Class of 2016 - OL Jack Wohlabaugh (OH) Committed to Ohio State/Transferring to Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Jack Wohlabaugh (OH) Committed to Ohio State/Transferring to Duke

Free article...

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/What-coaches-see-in-Jack-Wohlabaugh--36379745

Michigan offered 2016 Stow (OH) Walsh Jesuit offensive lineman Jack Wohlabaugh this past weekend.

Here's what coaches see in their evaluation of Wohlabaugh's game.

Wohlabaugh is a tough, explosive interior lineman that can fire off the ball and move defensive lineman. He rises off the ball with consistent pad level and gets good arm extension to strike people and steer them out of the play. Wohlabaugh seeks contact. He's always looking for someone to hit. Wohlabaugh is mechanically sound with his technique and his his arms and legs are in good unison. Wohlabaugh understands leverage and blocking angles. He doesn't have the imposing size you look for on the offensive line but his strength and physicality make him a bigger lineman. His initial strike or punch on opponents is just as good as anyone in the country. Can shift his weight to combo block and move up to the next level. He plays on his toes, giving him nimble feet and he keeps his weight up front and uses it to push defenders back.

Wohlabaugh's slender and proportioned frame allow him to move with good quickness and agility. Wohlabaugh could play the center position in college with his ability to move and fire off the ball to reach a defensive tackle lined up over the guard. He can turn and seal off defenders in the run game. He looks good blocking in space and on the move when he pulls from the guard spot. Wohlabaugh is able to generate good power behind his blocks and could be a force with added weight put on at the next level. He has the mean streak and the mentality to destroy defenders that you look for in an offensive lineman. Has the core strength to absorb a bull-rush in pass protection and anchor down.

Free article...

http://michigan.No links to 247 all...What-coaches-see-in-Jack-Wohlabaugh--36379745

Michigan offered 2016 Stow (OH) Walsh Jesuit offensive lineman Jack Wohlabaugh this past weekend.

2cr38mt.gif

Either he respects the hell out of Shafer's ability to identify talent, or he really hates Shafer. Either way, he's really helping me recover quickly from the hangover last season left..

Stop me if you've heard this one before: a Syracuse legacy recruit commits somewhere else...

Stop me if you've heard this one before: a Syracuse legacy recruit commits somewhere else...

Heard it nearly as many times as ... "Two guys walk into a bar ... "

Not surprised... almost every kid that plays/lives in Ohio talks about going to Ohio State.

Jordan Fuller ‏@j__fuller1 11m11 minutes ago

Ohio State had 99,391 people come to their SPRING game
1f633.png
1f633.png

Honestly what else is there to do in Ohio? Other than watch Lebron James not much ... I do wonder however with some of these legacy guys if any relationships were harmed during Marrone's tenure and his no alums allowed approach.

Maybe I'm just conditioned to it at this point, but it never gives me a warm feeling to hear we are recruiting a legacy's kid. Funny thing is the one who really wanted to come here, Brendan Pidgeon, we turned away. First team Class B all state, but too small, too slow, not worth the scholly.

CuseLegacy said:
Not surprised... almost every kid that plays/lives in Ohio talks about going to Ohio State.

They had 99K for their spring game today.

No wonder.

wfschrec said:
Honestly what else is there to do in Ohio? Other than watch Lebron James not much ... I do wonder however with some of these legacy guys if any relationships were harmed during Marrone's tenure and his no alums allowed approach.

Idk if people really cared about their program I think they could find a couple hours on a nice Spring day to go watch some football. It's not like there was ton to do on a cold, windy day in Syracuse a few weeks ago and we pulled what 4k? It's the reason they are Ohio St and can pull our legacy recruits with ease.

anomander said:
Idk if people really cared about their program I think they could find a couple hours on a nice Spring day to go watch some football. It's not like there was ton to do on a cold, windy day in Syracuse a few weeks ago and we pulled what 4k? It's the reason they are Ohio St and can pull our legacy recruits with ease.

The problem is no one cares about a 3-9 program. It's a vicious cycle.

About the same amount as there is to do in central NY. Difference is the quality of football program.

About the same amount as there is to do in central NY. Difference is the quality of football program.
Yep, the conversation there is "Ya think Urb can go back to back?" The conversation here is "Hey, ya think we're going to score touchdowns this year?"

Compare apples to apples - If we just won the national championship last year, The Dome would be damned near full for spring ball.

Compare apples to apples - If we just won the national championship last year, The Dome would be damned near full for spring ball.

Exactly. Plus it is just what it's name says... THE state school of Ohio... it is the same thing as Penn State.

Um last I looked we were "New York's College Team" ... its true I saw it on a billboard in NYC.

Didn't they tell you ... you can't believe everything you read on billboards. ;)