Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Bam - make sure to give our congrats to Shy on the third star! Glad they are starting to notice his play!
He said thanks he still has a chip on his shoulder and in fine with that. We are more happy for syracuse. He has the offer he wants and needs. The stars are great but I'd rather see them unrate him and when he blows up in college say how did I miss this kid?

BuWSapsIIAAjXuT.jpg:large

Shys morning workout today they maxed out their lifts... Most were close to normal but big gain in squats up to 495 and 325 in bench... Must be doing something right
Seeing as I only weigh 140lbs lifting 495lbs is just otherworldly to me. :crazy:

You hear upperclassmen comment on how a lot of the freshman show up "sloppy" and need to learn how to get after it in the weight room. I can't wait to hear what their reaction is to Shy as a stark contrast to that. This young gent seems to get it already.

Also can't wait to see some senior highlights.

You hear upperclassmen comment on how a lot of the freshman show up "sloppy" and need to learn how to get after it in the weight room. I can't wait to hear what their reaction is to Shy as a stark contrast to that. This young gent seems to get it already.

Also can't wait to see some senior highlights.
He is going to kill it this season! His senior highlights will look like car crashes! Last night at the gym he was saying how he can't wait to get to college and go through the strength and conditioning of a college program. The thing that I have always stressed to shy is the importance of the gym plus the stretching and speed work. He is huge but maintains his flexibility speed and has lower risk of injury. He stretches every night before bed and every morning when he gets up. He doesn't worry about just size and weight numbers he wants the whole package. So many people around lowell have said to him and me stop making him big he will lose his speed... It doesn't work that way. You need the leg size and strength to get the speed.

Whoa. Much respect, that takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

He is going to kill it this season! His senior highlights will look like car crashes! Last night at the gym he was saying how he can't wait to get to college and go through the strength and conditioning of a college program. The thing that I have always stressed to shy is the importance of the gym plus the stretching and speed work. He is huge but maintains his flexibility speed and has lower risk of injury. He stretches every night before bed and every morning when he gets up. He doesn't worry about just size and weight numbers he wants the whole package. So many people around lowell have said to him and me stop making him big he will lose his speed... It doesn't work that way. You need the leg size and strength to get the speed.

He's blessed to have a father that "gets it" as well. Very well done Bam.

Hey Bam, have you ever had Shy try some hot yoga? Great for stretching! The views aren't bad either

Hey Bam, have you ever had Shy try some hot yoga? Great for stretching! The views aren't bad either
He wanted to try it this summer... But the kids schedule is crazy. Maybe some day lol

How are his squats/deadlifts?