Class of 2016 - OL Erik Swenson (IL) Verbal to Oklahoma | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Erik Swenson (IL) Verbal to Oklahoma

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Michigan just ditched a 4* OL from Illinois
They pulled his offer trying to make room. Erik Swenson from Downers Grove, IL. Now re-opening his recruitment. Call him.

They pulled his offer trying to make room. Erik Swenson from Downers Grove, IL. Now re-opening his recruitment. Call him.
How tall is he?

People are saying he's going to go to Northwestern but I seem to remember them being out of room for OL when Cuse picked up Heckel.

People are saying he's going to go to Northwestern but I seem to remember them being out of room for OL when Cuse picked up Heckel.
I think that might have been what the old staff told him, and it was before Brouse and Degeorge decommitted (and before we received verbals from O'Sullivan and Servais). So who knows. 4* OL don't grow on trees, so I can't image not to creating a roster spot for him.

Last edited:
I think that might have been what the old staff told him, and it was before Brouse and Degeorge decommitted (and before we received verbals from O'Sullivan and Servais). So who knows. But it would be difficult to turn down a 4* OL.
I meant Northwestern was out of spaces for OL so he decided on Cuse.

You can never, ever, ever, ever, ever have to many 4* OL. If there is any interest please offer

looks like Northwestern has 20 total commits. 2 are OGs and 2 are OTs. no clue what their needs are on the O line, but 4 commits sounds like a pretty decent number. Our staff recruits Chicago well, so you never know.

Michigan just ditched a 4* OL from Illinois

In a text message to MLive, the four-star offensive tackle said Michigan recently pulled its scholarship offer and canceled his previously-scheduled official visit. He said the program did not provide a reason for doing so. He declined to speak further on the matter at this time.

The 6-foot-7, 285-pound Swenson -- from Downers Grove, Illinois -- committed to Michigan in 2013, when Brady Hoke was the program's head coach.

In a text message to MLive, the four-star offensive tackle said Michigan recently pulled its scholarship offer and canceled his previously-scheduled official visit. He said the program did not provide a reason for doing so. He declined to speak further on the matter at this time.

The 6-foot-7, 285-pound Swenson -- from Downers Grove, Illinois -- committed to Michigan in 2013, when Brady Hoke was the program's head coach.
That is such a shady thing for Michigan to do. He was committed to the program for over two freaking years and you're just gonna pull his scholarship two weeks before signing day? I'm sorry this is unacceptable by any school and only makes me not like Michigan just that much more.

Harbaugh has been too busy climbing trees and attending slumber parties for recruits to worry about others who may have been committed for 2 years.
I wonder if he was a priest before he got into coaching. :rolling:

deguisement-viking-guerrier.jpg

I wonder if he was a priest before he got into coaching. :rolling:
Ha!!! If you think I am making this up you would be sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
We definitely have a chance. Most of the other places he'd been looking at filled up. OSU and ND already turned him away at this late point.

We definitely have a chance. Most of the other places he'd been looking at filled up. OSU and ND already turned him away at this late point.
What about the Wisconsins, Iowas, Mich States. He has B10 written all over him.

What about the Wisconsins, Iowas, Mich States. He has B10 written all over him.
Makes me wonder if there are character issues. Seems very strange that he was cut loose so late in the process.

Makes me wonder if there are character issues. Seems very strange that he was cut loose so late in the process.

Not strange at all. He's a Hoke commit and Harbaugh is in on bigger fish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom