OJ Mayo | Syracusefan.com

OJ Mayo

Mayo is like the anti-LeBron. Averaged 20+ as a 7th grader on his varsity team, labelled as the next LeBron James as a high schooler (Dime Magazine cover as a 17 year old). He just couldn't live up to it, the pressure was extreme. One of the extraordinary things about LeBron's career is that he DID live up to the hype amazingly enough, and has done it without off the court issues. Sad to hear for OJ, but not shocked by it.

USC played Mercer in his first college game and it was on tv. Being a Mercer alum, I remember watching that game. Mercer actually won 96-80 or something like that. USC was pretty much a mess. As I remember, Mayo scored over 30 points, but it wasn't the most efficient 30 points. But I just didn't have the sense I was watching the next greatest player ever,

USC played Mercer in his first college game and it was on tv. Being a Mercer alum, I remember watching that game. Mercer actually won 96-80 or something like that. USC was pretty much a mess. As I remember, Mayo scored over 30 points, but it wasn't the most efficient 30 points. But I just didn't have the sense I was watching the next greatest player ever,

And he got them put on probation. Trouble seems to follow him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom