Ogundeko | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugggh stay away from Ishaq's dad! I dunno I don't like how he mentions schemes and things with the other and just says he knows kids that goes to Syracuse and doesn't say good things about it. I hate reading into things so I try not to but that's my observation.

Remember what ishaqs dad said about su and the future? He's FOS.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I remember. He gives me the creeps too!

I went back and watched the City Gridiron Sizzle detailing Ishaq's recruitment ... his father was such a camera hound it was unreal ... there was one other thing worth taking away from the second segment ...

"Not only am I the prettiest lineman in the PSAL ... I'm the prettiest lineman on earth ... " - Wayne Williams ...

That kid is a character and I think he fits right in with the Cuse family ... I hope he is getting in EO's ear ...

Apparently Wayne is a world class Uno player FWIW :)

he did light up when discussing the move to the acc, but yeah, I think he tipped his hat on the last response.

I wonder what went wrong with Ishaq'a dad at SU that doesn't make him endorse it?

I wonder what went wrong with Ishaq'a dad at SU that doesn't make him endorse it?

Its possible nothing went wrong and he didn't feel his son would get enough national attention there ... I would like to believe that if something truly did go wrong SU never even would have been a finalist ... but I could be mistaken.

Its possible nothing went wrong and he didn't feel his son would get enough national attention there ... I would like to believe that if something truly did go wrong SU never even would have been a finalist ... but I could be mistaken.

I guess so but me personally if I went to a certain school I would have pride in it and try and pass it down, but yeah if it is all about attention I guess that's where it ended with us.

I guess so but me personally if I went to a certain school I would have pride in it and try and pass it down, but yeah if it is all about attention I guess that's where it ended with us.

Just look at his father's mannerisms ... he lacks pride and apparently shame ... watching that video again further reinforces my opinion of him ... frankly I don't think his son is the same way ... I think in general Ishaq seemed to be more grounded than his father ...

I feel the same way about the video. I thinks he's all Irish. When he talked about Ishaq. The way he said "Ishaq told me I will get used to it". Made it sound like he has been convinced to go there. Hope Im wrong

Definitely not Florida. He's putting distance on the place when he talks about Florida as if it's some foreign place.
It seems like he's got ND on his mind but if that was the case, why would he even bother to visit us? I hope Marrone and co can pull this one through.

Orange Fizz went wrong...

I think that just gave him an adequate excuse honestly ... I don't think he wanted his son at SU no matter what ... the fizz became the scapegoat ... not to say that what they did was prudent mind you ... but that gave Shaun Williams his out ...

The thing that really scares me is Ogundeko really wants to be an outside LB in a 3-4. Shafer has to convince EO that playing DE did nothing to hurt Chan. The Patriots had enough faith in his ability to play multiple spots in their hybrid. Chandler was given a lot of responsibility at SU, he rushed with a hand down, dropped into coverage and played the middle in the Okie. If OE can get on campus I think Cuse still has a shot.

I don't think anything went wrong. Unless I have the wrong Dad he was pretty high on SU and Marrone even though his kid wasn't coming here. Said something about helping SU with future kids. So I wonder what he is saying to O.

I went back and watched the City Gridiron Sizzle detailing Ishaq's recruitment ... his father was such a camera hound it was unreal ... there was one other thing worth taking away from the second segment ...

"Not only am I the prettiest lineman in the PSAL ... I'm the prettiest lineman on earth ... " - Wayne Williams ...

That kid is a character and I think he fits right in with the Cuse family ... I hope he is getting in EO's ear ...

Apparently Wayne is a world class Uno player FWIW :)

Never saw that WW interview. That was awesome.

I don't think anything went wrong. Unless I have the wrong Dad he was pretty high on SU and Marrone even though his kid wasn't coming here. Said something about helping SU with future kids. So I wonder what he is saying to O.

Maybe it started and stopped with Reddish?

That's my recollection of what occurred. Sounds like lots of sour grapes here. I also seem to think Mr. Williams' was pretty transparent about his view that Notre Dame is a superior institution.

I know many here "bleed orange" and look at the world through "orange-tinted lenses," but I cant get over how many here really think Edwards and EO are a package deal because they are bffs. Most of us made a choice at one point in our lives to go to the respective colleges that we did. If those choices were based on where our friends were going, i would imagine our parents werent all to happy. I had really good, close friends growing up who were all relatively bright and very good kids.

That being said, i never would have ignored admission to Princeton to attend Syracuse, just because my buddies were going there.*** Yet that is what most here are essentially hoping that EO will do. Its pie-in-the-sky thinking. The only reason to attend the lesser school is if something at the more prestigious better school completely turned you off (e.g., lack of major; wait listed; horrible visit, etc.)

