Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Foregone conclusion. Shy looks so good in Orange it could not have gone any other way.
Congrats Shy and Bam and welcome to the family. Looking forward to seeing you at a tailgate or two in the next few years

Really happy to see this all come together. A coaching staff can do a lot with a kid who is freak athlete, a hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders. I would say the absolute floor is 4 year impact player on specials (and even that is great), but with the type of worker he is and the drive he has, I EXPECT 3-4 year starter ;).

Your son is a class act and a lot of other kids out there could take lessons from him. Fantastic news and congratulations!

Congrat to Shy and Bam!!!!!

Just watched Shy's tape again. All I keep thinking about after watching that tape is Hogue and the boys making Savage cry.

-27bdbfd821db8b29.jpg

It was an incredible day... But I will give you this... He killed it at camp they took him aside as soon as the testing was over he only did one drill

Hmmmmm... If only someone had saw that coming

Shy says he feels like 1000 lb weight has been lifted off his chest... Now he has a 1000 lb chip on his shoulder and can't wait to play all the teams who didn't take a chance and show they feel like he could so it. I can't wait to hear the dome the first time he destroys a quarter back!

Shy says he feels like 1000 lb weight has been lifted off his chest... Now he has a 1000 lb chip on his shoulder and can't wait to play all the teams who didn't take a chance and show they feel like he could so it. I can't wait to hear the dome the first time he destroys a quarter back!
Shy is gonna be a fan favorite... Calling it right now!

And even more important, he's gonna get a great education and be to tutored by a staff that really values him as a person!

Shy is gonna be a fan favorite... Calling it right now!

And even more important, he's gonna get a great education and be to tutored by a staff that really values him as a person!

Shy won't even have to try and become a fan favorite. By being around the board, Bam has already turned all of us into fans, and when those of us lucky enough to go to games can go to games, we will go nuts every time Shy makes a play, and that enthusiasm will transfer to the rest of the crowd without a problem.

Not hardnosed, but when I see Shy's name, all I can think about is this hehehe.

I am also uncomfortable posting on threads with family ties. So I haven't really commented but today I will and I would like to say that Im happy for Shy and Bam. Hope it all works out. Keep Grindin and he will do well on the hill. Welcome to Cuse!!!!

What a great freaking thread! It has it all

Congrats Shy and welcome to the Orange family!

Happy to be wrong about my prediction that Shy would be a hurricane. I can't wait to see him in Orange, welcome to the Cuse family Shy.

I just watched his video-it actually reminded me of Malcolm Cater (on the field)-A fierce tackler

Hey Bam, I'm curious. Syracuse hasn't really recruited Mass much in the last few years and we don't currently have staff with ties to Mass (at least known ties) so how did they discover, or how did they come to know and start recruiting Shy?

Tremendous thread!

I love this kid. I love the family. I even love all the pets!

Welcome to the Cuse !!! Can't wait to see Shy wrecking shop in the Dome!

Bam and Shy, it's been a pleasure following your journey through the process.

Bam - that BOOM! And your contributions to this board have been completely unnatural, insightful and more fun than I've experienced in a recruit threAd since...EVER!

Shy - it was always meant to be! Keep working hard in the classroom, weight room and on the field, in that order. We couldn't be happier that you're Orange. I cannot wait to be sitting second row when you mash the QB!

Well we are checking out of the hotel in a while finding a place for breakfast and hitting a store so shy can buy some syracuse gear... I'm still crushed about this while nike uniform thing. May swing by the school for a couple quick pictures I meant to take yesterday and then it's time for the ride home. Thanks everyone for the kind words again. I can't wait to tell you the story of yesterday and the days leading up to it but I'm afraid my iPhone will die doing it so I will wait till work Monday and my computer

Thanks again

Well we are checking out of the hotel in a while finding a place for breakfast and hitting a store so shy can buy some syracuse gear... I'm still crushed about this while nike uniform thing. May swing by the school for a couple quick pictures I meant to take yesterday and then it's time for the ride home. Thanks everyone for the kind words again. I can't wait to tell you the story of yesterday and the days leading up to it but I'm afraid my iPhone will die doing it so I will wait till work Monday and my computer

Thanks again

Smart man. Safe travels and we will berate the crap out of you tomorrow for every little detail. :cool:

Thanks again

Nooooooooooooooooo, I can't wait that long.

Well, on the bright side, I'll have something important to do at work tomorrow...