Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Got some good news last night. Shy's last sat scores came in. I wont be posting the score per my syracuse fan advisor (cl) but I did want to mention to anyone that did see the temporary post about his last score...thats his ncaa score you saw not his actual sat score. they dont include a third of his score in his ncaa score. But any way he jumped up 120 points on hic ncaa score and yesterday the calculated his first quarter gpa in and brought that up 3 10ths. staff says if he continues with just repeating his 1st quarter performance the rest of the way his sat score as it stands will have him eligible and on campus in june. He plans to continue improving on his first quarter grade and make high honors the rest of the way. The change in his academics since this time last year is astounding to say the least...from squeaking by to a couple points from honor roll has us so proud of him. I cant explain how happy i am we got the additional testing done. We have switched his meds a couple times to keep his appetite where it is and have his focus on point and I think where we are right now is perfect. He is eating, sleeping, gaining weight and performing well in school. His attitude is positive and things couldnt be better. He will be taking the sat and the act every chance they come up but at least now we have a number that can put him on campus on time. Fortunately for him the only good part of being here in mass is that the academics require him to complete the core 16 courses to graduate so that isnt an issue.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

That is awesome Bam!! We look forward to meeting Shy and watching him play! Special young man from everything you have shared :)

Attachments

• passion_football.png
    passion_football.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 101
That is awesome Bam!! We look forward to meeting Shy and watching him play! Special young man from everything you have shared :)
We are excited to meet you guys also. cant wait to tail gate before the games...How many of the home games do you think you will hit?

So coach Lea just left. He hung out at Shy's school most of the day and then came over to the house. He had talked to Shys guidance counsilor and was excited when she told him about the grAdes. He is a great guy. Got that down south thing to him. It was funny we were talking about him walking around biston this morning before coming to lowell. He was ssYing how weird it is to say hi to some one and they just don't even look at you... Lol that's Boston for you. Wasn't really an X's and O's visit but it was more of a get to know shy and his past story kinda thing... And you know how I hate to talk about shy. I think we made him miss his flight though... Oops

So coach Lea just left. He hung out at Shy's school most of the day and then came over to the house. He had talked to Shys guidance counsilor and was excited when she told him about the grAdes. He is a great guy. Got that down south thing to him. It was funny we were talking about him walking around biston this morning before coming to lowell. He was ssYing how weird it is to say hi to some one and they just don't even look at you... Lol that's Boston for you. Wasn't really an X's and O's visit but it was more of a get to know shy and his past story kinda thing... And you know how I hate to talk about shy. I think we made him miss his flight though... Oops
Bam how's the staff supposed to fill out the recruiting class if you keep people from making their flights?

I know Shy can be a leader on the field, I hope that he becomes a leader off the field as well (I bet he's very capable).

Players like Cam Lynch can never just be defined by the number of tackles and sacks they bring to the team. Love players that lead by example on the field, in the weight room, in class and in the community. Hope these recruits come in with a lot of pride in their program.

Psyched to see Shy suit up in Orange. Please keep posting Bam - enjoy all the insight and everything you have shared. Want to see the views on this thread go over 100k!

Psyched to see Shy suit up in Orange. Please keep posting Bam - enjoy all the insight and everything you have shared. Want to see the views on this thread go over 100k!
Lol it's funny you say that a few weeks ago I accidently clicked on the views button and noticed he is right behind kj... Needless to say we can't be finishing up behind kj

Lol it's funny you say that a few weeks ago I accidently clicked on the views button and noticed he is right behind kj... Needless to say we can't be finishing up behind kj

It'll happen. I'm likely ~500 of those views and will continue to view until he is suited up as an SU player rather than a commit/recruit... at which point we'll start a new "greatest hits" thread.