Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Glad to see you and Shy are going to have him taking the SAT and ACT until he gets the grade he needs. That's fantastic commitment.

Updated the highlights yesterday. At this point the ones I pick are less for scouts to see and more for what I enjoy seeing when watching shy play. He had about 12 tackles with 4 tackles for loss Friday. Most of the highlights I chose this week were ones that made me laugh. The kids would be running full speed and he would step in front of them to make the tackle And just stop them dead in their tracks. He had a good 20 yard run where he broke a bunch of tackles but at this pint his team is just decimated. They only have one of their original starting lineman left and the oline was a problem when the starters were healthy. Down 2 recievers and corners. Most of the team around Nic and shy are jv kids. The other teams are just avoiding the linebackers are just killing lowell. Tough year to watch. Feel bad for shy and Nic their senior season isn't what it should have been. Like I said last week now it's all about getting prepped to play at cuse next year. Oh he did say he felt more comfortable in his sat yesterday and is already signed up to take it again and the act.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1187271/highlights/163594380

Sounds a lot like what has happened to SU this year.

On the bright side, the odds say that if it happens this year, it probably won't next, so here is hoping for a brighter future. And with talent like Shy, I'm sure SU will be in much better shape in the future.

Bitter sweet day today... Last Friday night lights for shy.(hopefully Ryan returns to football next year so it isn't the end... Plus JJ is doing well with his football catching for a 7 month old). It's been a long tough season to watch and part of me is glad it's over. The injury and missing most of 2 games was hard and It took a couple weeks for him to get back to full speed. I'd say the coaches moving him to full time running back has destroyed his chance for defensive player of the year for his third year. Along with mr football and Gatorade player of the year. I wish they had just left him at middle linebacker and let him do what he does. But nothing that can be done now and I knew the young qb and line would hurt this team. I asked shy last night if he was upset with this year and he said no he enjoyed playing with his friends and will enjoy tonite and again thanksgiving morning. I asked him if he was ready to start training to go to college and win the Butkus award and he said yeah that's a good goal for freshman year but he is gunning for the heisman. I will post highlights and summary for tonite tomorrow hopefully sophie has cheer regionals tomorrow and I will be booking flights to disney if they win again tomorrow.

Bitter sweet day today... Last Friday night lights for shy.(hopefully Ryan returns to football next year so it isn't the end... Plus JJ is doing well with his football catching for a 7 month old). It's been a long tough season to watch and part of me is glad it's over. The injury and missing most of 2 games was hard and It took a couple weeks for him to get back to full speed. I'd say the coaches moving him to full time running back has destroyed his chance for defensive player of the year for his third year. Along with mr football and Gatorade player of the year. I wish they had just left him at middle linebacker and let him do what he does. But nothing that can be done now and I knew the young qb and line would hurt this team. I asked shy last night if he was upset with this year and he said no he enjoyed playing with his friends and will enjoy tonite and again thanksgiving morning. I asked him if he was ready to start training to go to college and win the Butkus award and he said yeah that's a good goal for freshman year but he is gunning for the heisman. I will post highlights and summary for tonite tomorrow hopefully sophie has cheer regionals tomorrow and I will be booking flights to disney if they win again tomorrow.

Congrats to Shy on fighting through. Sometimes a rough season can be the thing that really builds grit and determination.

And goes without saying: Cannot wait to see Shy destroying some ACC QB's.

john brewer‏@bambrewer 5m5 minutes ago
Lowell first drive shy with 7 carries for 70 yards and the td

Way to go Shy.

john brewer‏@bambrewer 2m2 minutes ago
Next possession shy with a 60 yard run down to the 10

john brewer‏@bambrewer 34s34 seconds ago
oh he is hitting has 5 tackles on their 2 Nd defense stand

john brewer‏@bambrewer 2m2 minutes ago
3 Rd possession shy with A 20 yard run then a 10 yard run... A train whistle blew as he pushed the defense into the end zone for the td

Last edited:
I will have to wait till Monday to add the last game to the season highlights but if you click on the lawrence game it was Friday nights highlights. Shy had 205 yards and played both sides of the ball. He had 12 tackles and 2 sacks on defense. In his 205 yards he had 2 touch downs and scored the game winning 2 point conversion in over time. It was a pretty good game for shy.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1187271/highlights/204149879

shirt.JPG
shirt2.JPG

Shy doesnt know i had these made...lol...hopefully he gets 24

I knew what you meant I was saying no way to th being for him.

He has to wear his own I take it?

Kind of surprised you didn't hold out for the orange ones when they come around this summer. Those are going to be our best ones IMO.

He has to wear his own I take it?

Kind of surprised you didn't hold out for the orange ones when they come around this summer. Those are going to be our best ones IMO.
He can wear my wife's... I bought it in his size on purpose lol. I will probably get the Orange when it comes out... This was just the first customizable ones I saw advertised and I grabbed them

He can wear my wife's... I bought it in his size on purpose lol. I will probably get the Orange when it comes out... This was just the first customizable ones I saw advertised and I grabbed them
When will you show them off to Shy? I imagine it will excited the crap out of him

Hopefully Chandler Jones will be there and see it.
It would be nice since chandlor has been out for 5 weeks... But he didn't practice today again so I'm not holding my breath... Would have been nice to have him back for the lions this week

It would be nice since chandlor has been out for 5 weeks... But he didn't practice today again so I'm not holding my breath... Would have been nice to have him back for the lions this week

Bam, where did you get those from? Do you have a link?

Bambrewer said:
So last night Ziare Franklin and Shy spent about an hour texting about the teams future, the 2015 class coming in and just football in general... I'm hoping he will be hosting shy on the official.

Zaire's interview with Cuse.com this week was very impressive. Our LB corp will be in good hands with him, Shy, JThomas, etc.

Can't wait.