Ohio State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio State

is OSU actually a better hoops job than Creighton? I mean I guess they can pay more and maybe that alone makes it a better job - but I just wonder generally about any of the hoops gigs at the football-first schools...
Resources, brand, NIL, not to mention it's well known McDermott and the AD there have a sour relationship. Put that together and then you ask why stay at Creighton

is OSU actually a better hoops job than Creighton? I mean I guess they can pay more and maybe that alone makes it a better job - but I just wonder generally about any of the hoops gigs at the football-first schools...
I remember when Jb was interested in the Ohio st job ( Gary Williams got it) It was said at the time that the Ohio St job was in the top 5 in all of college hoop. That was then. This is now. But it is a better job than Creighton by a long shot.

Greg Paulus going to get a look here for that job. His time with Thad was very good and he was very well received.
I love GP and the body of work at Niagara has been just OK, tough place to win for sure but he needs to take another jump to a job and truly win before he is the running for a job like OSU.

Niagara too small of a job and he hasn't done enough there to make that big of a jump. he's done a solid job there considering what he inherited.

Like I said, I am rooting for him.

IMO, he's not even the best college coach that graduated from CBA right now. That would be Jason Leone at Oswego St who surely should be getting some looks from some bigger programs here after this season.

I am bias with both but more so with Jason, he's done a great job there and is just a great dude as well

Mike Netti, Liverpool, NY native and SU grad has been at Ohio St for years (ass’t coach now) under Holtmann so I assume he’s gone or will be soon. He was with Holtmann from his Gardner-Webb days before Ohio St and also was at East Carolina under Jeff Lebo.

McDermott has been the name to OSU all season, was the finalist last time the job opened. Not a foregone conclusion, but he's the clear leader at the clubhouse
Samurai Hoops has thrown out some hints at Ohio State pursuing McDermott on Twitter. I would imagine he’s who they will target after the season. But he might not be available til late March.

i feel like Creighton is way higher stress. You don’t play second fiddle to anything at Creighton

I saw him play last year in a big10 tournament game, I think it was a semifinal. Thought he was a sharpshooter, hit 3 or 4 3s in the first half, will have to look at his stats from this year.
His shooting is off a bit from last year

Down 5% from two, and down 13% from three

But he is still a solid player

Seeing all these coaches flame out makes you appreciate what JAB did for his first 40+ years at Syracuse. But Holtmann is walking away with $14 Mil. I'd be pissed if I was a tOSU fan.

Has Dukie V ever said any coach is not good? he's the worst suckup that's ever been on the air, every coach is good and he never will criticize one directly, only in some backhanded, milquetoast way

Has Dukie V ever said any coach is not good? he's the worst suckup that's ever been on the air, every coach is good and he never will criticize one directly, only in some backhanded, milquetoast way
He’s 84 years old, has had cancer twice, and loves basketball, there’s no reason to be negative when your days are numbered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom