Class of 2015 - OL Cody Conway (IL) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL Cody Conway (IL) Signed LOI

Conway will keep rising. Beeing a top 25 out of Illinois aint too shabby though.

I think this kid is really under rated. imo he really got screwed in the ratings. My favorite OL of the bunch. Most potential.

It would be interesting if Cody and Aj ended up playing against each other in post season play. Not sure what class each school is in but Plainfield is not far from Chicago.

ByYb5JyCAAEEVU4.jpg:large

Andrejas Duerig ‏@AJDuerig 9h9 hours ago
@CodyConway13 Hey man! when you going on your official?

Cody ‏@CodyConway13 44m44 minutes ago
@AJDuerig I dont know for sure yet

Andrejas Duerig ‏@AJDuerig 14m14 minutes ago
@CodyConway13 you should see if you can go Jan. 23-25 a lot of the linemen are!
Not much time left to set up an offical before signing day. Coaches are out visiting this week then mandatory dead period for a month... Coaches on vacation for that month. Then the 23rd visit right before signing day.

Conway is a kid that some have worried about holding onto, hopefully he gets that visit set up.

Hope he isn't wavering.

thought the same thing when I read it, and then Bam made a good point about dead period coming for a month, so if the kid hasn't scheduled it yet... well, let's just see.

Not much time left to set up an offical before signing day. Coaches are out visiting this week then mandatory dead period for a month... Coaches on vacation for that month. Then the 23rd visit right before signing day.

Exactly my concern about the whole twitter exchange.

It takes 5 minutes to set up a visit. Haven't heard that a lot of the kids have set up visits yet. Much ado about nothing

It takes 5 minutes to set up a visit. Haven't heard that a lot of the kids have set up visits yet. Much ado about nothing

Because the Dead period is from 12/15/14 to 1/15/15... so you would think that he would know he has to set up an OV for 1/23.

If we lose this kid and its to some dbag like Tim Beckman I will not be happy. But I will try and think positively!

Because the Dead period is from 12/15/14 to 1/15/15... so you would think that he would know he has to set up an OV for 1/23.

Dead periods don't end contact. I'm pretty sure it only eliminates face to face contact. I'll have to go check the rules but I believe writing and telephone are permissible. In addition, the recruit and recruits family can always contact the staff. A dead period also has no bearing on contact to high school coaches or employees.

Even if there is no contact there are still 6 days before the Dead period.

It seems unlikely every single kid who's going to take an official visit already has their trip set up. probably not.

Last edited:
Unless I'm looking at the wrong rule book:

Title:13.02.5.5 - Dead Period.
A dead period is a period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the institution's campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution's campus. It remains permissible, however, for an institutional staff member to write or telephone a prospective student-athlete during a dead period. (Revised: 1/11/94, 12/6/13)

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/bylawSearch

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars?division=d1

(b) November 30, 2014 through January 31, 2015 [except for (1) and (2)
below]:

Six (6) in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete
shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one
permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial
calendar week.

Contact Period

(1) December 14, 2014, for all junior college prospective studentathletes
who intend to enroll midyear: Quiet Period

(2) December 15, 2014 through January 14, 2015: [applicable to all
prospective student-athletes (see Bylaw 13.02.5.5.2): Dead Period

Dead periods don't end contact. I'm pretty sure it only eliminates face to face contact. I'll have to go check the rules but I believe writing and telephone are permissible. In addition, the recruit and recruits family can always contact the staff. A dead period also has no bearing on contact to high school coaches or employees.

Even if there is no contact there are still 6 days before the Dead period.

It seems unlikely every single kid who's going to take an official visit already has their trip set up. probably not.

I understand the difference between Dead period and Quiet. I am not talking about the coaches not being able to contact these kids, what I am pointing out is that there is a limited time frame for him to take his OV. I believe it was Bambrewer who told me months ago that the coaches were indicating to the commits that the big OV weekend was going to be 1/22.

I understand the difference between Dead period and Quiet. I am not talking about the coaches not being able to contact these kids, what I am pointing out is that there is a limited time frame for him to take his OV. I believe it was Bambrewer who told me months ago that the coaches were indicating to the commits that the big OV weekend was going to be 1/22.

Understood about 1/22 being big, but that doesn't mean only weekend. These are the weekends still available right?

Dec 13
Jan 17
Jan 24
Jan 31

Understood about 1/22 being big, but that doesn't mean only weekend. These are the weekends still available right?

Dec 13
Jan 17
Jan 24
Jan 31
No the staff is on vacation during the dead period coming up they won't be around for offficals

Well the 1/24 is the big weekend. Yes that does leave 3 other weekends but have you heard of anyone taking an OV this weekend?

No the staff is on vacation during the dead period coming up they won't be around for offficals

Those weekends aren't in the Dead period but the staff should be around for those three weekends in January.

The 24 is the weekend they have set up. The 31 st is a week before signing day and I am sure they don't want to be in that boat that late. This weekend they are out on the recruiting trail. So maybe the 17 th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom