Class of 2017 - OL Tyran Hunt (VA) Grad Transfer from Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Tyran Hunt (VA) Grad Transfer from Maryland

Well, I think what I'm saying here is it's fine if a recruit makes that choice, as in they don't like the idea that it will be tough for their family to come and see them play.

And also what I am saying is it's not fine if a family makes that choice for the recruit. "You shouldn't go there because it's just going to be too hard for us to watch you play live."

When CuseLegacy makes it a point to say that Hunt's "distance" comment is not about geography, I take that to mean that Syracuse is too distant in culture from anything the recruit has experienced. But again, that should be the recruit's choice, not the family's. Not saying that is the case here, but when I read the article it sounded eerily like family was pushing for another choice.

It's perfectly fine for Mom and Dad to heavily weigh in on where their child goes to school.

What's not fine is anonymous internet posters telling other parents whats best for their kids.

It's perfectly fine for Mom and Dad to heavily weigh in on where their child goes to school.

What's not fine is anonymous internet posters telling other parents whats best for their kids.
Seriously? Is that what I did?

Seriously? Is that what I did?

maybe i mis-interpreted

And also what I am saying is it's not fine if a family makes that choice for the recruit. "You shouldn't go there because it's just going to be too hard for us to watch you play live."

But again, that should be the recruit's choice, not the family's.

maybe i mis-interpreted

But again, that should be the recruit's choice, not the family's.
I agree with you. Parents, by all means, should have input into the major decisions that their children make. Without a doubt. And in 17 years, I will be giving advice to my children as it pertains to post high school careers.

However, if my child really feels that a university or institution is the place for them and I don't feel the same way, hopefully I will be able to communicate that, but understand why my biases are what they are. What I can't do is just give them advice in an attempt to keep them closer to home. Don't feel that's legitimate.

That's advice I would give to all parents. No parent wants to be separated from their kid, if even for a time. But I would have to have better reasons to not do something than "it's just so far." According to CuseLegacy geographic distance is not the case here. But is it a case of the family still just wanting Tyran to do something more familiar or closer to "home?" I'm not sure.

Now, if Tyran wants to be closer to home, that's a whole different scenario than what I am speaking about

I agree with you. Parents, by all means, should have input into the major decisions that their children make. Without a doubt. And in 17 years, I will be giving advice to my children as it pertains to post high school careers.

However, if my child really feels that a university or institution is the place for them and I don't feel the same way, hopefully I will be able to communicate that, but understand why my biases are what they are. What I can't do is just give them advice in an attempt to keep them closer to home. Don't feel that's legitimate.

That's advice I would give to all parents. No parent wants to be separated from their kid, if even for a time. But I would have to have better reasons to not do something than "it's just so far." According to CuseLegacy geographic distance is not the case here. But is it a case of the family still just wanting Tyran to do something more familiar or closer to "home?" I'm not sure.

Now, if Tyran wants to be closer to home, that's a whole different scenario than what I am speaking about

i say to each their own man. If Mookie Watkins had his way he'd have gone to rutgirls.

Last edited:
I don't know a thing. But for some kids staying close to home and to what is familiar is a deciding factor. I'm just looking at where Tryan is from and the schools he has listed in his top choices. SU is the only northern school.

1) From your post, it seems that you are either a parent of an infant, or are soon expecting (unless you expect your kids to apply to college in their mid 20's for some reason). If that's the case, congratulations! But perhaps consider getting a few years of parenting under your belt before you start lecturing the parents of high school kids on how to handle decision making related to choosing a college.

2) You are making A TON of assumptions and bringing many presuppositions that you are assigning to the parents and family of Tyran Hunt. Unless you know these people personally and are privy to what they are telling their son, perhaps you should refrain from assuming so much. It is especially rich coming in the midst of a post where you "understand why your biases are what they are". You are a Syracuse fan posting on a Syracuse board criticizing the hypothetical influences by a recruit's family on the decision making of a desired recruit. Perhaps you should utilize your own advice and examine your biases and how it is influencing your interpretation of the family. Perhaps you can give the benefit of the doubt that Tyran and his family will make the best decision they can, hope that is Orange, and wish him well if it isn't.

I don't know a thing. But for some kids staying close to home and to what is familiar is a deciding factor. I'm just looking at where Tryan is from and the schools he has listed in his top choices. SU is the only northern school.
My son was getting ready for a game tonight when a few team members met an SU recruiter and he told the they just got a 6'7" 285 lb. guy today. That is what my son told me in a text from school.

No name was mentioned,other than the kid is from the south is what the guy said. Don't know about Randolph.

1) From your post, it seems that you are either a parent of an infant, or are soon expecting (unless you expect your kids to apply to college in their mid 20's for some reason). If that's the case, congratulations! But perhaps consider getting a few years of parenting under your belt before you start lecturing the parents of high school kids on how to handle decision making related to choosing a college.

2) You are making A TON of assumptions and bringing many presuppositions that you are assigning to the parents and family of Tyran Hunt. Unless you know these people personally and are privy to what they are telling their son, perhaps you should refrain from assuming so much. It is especially rich coming in the midst of a post where you "understand why your biases are what they are". You are a Syracuse fan posting on a Syracuse board criticizing the hypothetical influences by a recruit's family on the decision making of a desired recruit. Perhaps you should utilize your own advice and examine your biases and how it is influencing your interpretation of the family. Perhaps you can give the benefit of the doubt that Tyran and his family will make the best decision they can, hope that is Orange, and wish him well if it isn't.
I think I left room for being wrong on this situation if you really read my posts

This thread has lost me.
As well as the topic it was meant to report upon; a sad story about many posts that then turn into

boy3801846525_f872de0979_z.jpg

matches

Well, if nothing else Hunt should be thinking that bountiful PT is ripe for the taking next year should he choose to come here...

Well, if nothing else Hunt should be thinking that bountiful PT is ripe for the taking next year should he choose to come here...
Unfortunately most of the schools on his list would probably be good for early playing time.

I wold have moved on a long time ago in this thread.

Anyway. I hope all this talk comes to nothing and and my speculation (let me stress this--speculation) is completely unfounded. Would love to have Hunt in Syracuse

Tyran Hunt ‏@tyranjhunt 15h15 hours ago
Due to personal family business, I have rescheduled my official visit to the University of Maryland for December 2nd after the season!

In response to when he would commit...
Tyran Hunt ‏@tyranjhunt 10h10 hours ago
Early December since the date has been postponed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom