Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Already left... Place was like a weird social experiment gone bad... I will have to let shy know about that place

Edit... I asked one of them what was going on... Apperantly it is sorority recruitment day that would explain it
That Starbucks is always ridiculously busy. Always ended up at the Dunkin Donuts on the other end of Marshall St because it was empty and not overpriced.

Couple min break here just got done with an awesome breakfast buffet and then academics meetings. Sat down with coach Shafer for 30 min talking in his office said his staff tells him shy will make eligiblity if he stays where he is. He will be able to sign his nli on signing day.. So that was awesome news there. Heading back for a lunch catered by dinosaur before the game. GO ORANGE BEAT MIAMI !

Couple min break here just got done with an awesome breakfast buffet and then academics meetings. Sat down with coach Shafer for 30 min talking in his office said his staff tells him shy will make eligiblity if he stays where he is. He will be able to sign his nli on signing day.. So that was awesome news there. Heading back for a lunch catered by dinosaur before the game. GO ORANGE BEAT MIAMI !
Is this yours and Shy's first Dino experience?

I was going to say, "buckle up" but that's counterproductive when eating all that BBQ. Unbuckle is the better way to prepare.

I know that's what you expected, but that has to be a humongous relief. Congrats Bam, tell Shy we are all proud of how hard he's worked to make it a reality.

Btw what section do they have you guys in for the hoops game tonight? Hopefully near the student section, nothing more fun than being in the student section for a game.

I know that's what you expected, but that has to be a humongous relief. Congrats Bam, tell Shy we are all proud of how hard he's worked to make it a reality.

Btw what section do they have you guys in for the hoops game tonight? Hopefully near the student section, nothing more fun than being in the student section for a game.
When we went, the parents sat in the section up from the students. The recruits and their hosts sat in the student section :)
Trey was impressed that the students stood the entire game!

B8I3y1eCYAAln_3.jpg:large

When we went, the parents sat in the section up from the students. The recruits and their hosts sat in the student section :)
Trey was impressed that the students stood the entire game!

Students don't sit at football or basketball games. its an expectation.

303 for parents 103 for kids

So yesterday was an interesting day for me. Not so much from a being in syracuse point but from an online point. My phone died last night so I didn't get on line after the game. But when I got back to the room and charged my phone I was first barraged with messeges in Twitter about me tweeting steven Clark... Most of them saying I shouldn't be tweeting a 17 year old. Then I came on here to catch up on what was posted here while I was disconnected and found messages and posts about parents not belonging here and stay off posts I don't belong in plus a few more don't tweet 17 year olds.

I went to bed pretty mad to think about this stuff. I woke up this morning and have written this in my head 100 times tryin not to sound like an ass but still get my point across.

First I will start with the Twitter. I tweeted steven yeaterday after one of the gator guys tweeted him saying the usual come on gator nation show him we want him to flip ... Steven retweeted it. Seeing Steven retweet it gave me the feeling he want tbis attention. So I tweeted some thing along the same lines. I tweet Steven and his dad all the time along with a bunch of other recruitsy sons team mates etc. for those of you bashing this i would say you know nothing of Twitter or this generation of kids. My son doesn't post much on Twitter as he doesn't like the massive feed back on day to day stuff he does post big things when he wants a response and undestands the negativeY come with it. Robert washington Bo peek Steven and all the rest post there and when its stuff like come on gator nation show him love it's because they want to see the fans show them they want them.

So for the don't tweet a 17 year old crowd... Get a clue or shut your mouth.
Sorry if that seems harsh

Next was the don't post here folks. I am fully aware of what I may read here ... Hell I have a few other school sites I stopped posting at early on becUse of the crap they wrote about my son. I am a big boy I c an handle it and if I don't want to read it I will stay away.

I don't need to post here I can come here and read all I want about the school and team and never share anythjng with any one. I can get what I ckme here for in private message. I come here and post for you guys so you can see the true story of what you spend all day guessing at and hoping people in the know can get you. I will tell you I have pmed stuff to people and had it be breaking news 20 mins later on all the sites. I spend a lot of time speaking with this staff when here and when at home thru visits and texts. I have shared 80 percent of what I have experienced on here probably another 10 percent in private and another 10 I haven't shared at all. I found things out yesterday about stuff that would make people's head explode on here and unfortunately I won't be sharing that stuff as I was asked to not.

I came here for info I am now a fan of Syracuse but more than that I have made a lot of friends. I can feel the tension thru what happens here when I post on things some people say. I can see the people in the know stop posting when I contraditct what they say. I notice when a thread dies for days after I post because people are trying not to bash me because I am a parent of a recruit and they don't want the board to turn on them.

I guess I will finish up by saying the arm chair coaches on here can say what they want post what you want. For the most part you have zero clue. I am going to get a coffee and when I get back I will post how last night went if you want to read it feel free if you think I shouldn't post here I am sure you can go read some interesting thought on brady being the worst QB ever on the football page. Again to the people I am friends with and the folks that enjoy this insite I am sorry to blow up a thread with this but a few of yall pissed me off

So yesterday was an interesting day for me. Not so much from a being in syracuse point but from an online point. My phone died last night so I didn't get on line after the game. But when I got back to the room and charged my phone I was first barraged with messeges in Twitter about me tweeting steven Clark... Most of them saying I shouldn't be tweeting a 17 year old. Then I came on here to catch up on what was posted here while I was disconnected and found messages and posts about parents not belonging here and stay off posts I don't belong in plus a few more don't tweet 17 year olds.

