outta hand shortly thereafter.

Syracuse played a great game tonight. UNC usually gets some calls their way at home. It's also tough to run with UNC on their home floor in games in the 80s and 90s in scoring and to win. It always has been. Syracuse would have faired better with a game in the 60s. But it's easy for a team to get carried away at that pace in that arena in that atmosphere. UVA teams have tried many times and come away with the same result.

This is the most depressing thing I've seen all season. And I think you're probably right.

We're one of those teams now: can't keep up in transition, need to slow the game down to be competitive. Yuck.

For the record, I'm pretty happy with how we played tonight. But that's an ugly reality check.

This is the most depressing thing I've seen all season. And I think you're probably right.

We're one of those teams now: can't keep up in transition, need to slow the game down to be competitive. Yuck.

For the record, I'm pretty happy with how we played tonight. But that's an ugly reality check.

With some depth we have the horses to run. The inability of our guards to take it to the rack on the fast break makes it too hard. Ive never seen a team fail to convert so many fast breaks.

Orangezoo said:
With some depth we have the horses to run. The inability of our guards to take it to the rack on the fast break makes it too hard. Ive never seen a team fail to convert so many fast breaks.

Arguably the worst fast breaking SU team I've ever seen.

Arguably the worst fast breaking SU team I've ever seen.

We're pretty bad, though I think last year's team was worse. Joseph has had a notable error in every game for seemingly a month (a bunch of layups blocked and last night's punt) and his field-goal percentage at the rim has dropped below 56% (bad), but he's a better finisher than Ennis (54%, second-worst of any Syracuse regular since this statistic was kept). Cooney doesn't seem to have any concept of spacing and his finishing is worse than bad (52% at the rim, though a number of those have come in the half-court).

Anyway, we're thin and we don't run a great break, but my point was more that we've pulled a mortifying 180 in the last five seasons: Syracuse used to be synonymous with the fast-break; now we've got a UVA fan (quite rightly) noting that we'd be better served to slow the game down because we can't keep up with North Carolina.

Sad.

Dude it hard to play when your on the bench and thrust into create a miracle for me" role Get a clue!!!!!
Fair enough he's absolutely in a tough situation but I don't think anyone is asking him to create miracles

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom