Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Never realized how big bullough is.
First time I met him was at a conference, I was there early so I went up and introduced myself and talked a little shop. He shook my hand and put his other hand on my shoulder, I felt like a 6 year old. My hand disappeared.

This guy was born and bred through football. His whole family has a football background and his entire life has been within it. I love listening to these guys at clinics. You can pick up so much information.

They have a way of describing things that's just effortless. I can only hope to understand as much about the game as some of them. And I'm not talking about basic stuff. We have a lot of knowledgeable posters around here, but I don't think people understand just how intelligent some of these guys are and how in depth their knowledge of the game is.

First time I met him was at a conference, I was there early so I went up and introduced myself and talked a little shop. He shook my hand and put his other hand on my shoulder, I felt like a 6 year old. My hand disappeared.

This guy was born and bred through football. His whole family has a football background and his entire life has been within it. I love listening to these guys at clinics. You can pick up so much information.

They have a way of describing things that's just effortless. I can only hope to understand as much about the game as some of them. And I'm not talking about basic stuff. We have a lot of knowledgeable posters around here, but I don't think people understand just how intelligent some of these guys are and how in depth their knowledge of the game is.
Fin, do you mind sharing what conference that was? Second question, now that I am trying to semi-retire (very hard for a workaholic), I was thinking about attending one of these coaching clinics to learn more. I have purchased and watched all of Shafer's tapes and would love to attend a seminar/conference to learn more. Obviously, makes it more enjoyable when you know a bit more of what you are watching.

Fin, do you mind sharing what conference that was? Second question, now that I am trying to semi-retire (very hard for a workaholic), I was thinking about attending one of these coaching clinics to learn more. I have purchased and watched all of Shafer's tapes and would love to attend a seminar/conference to learn more. Obviously, makes it more enjoyable when you know a bit more of what you are watching.
I suggest two of them Crusty ... PM me and I'll share the details.

I was pretty blown away by their knowledge. You watch the film and think you see stuff that makes a good player... But then talking to these guys last night you realize you know nothing. When they first got there we were talking about some of the kids in the area they should check out and some kids shy has played against they should look at. We started talking about how you know when a kid is different. They were talking about the summer camps and how seeing the way a kid stands and how he positions his feet standing or during warm ups watching a kid do the streches and how they move can decide who can play in the acc. It's crazy to think a kid standing there could be ruled out because his toes turn out.

That's why when the armchair coaches on an internet forum start professing their knowledge of the game, I turn off. Classic was the QB comments and posts from this year. As if anyone on this board has a more intimate knowledge of the players or the game to make a determination. Once Hunt was hurt - we were not an ACC team. AJ, Wilson, Kimble, Edouard, Dungey all may become good ACC QB's. It takes some time but next year I know I will read how one of them should be starting over the other, and that Shafer/Lester have no clue...LOL

On a side note so glad Shy is on board. Love it when we get the guys who feel they have a lot to prove -warranted or not.

B39W8GXCMAEZfl4.jpg:large

Amazed they have these in Lowell, MA. I thought they were unique to my part of the world. As CuseLegacy and Kelly029x can attest, whoopie pies are everywhere down here.

Next Friday coach Lea and Bullough coming to the house
Full court press! NIce to see our coaches keeping things together.

I sat in on a recruiting visit this morning and it brought back memories.

I know you're enjoying the process Bam, it's alot of fun.

Full court press! NIce to see our coaches keeping things together.

I sat in on a recruiting visit this morning and it brought back memories.

I know you're enjoying the process Bam, it's alot of fun.
Speaking of memories I just wanted to relay a funny personal recruiting story back when I played. This was back in 1995 and I was on a recruiting trip to Colgate. It was a cold and rainy November day. I was with my Mom, and we drove down from Marcellus to Hamilton for a day trip. My Mom and I decided to have lunch before the admissions interview at the Colgate Inn. Well I had some French onion soup and a huge burger and fries. We then trek up through the cold and rain to the football office. We see the stadium and the facilities and then it's time for the admissions Q&A. Well we head into this very nice room with two very plush and comfy couches in front of a roaring fire. Well it was about 5 minutes before I'm cutting a log and snoring away on my Mom's shoulder. If only that admissions guy didn't have that monotone. I might have made it. Long story short I didn't go to Colgate, as I was only 6'1", 250 and they were looking for 6'3, 280. But that is my memory from recruiting. My mom and I still laugh our asses off at that.

I love this flying with Internet. Reading and posting here facebook Twitter to see what everyone's doing listening to music while watching tv. I even talked one of my daughters into FaceTimeing me so I can see shy get his awards and letterman jacket!

I love this flying with Internet. Reading and posting here facebook Twitter to see what everyone's doing listening to music while watching tv. I even talked one of my daughters into FaceTimeing me so I can see shy get his awards and letterman jacket!

Well make sure she gets pics for you to share with us. :)