Class of 2015 - OG Sam Clausman (FL) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OG Sam Clausman (FL) Signed LOI

Blustein Recruiting‏@larryblustein 2h
AUTONATION HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS REPORT TONIGHT ON WQAM (560 AM). At 9:35, St. Thomas Aquinas OL Samuel Clausman, who is committed to Syracuse.

Florida HS recruiter...Larry Blustein. Hopeful there is a podcast.

4f9s5kkx_normal.jpeg
SFHSSports@SFHSSports · 9h
.@SamClausman: "The coaches tell not to be worried about the future & what others are saying. They want us to focus on being perfect today."

J.T. Wilcox@JTWilcoxSports · 9h
Enjoyed speaking w/ @STA_Football OL @SamClausman. Another proud & productive member of the #OLineFraternity

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/?p=12943

The O-Line Fraternity is thriving.
I always does me proud to see offensive lineman get some shine.
Usually I’m the one trying to point the spotlight to the most important people on the field, but it’s shine nonetheless.
During the preseason weekend, I had the chance to watch and briefly hold conversations with three of the area’s best linemen, along with some other members of the “Girth Brotherhood”.
St. Thomas Aquinas’ Sam Clausman, Miramar’s Leeward Brown and American Heritage’s Louie Berkowitz.
As usual, they were among the smartest and most intriguing people on the whole team.
A lot of people will talk about the way the quarterbacks in this area get overlooked and undersold for their ability as passer in comparison to other players from around the country.
Well, what about the guys that are, you know, blocking for them?
Too often the lineman from South Florida don’t get their fair share of praise for their talents and abilities.
I mean, do you all know what it takes to start and stop 300-plus pounds? Pushing and battling with other large guys all night and trying your darnedest to keep those pesky fast guys away from your quarterback. That stuff is hard.
I could go back to Lomas Brown (Miami Springs) or if you wanted to go more recent; Vernon Carey (Northwestern) or Marcus Gilbert (St. Thomas Aquinas). So it’s not like we don’t produce productive pros at that position.
But I digress.
There is a bevy of talented big guys in South Florida this season. Some that I believe have the chance to be NFL players one day.
So you may want to start paying some attention and paying some praise to those big fellas up front

St. Thomas Aquinas (FL): Defensive coordinator Bill Tierney has stepped down due to a contract impasse with the school (appears to be unrelated to football).

Too bad with their big game tonight.

Steve Gorten‏@sgorten 8m
American Heritage plummeted from No. 5 to out of this wk's MaxPreps' national rankings following loss to St Thomas Aquinas. STA stayed No. 3

St. Thomas Aquinas (FL): Defensive coordinator Bill Tierney has stepped down due to a contract impasse with the school (appears to be unrelated to football).

Too bad with their big game tonight.

That really puts football in Florida and Texas in perspective in comparison to the north - contract impass for a defensive coordinator? Wow. Now that's big time.

That really puts football in Florida and Texas in perspective in comparison to the north - contract impass for a defensive coordinator? Wow. Now that's big time.
It said appears unrelated to FB

^ if that's what passes for a fat kid these days, I'm terrified at what they'd have called me back in the day