OK - Time for a What Question | Syracusefan.com

OK - Time for a What Question

orange79

Internet Sleuth
I was listening to Francesa this morning and a 'Syracuse guy from MD' called in. He wanted to know what Francesa had heard about SU going after Rutgers' slot in the B1G. After I said, 'What?????', Francesa talked about SU being a good fit in the B1G, and that the Big 10 'went hard after SU before Miami was brought into the BE to make SU happy.'

1. Has ANYONE heard we are trying to move the the B1G? It sounds absurd, but so much of this conference movement has been so weird, I thought I'd ask.

2. I don't ever remember hearing about the Big 10 'going hard after SU'. Is that true, or is it just Francesa blowing smoke...again? If the Big 10 went hard after SU, I'd have to believe we'd be members of the B1G right now.

I heard what you are talking about. Some caller was more hoping SU would jump in and take the "Rutgers spot" along with Maryland. And he gave why they are a better fit (which they are in reality). But this was nothing more than a foolish sports caller making stuff up in his head and getting a platform to share his lunacy.

The Big10 did go after SU hard but it was many years back and really old news. It was also not widely known at the time and the discussions were kept pretty quiet. It was pre internet, blogs, 15 ESPN channels, sports talk radio boom...etc! Different time, different world

Thanks - hadn't heard that. And I had figured the same thing about the caller, but I had to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom