Oh my goodness gracious, John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman likely back on WFAN Yankees games in 2015 | Syracusefan.com

Oh my goodness gracious, John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman likely back on WFAN Yankees games in 2015

I have had issues with this duo for a long time as I catch a lot of games driving. Sterling is horrible, that much is true but he is like the ok looking girl who becomes hot because she is standing next to a fat girl. Waldman is the fat girl. How the Yankees being the greatest baseball franchise and one of the best in all of sports, something they pride themselves on with the YES network and to have this duo as the voice of radio is beyond me.

How Waldman has a job is mind boggling, her over the top obvious statements are cringe worthy. Sterling is an ass hat, always will use his over the top theatrics rather than call the actual play.

Why wouldn't they be back? They appear to be fan favorites Some may not like them but are very much in the minority. The Yankees do a ton of marketing research on the voices they have representing them Those on the YES network are good although I'm getting a little sick of Michael Kay. Ken Singleton and the others are terrific IMO Flash Coney are right there with good stuff.
I would hope the mishmash of YES voices is not the result of serious market research.

Kay is becoming more smarmy and unlistenable by minute. I'm not a big fan of his focus on the negative (regarding both the Yankees and their opponents) nor his flip-flopping opinions about the team and its players (his thoughts change with the wind).

O'Neill adds nothing to the telecasts and seemingly takes pride in being unprepared. For someone who is paid to cover baseball, his lack of knowledge about current players and teams is pretty scary, to say nothing of his "command" of the English language.

Singleton is a true pro, and is equally adept at play-by-play and color. Cone and Leiter are articulate and well-prepared, and both provide great insight into the game (I particularly like Cone's discussions of advanced metrics). Flaherty leaves me cold for some reason. Although it won't happen, I would be quite happy if YES pared down the booth to Singleton, Cone and Leiter.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they be back? They appear to be fan favorites Some may not like them but are very much in the minority. The Yankees do a ton of marketing research on the voices they have representing them Those on the YES network are good although I'm getting a little sick of Michael Kay. Ken Singleton and the others are terrific IMO Flash Coney are right there with good stuff.

I have never ever heard someone say they liked Waldman, ever.

I liked Waldman as a beat reporter for WFAN. She has great passion and seems sincere in her love for the games she has covered. Unlike most in broadcasting she is not self-promoting. I think she just loves her job. She is the genuine article. I don't mind when her emotions get the best of her.
She should never have been made a full-time color analyst. Her voice is only tolerable in small doses. I think Sterling has been a negative influence. She has become arrogant. Anybody that does or says anything she does not agree with is stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom