Official Game Day Thread...Forget the drama regarding Shafer, let's Go Orange! | Syracusefan.com

Official Game Day Thread...Forget the drama regarding Shafer, let's Go Orange!

chakka3421

All Conference
I really don't care anymore about the coaching staff hot seat drama, I just want to see our youngsters take a step forward, man up, and beat UL. I really want to see them go all out like they did against LSU, play for 4 full quarters, and just win one for themselves. Coyle has already made his decision according to reports...

I'm just so sick over losing...lets hope the coaching staff grows up this game too...LETS GO ORANGE! :mad:

Well said, problem is all the negativity does affect the kids. We are very young with even more youth on the field dt injuries, if we play smart and aggressive tomorrow we can win, hell i took the +14 for a hundy believing in our squad tomorrow.

You're not the only one sick of losing. Every game for the past 15 years has been gut wrenching - including most of the ones we managed to win. And the rare "good" wins made it worse, making us think we're finally turning the corner.

But if the kids do man up and win one for the Gipper, the Shafer point becomes moot.

If, as you hear, Coyle's decision has been made (with 4 games left) it can only mean one thing. Shafer is safe for now even at 3-9.

If, as you hear, Coyle's decision has been made (with 4 games left) it can only mean one thing. Shafer is safe for now even at 3-9.

I don't believe this to be as true as it's been suggested...

I don't believe this to be as true as it's been suggested...

How can I best describe this (and CL referred to same thing):

Quote - "ita a marathon, not a sprint"

Ok then for those of us sick n tired of losing - LGO :mad:

Last edited:
This team is better than the record suggests. They are young and thin and coaching has mad a few mistakes that have hurt the team. That being said let's start over today. A win today would be a big step in the right direction!!! Let's go Orange!!! War damn Otto!!!!

We have a bunch of good kids and coaches that want to proudly represent SU. All power to them. We have a Fine group of tailgaters that are in Louisville to represent well, too. I wish them a glorious day. I've been bullish on the team every game, I believe in the team, and expect they'll figure it out at some point. I want to be cheering them the whole way and do my job in creating a real football program complete with competitive team and strong fanbase.

When SU makes that return to respectability, I will have been glad to be along for the ride. That process continues today. LGO!!!

So my local channel, WWTI Watertown , now says it us showing ND vs Pitt! What! Is the game on espn3?, my only choice now

So my local channel, WWTI Watertown , now says it us showing ND vs Pitt! What! Is the game on espn3?, my only choice now

Yes if it isn't blacked out in your area... the map isn't available right now or I would post it.

Yes if it isn't blacked out in your area... the map isn't available right now or I would post it.
image.jpeg

I hope we win. Make next week somewhat interesting and get a better time slot (if Clemson wins).

I can't help but wonder what's up our sleeve this week to ensure Louisville has momentum at halftime. Better to be known for something than nothing.

OburgOrange said:
Your not helping my anxiety right now

If you get in a real bind look into VPN. You can trick ESPN into thinking you are somewhere else. I did that for CMU.

I hope we win. Make next week somewhat interesting and get a better time slot (if Clemson wins).

I can't help but wonder what's up our sleeve this week to ensure Louisville has momentum at halftime. Better to be known for something than nothing.

Miami had 8 laterals last week.

Louisville will make sure everyone gets a touch at the end of the half.

:rolling: