Oh happy day | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oh happy day

I get that they want to be heard, but: 1) there's a group with faculty representation that's been working on this from the get-go; 2) no one from the faculty (outside the committee) has uttered a peep in 18 months; and 3) bicycle access was the only recent complaint and they addressed it. Communication's important, but at some point you have to start digging.

I don't think they did address the bicycle access.

I don't think they did address the bicycle access.

They should take a flight out to Santa Barbara and look at UCSB as a model for how to integrate bicycle and pedestrian traffic. not to mention long boards, roller blades, and assorted other personal wheeled devices the kids ride around on out there.

They should take a flight out to Santa Barbara and look at UCSB as a model for how to integrate bicycle and pedestrian traffic. not to mention long boards, roller blades, and assorted other personal wheeled devices the kids ride around on out there.

Yeah, they should've looked at this seriously (and by considering how other schools either integrate or segregate the uses would've been a good start).

Deciding to stick all users into a 16' ROW and assuming that everyone will manage to get along is foolish. Careless cyclists will hit pedestrians and it'll be a problem for the university.