Official USMNT Exuberance Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official USMNT Exuberance Thread

Team showed a ton of heart and resilience after the equalizer. Lots of teams in this competition would have folded.

The US never does. Love the effort.

But the performance was so disappointing. It is 2014 and we are still unable to take the game, or still least play on equal terms with, a good, but hardly great, team like Ghana.

Team showed a ton of heart and resilience after the equalizer. Lots of teams in this competition would have folded.

The US never does. Love the effort.

But the performance was so disappointing. It is 2014 and we are still unable to take the game, or still least play on equal terms with, a good, but hardly great, team like Ghana.

We just don't seem to have the physical strength necessary to dictate our type of game against teams like Ghana. They are all roided up compared to us. They physically moved us off every single 50-50 ball, which most of our passes were. You have to be a quick, precise passing team to really get out in front of Ghana and force them to play back. We couldn't do that. Bradley was off today. most of his passes were short of the target. Losing Jozy was killer against this team. Thankfully we persevered and never gave up. Ghana was gassed at the end, which allowed us to hold on. That goal took the air out of them.

Just like in basketball, soccer is all about match-ups, and Ghana is a terrible match-up for us. We got the W we needed. Time to steal one from Portugal and take our chances with Germany.

I hope Jozy will be back.

I'll tell you what, I've given Jermaine Jones a LOT of grief on this board over the past several years. Today though he was the best player we had in front of Tim Howard. He was everywhere; made sharp passes, defended tough, hustled his ass off and didn't get booked. I think he and Michael Bradley switched bodies; Bradley was awful for about 80 minutes. Jones and Beckerman deserve a ton of credit, as does John Brooks for coming in and playing some really solid lockdown defense. A lot of nice work by Beasley hustling to get back on defense after pushing so far forward. EDIT: Forget to mention that Deuce's goal was stunning. Eat your heart our, Lionel! :)

Great win. If we can get a point out of the next two games we should be in the thick of it.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, I've given Jermaine Jones a LOT of grief on this board over the past several years. Today though he was the best player we had in front of Tim Howard. He was everywhere; made sharp passes, defended tough, hustled his ass off and didn't get booked. I think he and Michael Bradley switched bodies; Bradley was awful for about 80 minutes. Jones and Beckerman deserve a ton of credit, as does John Brooks for coming in and playing some really solid lockdown defense. A lot of nice work by Beasley hustling to get back on defense after pushing so far forward.

Great win. If we can get a point out of the next two games we should be in the thick of it.
I've been a huge JJ fan since he became a US player. He did everything we needed him to do today and made a ton of smart plays. His Bundesliga and European experience showed. He was the toughest player on the field and often held possession when others couldn't. He was our man of the match alongside Tim Howard.

Hats off to Jermaine Jones, excellent defense. Got us out of a few trouble situations. Don't know how Bradley got the passing yips, but he had one of his worst days. Great distributor in the midfield, but very careless tonight. All that yap yapped, we needed these 3 points. Draw against Portugal and we're in.
Let's go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom