Class of 2016 - OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson

Man it really sucks that this staff has given up on both New Jersey and Florida. When we were good our roster was full of athletes from those states.

The giving up on Florida thing was an odd sentiment given Shafer's longtime ties down there and Lester working the Tampa and Orlando metro areas. Obviously people complaining about NJ were not paying attention.

I wonder what's going on in Illinois this year? The last two years, there was almost a focus there. This year, nary a word...

The giving up on Florida thing was an odd sentiment given Shafer's longtime ties down there and Lester working the Tampa and Orlando metro areas. Obviously people complaining about NJ were not paying attention.

I wonder what's going on in Illinois this year? The last two years, there was almost a focus there. This year, nary a word...

It's not that they haven't offered kids in Illinois for this class... there are about a dozen in the database. I think that they are just concentrating their efforts on where they think the best prospects are this recruiting cycle.

Bailey... what an assclown as he picks out a photo from a rutgirls site...... the post goes out of it's way to how how much it hates syracuse just to generate clicks

18147563-mmmain.jpg

It's not that they haven't offered kids in Illinois for this class... there are about a dozen in the database. I think that they are just concentrating their efforts on where they think the best prospects are this recruiting cycle.
This...they still are looking at the Chicago Area (NW IN, N ILL, S WI). A coach told me they love the area...I think you'll still see us there pulling out a kid or two each cycle...particularly linemen and LB'ers.

We get a kid from Jersey and people complain we aren't recruiting Illinois anymore, we get a kid from Georgia and we aren't recruiting Florida hard enough anymore, we get a kid from Florida and we aren't recruiting NY well enough. Wash rinse and repeat.

Sounds like we are recruiting well and spread out quite a bit.

On the NJ front, I don't think the sentiment was that we weren't recruiting NJ, quite the opposite really. We recruited NJ hard and everyone knew it. We were correctly told that Acosta had all sorts of great ties and ins on great talent. We whiffed on a lot of the great talent and then began passing on the really good talent. It shouldn't be shocking that this confused a lot of people given the rhetoric we were hearing, and the recruits we were tracking. I know that we will continue to recruit NJ hard and if the wins come, so too will the bigger successes and coups to the point where it will be a coup if we don't get the upper echelon kids.

I think Acosta runs NJ, but I do hope our staff is careful about handing out too many conditional or non-committable offers. That could sour some relationships (with coaches or programs) when kids are passed over or told no when trying to commit.

I think the rest of the staff is too vested, with too many roots in the Ohio to Illinois mid-west region to walk away just because there is success in NJ or Fla. I don't think we should give up that angle unique to most Eastern schools. Pitt took a chunk by hiring Nards and Wisconsin will play with us in NJ/PA because they have a coach who got familiar with the region coming from Pitt. The pool is getting crowded, but I think we're doing a good job of keeping our head above.

On the NJ front, I don't think the sentiment was that we weren't recruiting NJ, quite the opposite really. We recruited NJ hard and everyone knew it. We were correctly told that Acosta had all sorts of great ties and ins on great talent. We whiffed on a lot of the great talent and then began passing on the really good talent. It shouldn't be shocking that this confused a lot of people given the rhetoric we were hearing, and the recruits we were tracking. I know that we will continue to recruit NJ hard and if the wins come, so too will the bigger successes and coups to the point where it will be a coup if we don't get the upper echelon kids.

I think Acosta runs NJ, but I do hope our staff is careful about handing out too many conditional or non-committable offers. That could sour some relationships (with coaches or programs) when kids are passed over or told no when trying to commit.

I think the rest of the staff is too vested, with too many roots in the Ohio to Illinois mid-west region to walk away just because there is success in NJ or Fla. I don't think we should give up that angle unique to most Eastern schools. Pitt took a chunk by hiring Nards and Wisconsin will play with us in NJ/PA because they have a coach who got familiar with the region coming from Pitt. The pool is getting crowded, but I think we're doing a good job of keeping our head above.

The noncommitable offer is annoying. However, most of the kids that were passed over were on campus for direct viewing LIVE by the coaches. I believe that to be fair. Will it rub some the wrong way - maybe but a HS coach wil be ok with that process. The kids, maybe not.

as a news organization that is very short on staff they would delegate a different person just to pick out a photo? My sister got laid-off from there a few years ago.

I can see maybe a new headline,but a photo ? that is to be part of story. I can see the editor deleting a photo if it takes up too much space in a story. Just my opinion

He's not even in town.. I doubt he picked out the picture.

as a news organization that is very short on staff they would delegate a different person just to pick out a photo? My sister got laid-off from there a few years ago.

I can see maybe a new headline,but a photo ? that is to be part of story. I can see the editor deleting a photo if it takes up too much space in a story. Just my opinion
Writers write. They have little to do with the design/interface.

"Parker added that he wants to get as many Camden players as possible up to Syracuse. The top immediate target is defensive end Jamal Holloway, who the Orange are also recruiting very hard. "

Hell yes

With these high school players, there are very limited options for what pictures the papers have rights for. I assume the RU visit was taken from a Twitter account, he may not have posted a similar picture from Syracuse and that may just be one of the better pictures available for fair use. Also, highly unlikely Bailey chose the picture.

With these high school players, there are very limited options for what pictures the papers have rights for. I assume the RU visit was taken from a Twitter account, he may not have posted a similar picture from Syracuse and that may just be one of the better pictures available for fair use. Also, highly unlikely Bailey chose the picture.

Plus they aren't allowed to use Twitter pics unless the kids give them permission. Probably the RU pic was one that they had on file as it was from NJ.com.

We get a kid from Jersey and people complain we aren't recruiting Illinois anymore, we get a kid from Georgia and we aren't recruiting Florida hard enough anymore, we get a kid from Florida and we aren't recruiting NY well enough. Wash rinse and repeat.

Sounds like we are recruiting well and spread out quite a bit.

You read my post as a complaint?

During shafers tenure he's signed 2-5-2 recruits from Illinois. There are at least 6 coaches on staff and with recruiting ties to the area. I havent taken note of a recruit from there in months. I think it's fair to comment on. I never said I don't trust the staff or their process.

"It looks like it may rain here." Que IB pissing on me for complaining about the weather...

Jersey/Ohio and Georgia.

Those are always my favorite states.

Stoked!!! This kid is a killer. The stable of murderous savages at linebacker gets a WHOLE lot stronger with this one.

How's the Camden area rank for football talent in NJ?

Plus they aren't allowed to use Twitter pics unless the kids give them permission. Probably the RU pic was one that they had on file as it was from NJ.com.
Exactly as I searched in his twitter to find that picture and it did not exist so it looks like they went out of their way to find this one as a quick google search gave me plenty of other options and them to choose also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom