Class of 2015 - OLB Sawyer Dawson (FL) Verbals to Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Sawyer Dawson (FL) Verbals to Purdue

Saw and Shy: Your future SU starting outside linebackers!

I'm assuming there's 1 OLB spot open. Is it between Dawson and Pugh ? I see Pugh listed as a MLB but i'm not sure.

I'm assuming there's 1 OLB spot open. Is it between Dawson and Pugh ? I see Pugh listed as a MLB but i'm not sure.
Pugh is being recruited as a MLB from everything I have read so they'd take both Pugh and Dawson. I think they will take 2 or 3 more lb's total depending on how they view Blair and what happens with Kelly. Even though Blair and Kelly are both safeties right now it wouldn't surprise me if Blair ends up growing into an OLB. They could take 3 safeties seeing that Blair could eventually play either or and then only get 3 linebackers total or go with 4 linebackers and 2 safeties. Blair gives them lots of options.

Pugh is being recruited as a MLB from everything I have read so they'd take both Pugh and Dawson. I think they will take 2 or 3 more lb's total depending on how they view Blair and what happens with Kelly. Even though Blair and Kelly are both safeties right now it wouldn't surprise me if Blair ends up growing into an OLB. They could take 3 safeties seeing that Blair could eventually play either or and then only get 3 linebackers total or go with 4 linebackers and 2 safeties. Blair gives them lots of options.
FWIW, Blair plays OLB at his high school.

I think they take both, plus possibly 1 more.

Where is Fox in this whole picture?
Looks like he is also a legitimate wrestler as well?

Where is Fox in this whole picture?
Looks like he is also a legitimate wrestler as well?

38d81e79553c9460baca37d260c85c20.jpg

You mean like him?

Yes,...I wonder my self if we have a legitimate shot at Fox. The kid's a player, so I am assuming the staff is definitely consider the possibility.

Sawyer Dawson‏@sawyerdawson 17h
Just arrived at Purdue!!

Yesterday. Today is his visit.

Sawyer Dawson‏@sawyerdawson 17h
Just arrived at Purdue!!

Yesterday. Today is his visit.

He posted that 24 hours ago, hasn't posted a thing since. Perhaps he is paralyzed by the beauty of West Lafayette and all it has to offer. :)

oldpinepoint said:
Maybe they are in the "boiler" room

There's got to be pretty good odds on that actually being the name..

Yeah, they probably have a contest for the recruits. Whoever can get the most pencils to stick in the ceiling wins a scholarship.
Do they have pencils in West Lafayette? I thought they used a piece of coal to write with.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 20h
Heard from LB Sawyer Dawson this morning. Said he really enjoyed his Purdue visit. Expects to make a decision in the next few weeks.