Official Board Tailgate Vote | Syracusefan.com

Official Board Tailgate Vote

What Game Should We Pick For The Board Tailgate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The Fine Mess has basically morphed into the host site for any long distance fans sojourn to see the Orange...that said...

I see these three games as likely games to do the "Big" annual tailgate

Please vote below. You can select multiple dates

lsu game will be the latest kickoff of the 3 with a night game being possible looking at the week 4 slate of games among p5 schools

Even better reason for having it as theBoard Tailgate.

I like the thought of LSU the most, though it will likely be the least convenient for many. The traffic will be irritating and parking scarce. That being said, it's the most meaningful game of the group.

Something tells me LSU is going to win...a few more days to vote.

Unless we plan on catering it I wouldn't recommend we do LSU. While the Clemson tailgate a few years ago had the biggest turnout ever and was a great time it was also a logistical nightmare for those of us inolved with the planning and chef/cooking duties. The turnout was so big that a handful of us spent the entire 5-6 hour pregame behind a grill and filling re-filling food items. When it came time to clean up the place suddenly became a ghost town and it took so long I think we missed the opening kick. Personally I think CMU is probably the best bet. Saturday game still extremely early in September and what should be a win.

Unless we plan on catering it I wouldn't recommend we do LSU. While the Clemson tailgate a few years ago had the biggest turnout ever and was a great time it was also a logistical nightmare for those of us inolved with the planning and chef/cooking duties. The turnout was so big that a handful of us spent the entire 5-6 hour pregame behind a grill and filling re-filling food items. When it came time to clean up the place suddenly became a ghost town and it took so long I think we missed the opening kick. Personally I think CMU is probably the best bet. Saturday game still extremely early in September and what should be a win.

I agree...if we can get LSU catered do that...if not do CMU as the event.

Just thinking out loud...contact Dinosaur and tell them we want them on site for 100 plates. If demand warrants...we could bump it up. I probably would cap it at 150 to keep the chaos down. We'll have to get folks to pay via PayPal 30-90 days in advance. They will have to be understanding if the game is a nooner (not too likely) it will kinda suck to eat BBQ at 10:30am. More likely I figure either 3:30 or a 7:00 pm kickoff.

Just thinking out loud...contact Dinosaur and tell them we want them on site for 100 plates. If demand warrants...we could bump it up. I probably would cap it at 150 to keep the chaos down. We'll have to get folks to pay via PayPal 30-90 days in advance. They will have to be understanding if the game is a nooner (not too likely) it will kinda suck to eat BBQ at 10:30am. More likely I figure either 3:30 or a 7:00 pm kickoff.
You need an "Organizers Have My Proxy" poll option. Do what works best for you.

Right now I'm planning on coming for URI and hopefully LSU...so LSU I guess.

If LSU is ultimately the game that gets picked or we all decide we should look into seeing if someone wants to take the lead in organizing a catered board tailgate. I have a name that Cuseregular gave me a guy who maybe an option. We would need someone familiar with pay pal and stuff like that but if we got it organized early enough we could have the money sent to that person in advance so that there wouldnt be much if any out of pocket. Like I noted above my personal preference would be a different game if at all possible, probably CMU.

Any guess on a time for CM game?

Just seems like a nooner to me.

Any guess on a time for CM game?

Just seems like a nooner to me.

I would think if TV was not involved (and it might not given the relative unattractiveness of this matchup), the game will be moved to an evening kickoff.

Wake will probably be a 12:30 ACC game of the week special. Hopefully CMU doesn't get that fate as well. Doubt the ACC would slot us there two weeks in a row...

JeremyCuse said:
If LSU is ultimately the game that gets picked or we all decide we should look into seeing if someone wants to take the lead in organizing a catered board tailgate. I have a name that Cuseregular gave me a guy who maybe an option. We would need someone familiar with pay pal and stuff like that but if we got it organized early enough we could have the money sent to that person in advance so that there wouldnt be much if any out of pocket. Like I noted above my personal preference would be a different game if at all possible, probably CMU.

I think one problem with LSU is that it's going to draw a large turnout for the tailgate regardless of whether it's the official board tailgate. I would think catering would be the way to go.

sutomcat said:
I would think if TV was not involved (and it might not given the relative unattractiveness of this matchup), the game will be moved to an evening kickoff. Wake will probably be a 12:30 ACC game of the week special. Hopefully CMU doesn't get that fate as well. Doubt the ACC would slot us there two weeks in a row...

Seems TV gets involved with every game these days, especially with ESPN3. TV folks will probably think we'll be 2-0, too, so that could mess with things.

Football is so hard to plan for.

So difficult to plan when TV times aren't announced until 12 days before. That's why I voted LSU. Best chance to avoid a nooner and most likely the largest turnout whether it's the "official" board tailgate or not. Hopefully we can get it catered. Always though a tailgate pig roast would be cool. If not we'll just have CajunCuse cook up some jambalaya, gumbo, and etoufeille for 200 people.

I think one problem with LSU is that it's going to draw a large turnout for the tailgate regardless of whether it's the official board tailgate. I would think catering would be the way to go.

I agre 100% with your thoughts on this. Only issue is if we make LSU a non board tailgate and try to cater it maybe difficult to get a true head count. I know Bees took the lead on a few back in the day and took a bath each time I believe. While most of the tailgates are now well attended some games the turnout seems to jump through the roof with little explanation as to why. Last year we had more success with asking people to confirm they were going and how many in there party. We would likely have to do that for LSU if were going to Cater regardless of board tailgate status.

Jeremy...wrist bands would be a must. One color for Food/soda only and one color for Food/Soda/Beer

I have the PayPal thing down but I'm collecting for USF and maybe 1 or 2 other tailgates...maybe we can get LincolnCuse spun up.

If not we'll just have CajunCuse cook up some jambalaya, gumbo, and etoufeille for 200 people.

Best jambalaya EVER...

By the way, you probably don't even remember, but thanks for the Villanova ticket last year.

So I'm thinking a combo of BBQ and Cajun food. Let's get ahead of this...we plan for 100 folks (can go higher if we decide). Set up a PayPal account and collect the money. Keep the cost to no more than $20 adults/$15 teens/alcohol free adults/$10 kids 12 and under. Wrist Bands...to break out the drinkers from non-drinkers.

We should be able to sell 100 easy...and we can control how much bigger we get from there.
Contract with a smaller BBQ caterer...and give CajunCuse money for jambalaya.

Bump...So LSU?

Bees, Jeremy, Tomcat, CajunCuse, Consigliore????
It appears that LSU is the people's choice. And it looks like there is good chance for a later start for that game. Makes it a solid choice for the big shabang.