The reality is that kids like Ishaq Williams and Jarron Jones were tailor made to attend Syracuse. The fact that they chose to attend Notre Dame speaks volumes of the state of the program. Start winning and upgrade the facilities then we can talk about EO choosing SU over Notre Dame or Florida.

*** I am not sure if this was clear or not but i was just using Princeton and SU as a hypothetical. I never would have sniffed admission to a school like Princeton, though I did attend SU at one point.

That's my recollection of what occurred. Sounds like lots of sour grapes here. I also seem to think Mr. Williams' was pretty transparent about his view that Notre Dame is a superior institution.

I know many here "bleed orange" and look at the world through "orange-tinted lenses," but I cant get over how many here really think Edwards and EO are a package deal because they are bffs. Most of us made a choice at one point in our lives to go to the respective colleges that we did. If those choices were based on where our friends were going, i would imagine our parents werent all to happy. I had really good, close friends growing up who were all relatively bright and very good kids.

That being said, i never would have ignored admission to Princeton to attend Syracuse, just because my buddies were going there. Yet that is what most here are essentially hoping that EO will do. Its pie-in-the-sky thinking. The only reason to attend the lesser school is if something at the more prestigious better school completely turned you off (e.g., lack of major; wait listed; horrible visit, etc.)

The reality is that kids like Ishaq Williams and Jarron Jones were tailor made to attend Syracuse. The fact that they chose to attend Notre Dame speaks volumes of the state of the program. Start winning and upgrade the facilities then we can talk about EO choosing SU over Notre Dame or Florida.
Notre Dame in reality is a mediocre football school. The actual product has been mediocre for years. SU is in a Major BCS conference and has rich tradition. Also in case you haven't noticed ND hasn't exactly been winning lately.

Notre Dame in reality is a mediocre football school. The actual product has been mediocre for years. SU is in a Major BCS conference and has rich tradition. Also in case you haven't noticed ND hasn't exactly been winning lately.

We have been pretty mediocre as well but Notre Dame also has the NBC deal and a rich tradition and will get into essentially whatever bowl they please as long as they have an above average record. I love SU and all, but Notre Dame is way more relevant than we are right now. I don't even see how that can be argued.

That being said, i never would have ignored admission to Princeton to attend Syracuse, just because my buddies were going there. Yet that is what most here are essentially hoping that EO will do. Its pie-in-the-sky thinking. The only reason to attend the lesser school is if something at the more prestigious better school completely turned you off (e.g., lack of major; wait listed; horrible visit, etc.)

Agree with both of you. Dad was a big fan of SU and still is. Both parents being alums also helped keep us in the picture during Ishaq's recruitment. Dad is still a good spokesperson for the program as much as many people here don't want to believe. He speaks to many NYC players and speaks very kind words to them of SU (He played a part in Wayne Williams commiting here). He still posts frequently on the NYC football forum and has nothing but good things to say about our program and coach Marrone. The family and Ishaq decided that ND was a better fit for Ishaq and even though many of us diehards disagree it is what it is.

Agree with both of you. Dad was a big fan of SU and still is. Both parents being alums also helped keep us in the picture during Ishaq's recruitment. Dad is still a good spokesperson for the program as much as many people here don't want to believe. He speaks to many NYC players and speaks very kind words to them of SU (He played a part in Wayne Williams commiting here). He still posts frequently on the NYC football forum and has nothing but good things to say about our program and coach Marrone. The family and Ishaq decided that ND was a better fit for Ishaq and even though many of us diehards disagree it is what it is.

It is easy to get worked up over the notion of SU being, in Mr. Williams' opinion, good enough for Wayne (and himself for that matter), but somehow not good enough for Ishaq. I get how that rationale breeds resentment. But, in the end, its harder to find fault with a parent that wants what they deem to be as being the best for his/her child.

Why would Ishaq's Dad ever want EO to go to SU when his son goes to ND... The video along with that news has me worried. Are only hope is Augustus..

The good news is, Ebo seems to like whichever school he last visited best. Syracuse has a visit about a week before his decision. That could bode very well for the Orange.

Mikey Farrell seems to think that Florida is it. If so, he had us all fooled with yesterday's interview

It is easy to get worked up over the notion of SU being, in Mr. Williams' opinion, good enough for Wayne (and himself for that matter), but somehow not good enough for Ishaq. I get how that rationale breeds resentment. But, in the end, its harder to find fault with a parent that wants what they deem to be as being the best for his/her child.

I don't have an issue with his rationale ... I think for me its more the way he presents himself, I was watching a youtube video the other day about Wayne Williams and his recruitment and Shaun was on it more than he was ... I think he likes the attention more than Ishaq ... I don't have an issue with him choosing ND or any other school if he feels its a better fit however its about the kids chasing the scholarship not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom