Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

Cuse27m
2014 Hunterdon Central (NJ) OLB Jason Cabinda added a Syracuse offer today and says he's "beyond excited" about it

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1304878/#highlights/42031380
His highlight tape is almost all RB and some Defensive End. I think his size and speed is more suitable for Linebacker, like you have listed above, and he is listed as athlete on some websites. But it'll be interesting to see if we push him to LB as it doesn't seem like he played there yet in high school. He's a bruising runner on tape though, and got some decent shiftiness for a kid his size. On those highlights of him blocking, couldn't help but think maybe he's a fullback in college, although that position is basically dead these days

His highlight tape is almost all RB and some Defensive End. I think his size and speed is more suitable for Linebacker, like you have listed above, and he is listed as athlete on some websites. But it'll be interesting to see if we push him to LB as it doesn't seem like he played there yet in high school. He's a bruising runner on tape though, and got some decent shiftiness for a kid his size. On those highlights of him blocking, couldn't help but think maybe he's a fullback in college, although that position is basically dead these days

Fullback is very much alive in the pistol.

In top 3. strange that rutgers hasn't offered.

In top 3. strange that rutgers hasn't offered.

Wait until he commits. Go after him hard in January. Promise him he can play running back. Helps if he is friends with the Gause family (see Devan Carter).

With BC and MD. Seems like I am seeing a lot of SU and BC..Addazzio is hard at it.

Addazzio is a monster. Just look at what he has to work with the season he's coming off. He is doing a great job.

Good to see us back and live in NJ again. This would be a good start. I think Franklin and he are friends.

Addazzio is a monster. Just look at what he has to work with the season he's coming off. He is doing a great job.

Good to see us back and live in NJ again. This would be a good start. I think Franklin and he are friends.
Yes, Addazzio is a great coach and recruiter. Could have seen him fitting in well at SU. Now that he's in a big boy conference, he's going to be dangerous in a few years.

Yes, Addazzio is a great coach and recruiter. Could have seen him fitting in well at SU. Now that he's in a big boy conference, he's going to be dangerous in a few years.

My wife was at Temple for grad school - she thinks Addazzio is kind of a scary dude. Fine line between intense and angry. Does seem to be doing a good job on the recruiting though and I don't have enough outside information to validate or invalidate her take but I definitely find his style to be off-putting. Would you rather have your son playing for a guy like Scott Shafer or Addazzio???

Addazzio has proven that he is an above average recruiter but his coaching ability is still suspect.

His sideline antics alone are enough for most schools to pass on him.

I hope that Addazzio is successful at BC, but just not as successful as Shafer. It only bodes well for the conference if all the schools improve in football. Rarely hear BC mentioned down here in Carolina, they are the forgotten conference memeber of the north.

BC being successful is good for Syracuse. Being the 2 northern most schools they will once again be our likely rival like it or not. Having both schools relevant is only positive for the ACC and the schools.

BC and Rutgers...two schools I dislike the most. Maybe after a few years in the ACC will change that.

really like our chances here. think once he visits in the next few weeks he'll be ours.

He seems to emotional and a bit unhinged to me. I saw him practically want to fight one of his assistants on the sideline who was trying to calm in down in their game against us a year or two ago.

BC being successful is good for Syracuse. Being the 2 northern most schools they will once again be our likely rival like it or not. Having both schools relevant is only positive for the ACC and the schools.
I for one am looking forward to hating BC again.

Zaire hard at work...
  1. Zaire@ZiggySmalls_9h
  2. @jasoncabinda Whenever you're ready to pull the trigger, the #CuseFamily will accept you with open arms bruh
  1. Zaire@ZiggySmalls_10h
    @jasoncabinda I see you RT Coach Lea, so I'm guessing you're gonna be a future Cuse LB, huh? Lol
He's referring to this tweet from Coach Lea..

Coach Lea@Coach_Lea13h
3 points of emphasis to future 'Cuse Linebackers... 1. Effort 2. Focus 3. Never show weakness This is where evaluation starts!

Cuse27m
2014 Hunterdon Central (NJ) OLB Jason Cabinda added a Syracuse offer today and says he's "beyond excited" about it

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1304878/#highlights/42031380
"B eyond excited but still no commit. I know all the stuff but when will we not be excited because a kid gets "excited" I believe "excited when they say "I'm going to play for Syracuse".Then I get excited and try not to wet myself in that excitement . Yes , I would rather read that the kid likes us rather than the more familiar "No way Jose"Even then its a hold your breath until LOI day.couchburn

"B eyond excited but still no commit. I know all the stuff but when will we not be excited because a kid gets "excited" I believe "excited when they say "I'm going to play for Syracuse".Then I get excited and try not to wet myself in that excitement . Yes , I would rather read that the kid likes us rather than the more familiar "No way Jose"Even then its a hold your breath until LOI day.couchburn

Cali, he hasn't visited yet...he'll be up 6/21. Maybe we should at least be patient until after he has seen the campus.

Us and BC are in some dog fights for some of the same kids on the recruiting trail. Same with Pitt to a little lesser extent. It feels like a lot more then prior years. Should only help the excitement once we start meeting again on a regular basis on the field.