I went to bed pretty mad to think about this stuff. I woke up this morning and have written this in my head 100 times tryin not to sound like an ass but still get my point across.

First I will start with the Twitter. I tweeted steven yeaterday after one of the gator guys tweeted him saying the usual come on gator nation show him we want him to flip ... Steven retweeted it. Seeing Steven retweet it gave me the feeling he want tbis attention. So I tweeted some thing along the same lines. I tweet Steven and his dad all the time along with a bunch of other recruitsy sons team mates etc. for those of you bashing this i would say you know nothing of Twitter or this generation of kids. My son doesn't post much on Twitter as he doesn't like the massive feed back on day to day stuff he does post big things when he wants a response and undestands the negativeY come with it. Robert washington Bo peek Steven and all the rest post there and when its stuff like come on gator nation show him love it's because they want to see the fans show them they want them.

So for the don't tweet a 17 year old crowd... Get a clue or shut your mouth.
Sorry if that seems harsh

Next was the don't post here folks. I am fully aware of what I may read here ... Hell I have a few other school sites I stopped posting at early on becUse of the crap they wrote about my son. I am a big boy I c an handle it and if I don't want to read it I will stay away.

I don't need to post here I can come here and read all I want about the school and team and never share anythjng with any one. I can get what I ckme here for in private message. I come here and post for you guys so you can see the true story of what you spend all day guessing at and hoping people in the know can get you. I will tell you I have pmed stuff to people and had it be breaking news 20 mins later on all the sites. I spend a lot of time speaking with this staff when here and when at home thru visits and texts. I have shared 80 percent of what I have experienced on here probably another 10 percent in private and another 10 I haven't shared at all. I found things out yesterday about stuff that would make people's head explode on here and unfortunately I won't be sharing that stuff as I was asked to not.

I came here for info I am now a fan of Syracuse but more than that I have made a lot of friends. I can feel the tension thru what happens here when I post on things some people say. I can see the people in the know stop posting when I contraditct what they say. I notice when a thread dies for days after I post because people are trying not to bash me because I am a parent of a recruit and they don't want the board to turn on them.

I guess I will finish up by saying the arm chair coaches on here can say what they want post what you want. For the most part you have zero clue. I am going to get a coffee and when I get back I will post how last night went if you want to read it feel free if you think I shouldn't post here I am sure you can go read some interesting thought on brady being the worst QB ever on the football page. Again to the people I am friends with and the folks that enjoy this insite I am sorry to blow up a thread with this but a few of yall pissed me off

I don't get too involved with the recruiting stuff. Frankly dont have the time to get all hyped about a kid who hasnt done a thing yet at the collegiate level. That being said, I do appreciate the pics and "inside info" that the parents of potential recruits do provide, when i have time to scan a recruit thread real quick.

That being said, the criticism is going to come with the territory. Its a public forum, and comes with the territory. I'd say to you, its not that serious, and it shouldnt be bothering you to the point of thinking about it and writing a long post about it. Looking forward to last nights recap.

Bam,

I am glad y'all are enjoying your trip. It is awesome to get the news about Shy and your family putting in the work and getting the academics in order. Parenting is all about taking your babies and helping develop them, as a team, into the best them they can be. Our children are our legacy.

As far as tweeting at kids, I don't think that is so much geared towards families of recruits as y'all are a community going through the same process. You are traveling the same road and those connections are important. Other families and other recruits are resources that can be utilized when helping make those decisions that will help y'alls legacies grow into those young men and women that you see as a adult are capable of becoming. I think the ire is more towards random fans who have no connection or any stake outside of fandom. I can see why you would want to make those connections as families and young men like Mr. Clark, as him and his family seem to be outstanding people, would make great contributions and strong relationships, possibly life long, with your son.

Bam we love your insight... You and shy were/are 100 % cuse and most thought the Clark's were too. I think they were trying to say if there is any chance son flips school you shouldn't post on their message board. We don't have those issues with you and Kelly... We really love your insight so keep posting.

Bam, Keep posting. I agree, I as well use twitter in the same fashion. I never bash these kids but I do post encouragement about coming to SU. As for this board I look forward to what you and the other parents post. I have two kids currently going to SU but I pay there way and never had the experience of the recruiting side. Your posts bring great insight and I look forward to any recruiting news I can get. I am not an insider and have to get my info from here. I have never bashed a poster for any insight that they have given, even if I disagree or if what they have said turned out to not come true; at least that I can remember. At the end of the day I will always bleed orange no matter what people say or how poorly we play. I have said this before, but thanks again for all your insight that you have shared. I hope you all had a great weekend and a safe trip back to Lowell.

Fwiw, you seem like a really good guy Bam and I appreciate reading your posts about the process very much. Imo, there are plenty of others here that should think alot more before they decide to post and you're not one of them.