OL did a more than adequate job today... | Syracusefan.com

OL did a more than adequate job today...

RF2044

Living Legend
No small feat, given that we were down three starters [Conway, Emerich, Palmer].

Very pleased to see Evan Adams out there--guy has a nice future. And Byrne / Evans both have the attributes to both hold up in pass protection and open holes for the run game.

I'm curious to hear the impressions of the CILs, Finwads, etc. who understand the game from a coaching perspective. Specifically:
  • How would you rate Adams's play today?
  • What is your take on McGloster's development / long term potential?
  • Is Byrne "better" at center than Emerich?
  • There wasn't much room open in the running game, but was that more attributable to a stout uconn run-D?
  • Lasker isn't great, but he seemed to have a "solid" performance today?
  • What is your take on Roberts's performance?

I sat near Adams family ... They are good people and very excited about today. He has a lil bro that looks like a future lineman. After the game Adams sprinted down to give his family a hug. Great moment.

The Pickard, Strickland, and Phillips families were there too. Good crew

I sat near Adams family ... They are good people and very excited about today. He has a lil bro that looks like a future lineman. After the game Adams sprinted down to give his family a hug. Great moment.

The Pickard, Strickland, and Phillips families were there too. Good crew
I sat about 3 rows above where the OLine would sit down between drives yesterday. You could tell Adams really wanted this game back in his home state. Was jumping around and screaming his head off when the defense got the stop on 4th down. He's a huge kid and I love his upside. He's built perfectly.

No small feat, given that we were down three starters [Conway, Emerich, Palmer].

Very pleased to see Evan Adams out there--guy has a nice future. And Byrne / Evans both have the attributes to both hold up in pass protection and open holes for the run game.

I'm curious to hear the impressions of the CILs, Finwads, etc. who understand the game from a coaching perspective. Specifically:
  • How would you rate Adams's play today?
  • What is your take on McGloster's development / long term potential?
  • Is Byrne "better" at center than Emerich?
  • There wasn't much room open in the running game, but was that more attributable to a stout uconn run-D?
  • Lasker isn't great, but he seemed to have a "solid" performance today?
  • What is your take on Roberts's performance?
Great questions all. I'm also of the opinion that the run blocking is a bit better than we think. I'm disappointed in the vision of both Strickland and Neal on MANY of these run plays. Which again BEGS the question many of us have asked...What's up with FREDERICKS????

Been rewatching the game. Someone double check me on this; it seems that in a lot of those 3rd and short, where we're trying to punch it through on a run play, the OL is seemingly pass blocking. I think it's being done purposefully because of the RPO. If so, that could be the reason the running game isn't that great.

Been rewatching the game. Someone double check me on this; it seems that in a lot of those 3rd and short, where we're trying to punch it through on a run play, the OL is seemingly pass blocking. I think it's being done purposefully because of the RPO. If so, that could be the reason the running game isn't that great.
Wouldn't that imply wrong choices by Dungey?

Wouldn't that imply wrong choices by Dungey?
Not necessarily. It could be confusion on the line. It might be that they're not sure the play call is a run, and that they want to avoid an ineligible receiver down field penalty if Dungey decides to pass.

Not necessarily. It could be confusion on the line. It might be that they're not sure the play call is a run, and that they want to avoid an ineligible receiver down field penalty if Dungey decides to pass.
Yikes. With so many PTOs that is not a good sign.

I could swear I saw Burton and Clausman in at some point. Anyone else ?