Ogundeko | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a 17 year-old - he will be like a pillow and bear then impression of whoever sits on him last.

My honest opinion is that Ebo is looking for an excuse NOT to pick SU. We are the safe, reliable (ie/ boring) choice. Everyone in his circle has told him this. No way he could do wrong with SU.

But being a young man of 17 years, choosing a safe and boring school just doesn't seem attractive. Syracuse doesn't have the flash and starpower that other programs (Notre Dame, Florida, Alabama, ASU, Miss St, Clemson) have. But one by one...each has fallen by the wayside. Yet Syracuse remains.

He knows we are a good fit. He knows this would be his defense and his team. Like I said, it all comes down to whether he's found a good reason NOT to pick us.

My impression was that Clemson was still recruiting him hard? Is this wrong?

My honest opinion is that Ebo is looking for an excuse NOT to pick SU. We are the safe, reliable (ie/ boring) choice. Everyone in his circle has told him this. No way he could do wrong with SU.

But being a young man of 17 years, choosing a safe and boring school just doesn't seem attractive. Syracuse doesn't have the flash and starpower that other programs (Notre Dame, Florida, Alabama, ASU, Miss St, Clemson) have. But one by one...each has fallen by the wayside. Yet Syracuse remains.

He knows we are a good fit. He knows this would be his defense and his team. Like I said, it all comes down to whether he's found a good reason NOT to pick us.
I suppose that makes sense. Hopefully due to the dead period, our player ambassadors like Zach Allen and Gus Edwards can do work behind the scenes to close the gap or possibly even put us out front. The 5th is going to be an interesting day of reveals with both Ogundeko and Laray Smith announcing at the UA game...

They aren't because this is a dead period. Neither can we.
Yes, I know but the impression given was that only SU had not fallen by the wayside and that is not the case.

In other words, we are UConn and Ebo is ACC.

In other words, we are UConn and Ebo is ACC.

Not at all. To be honest, I think we are the lead horse right now...and EO knows it.

Like I'd said previously, this team will be Ebo's team to lose. If his skills and work ethic are as advertised, Ebo has the potential to be a 4 year captain for this team...

I was at that pro day. It was still inside back then as I recall, in Manley. They had all kinds of stations set up, and between Dwight and JR Johnson the scouts kept looking at each other, checking their watches and shaking their heads. It really was quite the exhibition.

Absolutely Dave. All those scouts being there enabled JR's uber athleticism to POP at pro day and got him several years on and off various teams playing specials in the NFL. Having talked to several scouts that were present, Dwight did indeed rip off a 4.38 and the entire group of scouts simply stared at each other. Then JR ripped off something even faster and most teams started adding time to SU pro day 40's for evaluation.

Absolutely Dave. All those scouts being there enabled JR's uber athleticism to POP at pro day and got him several years on and off various teams playing specials in the NFL. Having talked to several scouts that were present, Dwight did indeed rip off a 4.38 and the entire group of scouts simply stared at each other. Then JR ripped off something even faster and most teams started adding time to SU pro day 40's for evaluation.
If I remember correctly, JR ran a 4.31.

Two Florida players just left the team and plan to transfer. Does this open a spot up for EO?

Ebo has the potential to be a 4 year captain for this team...

Love your optimism, but 4 year captain? I think there would only be a handful of redshirt sophomore captains at the FBS level, let alone a true freshman captain.

Two Florida players just left the team and plan to transfer. Does this open a spot up for EO?
There has always been a spot for Ebo. He is the only one keeping him off the commit list.:crazy:

Not at all. To be honest, I think we are the lead horse right now...and EO knows it.

Like I'd said previously, this team will be Ebo's team to lose. If his skills and work ethic are as advertised, Ebo has the potential to be a 4 year captain for this team...
What do skills/work ethic have to do with leadership?

There has always been a spot for Ebo. He is the only one keeping him off the commit list.:crazy:
He wanted UF. He'd be committed there right now if there was a spot for him.

without them leadership is difficult not impossible but difficult

Necessary? Yes. Sufficient? No.

Football captains possess those traits, but those traits alone do not make captains.

How well do they understand the coaches philosophy, both on and off the field? After all, the captains are supposed to be an extension of the coach.

How well do they relate to a wide range of players that come from drastically different places, both geographically and economically?

Skilled, hard working players that lack these intangibles (amongst others) will not become captains.

( This was not directed at you, kcsu, just a commentary on the topic.)

He wanted UF. He'd be committed there right now if there was a spot for him.
Are either of the transfers along the DL? Because if not, then it doesn't really open a spot for EO, in addition would he have publically and officially eliminated them by announcing his final 2 as SU and Clemson then turn around and put on a gator hat at the UA game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom