Class of 2015 - OLB Neal Nelson (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Neal Nelson (NJ) Offered

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ttends_first_spring_practice_of_the_year.html

on March 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM, updated March 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Neal Nelson visited the Rutgers campus Tuesday from 9 a.m. ET to 2 p.m., accompanied by two cousins and an uncle. The 6-3, 215-pound Buena (N.J.) Regional junior was given a tour of the football facilities, campus and watched the first spring practice of the year.
"I like what I saw," said Nelson, who confirmed he's being recruited by Rutgers as a middle linebacker. "The atmosphere, the program, great coaches... It was very, very good."
Although Nelson did not receive an offer Tuesday, it appears one could be on the horizon as he continues to get his grades in order.
"They didn't offer me today," he said. "They said they will, but they are waiting until my grades are ready. Then they'll be good to go. And coach Flood was saying when they do offer me, how they don't offer just anyone, and when they offer someone, they want them to commit."
The intensity of Rutgers' practice stood out to Nelson.
"I liked how they practiced with a fast-tempo," he said. "No one was walking, and the atmosphere was loud and rowdy. It was just great."
Nelson will also visit the University of South Carolina Friday with his 7-on-7 team as well as junior day at Old Dominion on April 5.
He accumulated 51 tackles, 15 for loss and four sacks in 2013.

http://pittsburgh.sportswar.com/article/football/2014/05/04/pitt-offers-physical-lb-neal-nelson/

Pitt offers physical LB Neal Nelson
Harry Psaros, DreamBackfield, on May 4, 2014

The Pitt Panthers have placed a heavy emphasis on the recruitment of linebackers and defensive ends for the 2015 recruiting class. It appears that they have identified a tremendous prospect out of Sicklerville, NJ. “I transferred from Buena High School to Timer Creek. Pitt offered me a scholarship shortly after,” stated linebacker Neal Nelson (6-foot-2 inches, 225 pounds) from Timber Creek High School.
Nelson has received scholarship offers from Pitt, Central Florida, Temple and Old Dominion.
“I already knew about Pitt. I watched them play as a kid. I know they produce strong athlete,” said Nelson. “My initial cotanct has been with (Pitt recruiting coordinator) Dann Kabala. He’s been in contact with me for a while.”
He was officially offered a scholarship when Pitt defensive coordinator Matt House and offensive line coach Jim Hueber recently visited his school.
“There’s still more I would like to learn about Pitt. I’m looking forward to visiting them.”
Although Nelson has been a two-way standout, the Panthers are recruiting him at linebacker. “I prefer to play defense. I like linebacker. It’s really my forte,” he said. “I’m can come down hill strong. I’m a sideline to sideline player with speed. I have great football quickness and I’m a big hitter.”
“I have the athleticism to play outside or middle linebacker. When I choose a school, it will be up to the coaches to figure out where to put me.”
A number of schools, including Boston College, Arizona, Maryland and West Virginia, have expressed strong interest in his services.

Nelson has been in communication with Pitt class of 2014 wide receiver Adonis Jennings on a regular basis. “I talk with him every day. He’s told me how much he liked the school, the facilities and the city of Pittsburgh,” he said. “I’m going to visit Pitt on June 10th. He may come with me.”
Pitt was one of the first BCS schools to show confidence and offer Nelson a scholarship. He’s commented on the recent offer. “The Pitt offer means a lot. I work hard on and off season and it shows me that hard work pays off,” he said. “I have friends that are upset Pitt hasn’t offered them. It’s one of their dream schools. I feel blessed to have received the offer.”

Neal Nelson⚡‏@NealNelson2 54s
Offered by Louisville and Syracuse today! #Blessed#HFTCP

how come Toad didn't mention that Kelly will be up to Cuse this weekend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom