Class of 2016 - OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson

What's the difference between us flipping kids from BGSU and Western Michigan?

I really like everyone we've brought in because they have great tapes. Have you watched the Rutgers kids' tapes to see if they're good players too? I'm not saying that they're good players, but perception without context is probably how people have looked at our class too from outside.

Why so judgy? The difference in MY EYES, is that Dino recruited those BGSU guys to fit his system. Besides that here is who Dino and co have brought in...

Riley - Aricona flip and had other P5 offers
Ruff - UVA flip and had other P5 offers
Shaw - BG flip? had other P5 offers
M. Clark - UMD flip had other p5 offers
D. Clark - dont know if he flipped, but had other P5 offers
E. Foster - had other P5 offers
A. Armstrong, had other P5 offers
O Sullivan - Cincy flip other p5 offers
Butler, UMD flip, other P5 offers
Black - Illinois flip, other p5 offers
Servais - G5 offers only
Coleman, WMU flip, G5 offers only
Smith- FAU flip, G5 offers only
Jones - G5 offers only
Williams - G5 offers only

Even taking an outsiders perspective, 15 commits vs 2. Babers started 12/5, Ash hired the 7th. Not only is the quantity substantially greater, the QUALITY is better as well with multiple commits showing multiple P5 offers (via 247sports). Its not over until signing day, but if Ash were here and recruiting what he has shown at RU, this board would be in full meltdown mode.

What's the difference between us flipping kids from BGSU and Western Michigan?

I really like everyone we've brought in because they have great tapes. Have you watched the Rutgers kids' tapes to see if they're good players too? I'm not saying that they're good players, but perception without context is probably how people have looked at our class too from outside.

People have such a desire to hate on Rutgers that they lose perspective. We have a tendency to call our low rated, or low offer players diamonds in the rough. While at other schools they just aren't good players. I agree we have some good looking players coming in, but from the outside looking in we are bringing in MAC level players into the ACC. This exact conversation is happening on the Rutgers board in reverse right now. Fact is we are not very far off from each other as far as where our programs stand. I personally am optimistic about Babers and hope that we separate ourselves from a number of programs that we are all to easy to be compared to.

Why so judgy? The difference in MY EYES, is that Dino recruited those BGSU guys to fit his system. Besides that here is who Dino and co have brought in...

Riley - Aricona flip and had other P5 offers
Ruff - UVA flip and had other P5 offers
Shaw - BG flip? had other P5 offers
M. Clark - UMD flip had other p5 offers
D. Clark - dont know if he flipped, but had other P5 offers
E. Foster - had other P5 offers
A. Armstrong, had other P5 offers
O Sullivan - Cincy flip other p5 offers
Butler, UMD flip, other P5 offers
Black - Illinois flip, other p5 offers
Servais - G5 offers only
Coleman, WMU flip, G5 offers only
Smith- FAU flip, G5 offers only
Jones - G5 offers only
Williams - G5 offers only

Even taking an outsiders perspective, 15 commits vs 2. Babers started 12/5, Ash hired the 7th. Not only is the quantity substantially greater, the QUALITY is better as well with multiple commits showing multiple P5 offers (via No links to . . . allowed on this site). Its not over until signing day, but if Ash were here and recruiting what he has shown at RU, this board would be in full meltdown mode.
Read my post. I'm playing devil's advocate.

I still think our class is miles better. But you're doing the same thing their fans are doing and justifying offers kids might not have had anymore. There's always going to be spin. That's my point.

Tobias Funke said:
People have such a desire to hate on Rutgers that they lose perspective. We have a tendency to call our low rated, or low offer players diamonds in the rough. While at other schools they just aren't good players. I agree we have some good looking players coming in, but from the outside looking in we are bringing in MAC level players into the ACC. This exact conversation is happening on the Rutgers board in reverse right now. Fact is we are not very far off from each other as far as where our programs stand. I personally am optimistic about Babers and hope that we separate ourselves from a number of programs that we are all to easy to be compared to.

In recruiting, perception is key. The perception of our program seems to be trending up, while Rutgers down. Recent history suggests they are a peer school but the results on the recruiting trail speak volumes.

Read my post. I'm playing devil's advocate.

I still think our class is miles better. But you're doing the same thing their fans are doing and justifying offers kids might not have had anymore. There's always going to be spin. That's my point.

I may have missed that point, but my original point was never to claim we had some OMG amazing recruits either. I simply stated that as of right now, Dino and Co is doing better than Ash and co. Thats not to say things wont change leading up to NSD, or things will change next year. All i was saying was that if Ash was here, and all we had 6 weeks later was a prep Temple flip and a kid with ODU and Monmouth offers, this board would be freaking out right now.

I'd add that Illinois landed a DE from Pennsylvania that had been verballed to jersey state before Flood was fired. At least we're getting Illinois' decommits...

I'd add that Illinois landed a DE from Pennsylvania that had been verballed to jersey state before Flood was fired. At least we're getting Illinois' decommits...
There are fans commenting that Baber's commits are MAC level players. He and his coaches have done an outstanding job of bringing in talenafter the coaching switch in the middle of recruiting season!

Hard to explain this one. Supposedly had multiple P5 offers (Virginia, Pitt, Indiana, Rutgers), decommitted way back on 12/12, but ended up at a 1-AA school. Grades?

Wow another non-P5 Boom. And we were all so excited about landing these kids when we did.

No wonder we could only win 3 or 4 games

This kid had other P5 offers. I don't know that this is the right player to say this about.

This kid had other P5 offers. I don't know that this is the right player to say this about.

Rutgers has NOBODY. They just lost another kid today. Surely, they would be looking to offer him something commitable no?

Rutgers has NOBODY. They just lost another kid today. Surely, they would be looking to offer him something commitable no?
That's my thought. It must be grades, or they see something that FHCSS didn't see.

Had Shafer not been fired and Parker and Holloway not qualified...holy cow it would've gotten ugly

Yep. Especially after KJ Williams and Edouard 2 years ago.

Yep. Especially after KJ Williams and Edouard 2 years ago.
And Prater and Blair...

And that doesn't even include the ones who qualified but then flunked out very quickly - or would have had they not gotten kicked out.

Most of Shafer's best recruits never made it here - they were desperation recruits where others passed and SU prayed for a SAT score or grades despite the odds being stacked against them.

Anyone who ends up going to Towson is an appropriate person to say that about.

Towson. Seriously? Towson???

The last staff was much worse than we thought

And Prater and Blair...

And that doesn't even include the ones who qualified but then flunked out very quickly - or would have had they not gotten kicked out.

Most of Shafer's best recruits never made it here - they were desperation recruits where others passed and SU prayed for a SAT score or grades despite the odds being stacked against them.
Most...really? Holy hyperbole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom