Class of 2016 - OL Chase Behrndt (MO) Verbal to West Virginia | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Chase Behrndt (MO) Verbal to West Virginia

Chase Behrndt @BehrndtChase ·
Received an offer from Syracuse today
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
#Cuse

He's a wrestler also which I like. I'll see if I can track down anything in the local papers about Chase. We don't go after too many guys close to my neck of the woods here in Kansas City.

We are after some seriously big boys. God it would be awesome if we netted some of the kids we are hard after with Washington in the fold

We are after some seriously big boys. God it would be awesome if we netted some of the kids we are hard after with Washington in the fold
We absolutely need to get some of these guys. If we can snag Fries, Pridgeon, and Behrndt? Dude, that's great to go along with the OL we got last year, as well as DeGeorge.

And no, I don't have a clue as to what that is suppose to be.

Well there team mascot is the Lancer, which would make that... something that has never been in my kitchen- to quote Cliff Clavin.

Well, their mascot is actually the "Huskies." So, it's a husky, I'd wager.

Free Article...

http://www.At their request, this n...58112-missouri-lineman-nearing-decision?s=185

Missouri Lineman Nearing Decision
Alabama tight end commit Brendan Scales, but his teammate Chase Behrndt is a quality interior line prospect with a great offer sheet as well.

Chase Behrndt
Lafayette High School / 6'4" / 295 lbs
  • PositionOG
  • OG Rank44
  • Interest23
Analysis
Offensive lineman Chase Behrndt is another nasty player on the interior of the line. He's an all-state wrestler, a finalist in his junior year, so he also understands the need for leverage. A very sound, technical player that loves the physicality of the trenches. He's an intense player that fires off the ball with a lot of aggression.

His recruiting process should come to a close by the end of the summer.

"My recruitment has been going very well," Behrndt said. "I'm ready to make my college decision around August 1."

He has a general idea of what schools will be in the mix when he announces his commitment, five in fact.

"I'm not sure what schools I'm focusing on for the choice yet," Behrndt shared. "I do have a top five of Indiana, Pittsburgh, Iowa State, Kansas, and Syracuse. I would say Kansas and Syracuse are on top. I have a decent idea about it but there's still more potential visits I'm going to take in July."

"I have also heard from Wisconsin quite a bit," he added. "I camped there. They said they would get back with me at the end of camp season to compare me with other guys that they have seen."

The Badgers had a strong grasp on the recruitment of Behrndt at one time, but the hesitation on the offer has him steering his thoughts elsewhere.

"I've had a lot of interest in Wisconsin because my father is from there," he noted. "I also have a good amount of family up in the Milwaukee area. I've just grown up dreaming of playing for them."

"I'm not sure what an offer from them would do to my recruitment," Behrndt continued about Wisconsin. "I was strongly interested in them but was told at camp there could be a potential offer for me but it didn't come through. I'm looking elsewhere now and headed in a different direction."

The top two schools have one theme in common; they're trying to rebuild the football program and return to prominence.

"I like Kansas a lot," Behrndt admitted. "It feels like it is their turn to bounce back. They have a great coaching staff there that shows me a lot of love and they have a ton of energy. Their offensive line is in great hands as well. Their new coaches are going to do wonders for that program."

"I love all the staff at Syracuse. They're great to me and have recruited me hard. I love what they are about. It's a school with a rich history looking to bounce back as well."

Chase...hope we have room for you...

#slotsfillingfast
According to Mike M, there's a chance they might still take him. Not certain but depending on how the rest of the class shakes out. We'll see.