Ogundeko | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey Farrell seems to think that Florida is it. If so, he had us all fooled with yesterday's interview
I think there is a reason everyone thinks something different, EO himself doesn't know for sure yet. He pushed his decision back to the 24th of July now.

This is what gives me hope for SU. If Gus commits, we get one more visit with Mom.. I like our chances. IF this dragged on until January ND will pull out all the BS.
Think ND would stop if he committed?

Mikey Farrell seems to think that Florida is it. If so, he had us all fooled with yesterday's interview

I have to laugh at some of the tweets from the Gator fans as they feel that if Farrell thinks Eb is going to Fl they might as well forget it. Eb stated right in that interview that he hadn't told any of the schools his decision yet, so unless he was lying, I don't think anyone outside his closest confidants knows where he is going. Maybe not even Eb.

I just listened to the interview and he said one small thing that makes me think ND. In ref to a question about playing LB vs DE he said that Isaq said I'll get used to it vs I'd get used to it. Who knows very minor but if you had made up your mind you would say I will If you were still thinking about it you would say I would.

Agree with both of you. Dad was a big fan of SU and still is. Both parents being alums also helped keep us in the picture during Ishaq's recruitment. Dad is still a good spokesperson for the program as much as many people here don't want to believe. He speaks to many NYC players and speaks very kind words to them of SU (He played a part in Wayne Williams commiting here). He still posts frequently on the NYC football forum and has nothing but good things to say about our program and coach Marrone. The family and Ishaq decided that ND was a better fit for Ishaq and even though many of us diehards disagree it is what it is.[/quote
With his son at ND, I think his attention is on that school. Maybe it comes back latter, but I can't see him pushing SU and not ND at the same time. Which very might be more confusing to a kid like EO. Now if Ishaq remains second string and only gets limited PT......time will tell.

I just listened to the interview and he said one small thing that makes me think ND. In ref to a question about playing LB vs DE he said that Isaq said I'll get used to it vs I'd get used to it. Who knows very minor but if you had made up your mind you would say I will If you were still thinking about it you would say I would.
Wow, you should work for the NSA. I think you may be correct.

I find that grammer is not a great concern of most teens.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The good news is, Ebo seems to like whichever school he last visited best. Syracuse has a visit about a week before his decision. That could bode very well for the Orange.
Lifeline, thanks.

read my post from yesterday. Post 235 in this thread

Personally, I'm hoping the nervousness and not knowing what to say about SU is him trying to not show his hand. His personality definitely changes when on SU. If it were me, and I was trying to cover up my decision, I'd pick the easy school to deflect the "what school most impressed you" question.

Only thing I'm pretty sure about is that he's not going to UF. We'll see.

re: school choices. Not everyone needs to go to Harvard. These are football players, after all.

Edit: From his Twitter:
"Why hasnt clemson offered me though? I love that school!"
"I always wondered why Clemson didn't offer me?? :confused:"

Notice he mentions them when talking about SU and the ACC. Revenge factor?

I feel the same way about the video. I thinks he's all Irish. When he talked about Ishaq. The way he said "Ishaq told me I will get used to it". Made it sound like he has been convinced to go there. Hope Im wrong
Wow just read your post i feel the exact same way

Its down to Florida and SU

This has not worked out well for us over the last ten years (or ever). Hopefully the combination of last visit and Gus can sway him away from the Swamp

Its down to Florida and SU

What leads you to that conclusion, do you have inside data? Based on the way he spoke it seemed like UF was kinda out of it and it was ND or SU ... of course you could be right and that could just be a smoke screen ... I took his words in the same literal context that most board members here did ... of course that last SU visit could change things ... I have no idea.

What leads you to that conclusion, do you have inside data? Based on the way he spoke it seemed like UF was kinda out of it and it was ND or SU ... of course you could be right and that could just be a smoke screen ... I took his words in the same literal context that most board members here did ... of course that last SU visit could change things ... I have no idea.

it screamed ND ... we need to hit a home run on his visit and pull for Mom and (Hopefully Gus) to get in his head.

it screamed ND ... we need to hit a home run on his visit and pull for Mom and (Hopefully Gus) to get in his head.

Agreed ... but the way he said so affirmatively UF and SU leads me to believe he is being naughty and not sharing some nuggets :) ... At least that is my hope ... I would hate to see him go to UF ... I work with some UF grads and listening to them crow about it would give me a headache, they are almost as bad as ND fans ... good night ...

The worst one of all in the entire clip

Meh ... thankfully its just one matchup and I am not sure he was in the best position to succeed in that one on one anyway ... EO is an edge rusher and I don't see him lining up helmet to helmet with guys of that caliber very often on Saturdays ... there was two other guys that struggled a bit in that drill and actually on an initial rush Elijah Daniel had a rough go ... I don't expect that to be the norm for EO ... unless he ends up in the SEC since that is where most of those jumbo tackles are headed ... or B10 land ... in the BE or ACC for that matter you won't encounter many lineman of that caliber.

The thing that really scares me is Ogundeko really wants to be an outside LB in a 3-4. Shafer has to convince EO that playing DE did nothing to hurt Chan. The Patriots had enough faith in his ability to play multiple spots in their hybrid. Chandler was given a lot of responsibility at SU, he rushed with a hand down, dropped into coverage and played the middle in the Okie. If OE can get on campus I think Cuse still has a shot.
Personally I'm sick of these kids playing with the coaching staff and the fans through the media. Its seems the last few years we have seen too much of these creeps. Maybe thats a good sign in tyhe long run. As far as Enezer "BahHumbug"! Go to Notre Dame and .:confused:

Personally I'm sick of these kids playing with the coaching staff and the fans through the media. Its seems the last few years we have seen too much of these creeps. Maybe thats a good sign in tyhe long run. As far as Enezer "BahHumbug"! Go to Notre Dame and .:confused:

wow...

Foolish thing to say. These aren't politicians, they're 17 yr old kids. Let them enjoy the exposure, they've worked to earn it.

Really? A kid has an embarrasement of riches about where to go to college, with no out of pocket costs for school, he may or may not be equivicating on a choice MONTHS before he can officially chose, and you are giving the kid grief, on a website probably read by his family. Really? Way to help the program Cali. BTW- it make no difference in any of our lives if the kid goes to ND, Rutgers, Florida, USC, Temple, Buffalo, Slippery Rock or Kalamazoo, so lighten up and let the kid enjoy the process, the doting, and his time in the spotlight. Man, where are the adults.

They aren't playing ... they are only making the most important decision they have ever had to make at this point in their lives ... honestly? Let the kid do his due diligence and weigh his options ... the only issue I have ever had with the recruiting process has been some of the showboat parents that love to make spectacles of themselves even though its really about their kids. Well that and guys like Calipari that like throwing $$$ around ... but still I think you are being way too harsh on the kid ... he is deciding in July ... and plans to graduate high school early to be on campus in January ... its not a game to him at all ... as for us the fans I admit I check this board daily (almost hourly) waiting for advance word but that is my own choice to get so emotionally invested ... these kids aren't doing it to us ... we do it to ourselves Cali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom