Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Poor kid if it's crazy now wait until the season and school work.
It may actually get easier. Right now he has team lifting 3 mornings then goes to work with the police till 3 then goes to velocity or New England strength depending on the day then park workouts and gym at night with me.

It may actually get easier. Right now he has team lifting 3 mornings then goes to work with the police till 3 then goes to velocity or New England strength depending on the day then park workouts and gym at night with me.

Wow. that is quite a schedule. What kind of course load does he have senior year.

Wow. that is quite a schedule. What kind of course load does he have senior year.
Well in mass the kids have a required schedule of the core courses. The other night at the park his guidance counselor saw us and pulled over came running over to tell him that she spoke to the people on HCSS staff and they are redoing all his classes next week. The counselor had set him up in honors courses to try and improve his GPA with modifiers... But the ncaa doesn't recognize modifiers so they are changing his classes to easier load friendlier teacher classes. So essentially if he gets a's and B's in his upcoming classes he will be eligible. The only tough one will be his language... But it's his second time taking it so I think it will be easier.

That is great that he was speaking it to you. It helps to "think" in the language. LOL maybe you should do that car commercial when you drive over for FSU... where the two guys drive for hours with nothing to listen to but Spanish language cds.

Squating 490 dead lifting 480... Dead lifting isn't a max though just what he does for 8... I don't think we have ever done a max dead lift

Bam, how is his weight? His body fat ratio is off the charts. It's awesome to see such a young athlete with that much dedication.

210 as of last night his eating has been off but a recent med change will hopefully fix that... I expect next year heading to college 220 shouldn't be a problem in the same shape

Has he been following the team's practices up at Ft. Drum? That seems to me to be something that he'd be interested in participating in.

Lowell High Football‏@_Football_LHS Aug 14
Sept 5th Season opener @ HOME against the Westford Academy Ghost @ 7 pm BE THERE *Please Show some support and everyone RT this* #JUICE

Been kinda slow in here lately so i figured i would give you an up date. Shy met with his guidance counselor and they called the syracuse staff. They put together a schedule best have shy graduate as eligible. Yesterday was the start of practice they have 3 this week and then leave for camp till Sunday. Camp is a brutal conditioning schedule with 4 a days for 10 hours on field a day. Then scrimmages against the other 20+teams on the island at the same time. School starts Tuesday and they have 3 scrimmages against neighboring towns in the same week. The the season starts. Last night I went and watched the practice and they are going run heavy this year probably 60% most games. This will have shy on the field some where close to 80 percent of the snaps playing both ways. They will be running some bubbles and wheel routes. The defense looks like it will be heavy blitzing up the middle for shy again. Shy was named to the preseason boston herald all stars and espn preseason all state for lb. the team is ranked 7 th in the state right now and is mostly due to the line backers. The offense is just about all new for the season. We will be coming to syracuse for the Florida state game. When I get some video or anything else I will pass it on

Been kinda slow in here lately so i figured i would give you an up date. Shy met with his guidance counselor and they called the syracuse staff. They put together a schedule best have shy graduate as eligible. Yesterday was the start of practice they have 3 this week and then leave for camp till Sunday. Camp is a brutal conditioning schedule with 4 a days for 10 hours on field a day. Then scrimmages against the other 20+teams on the island at the same time. School starts Tuesday and they have 3 scrimmages against neighboring towns in the same week. The the season starts. Last night I went and watched the practice and they are going run heavy this year probably 60% most games. This will have shy on the field some where close to 80 percent of the snaps playing both ways. They will be running some bubbles and wheel routes. The defense looks like it will be heavy blitzing up the middle for shy again. Shy was named to the preseason boston herald all stars and espn preseason all state for lb. the team is ranked 7 th in the state right now and is mostly due to the line backers. The offense is just about all new for the season. We will be coming to syracuse for the Florida state game. When I get some video or anything else I will pass it on

Hey Bam, the young man who you train with Shy, where is he going next year? Any developments?

Hey Bam, the young man who you train with Shy, where is he going next year? Any developments?
Ugh... Sore subject there. Duke was all over him and last week they called and said they filled their spot for him but would take him as a walk on. They had really pushed him as being offered a scholarship up to that. Right now he has an offer from a aa school and that's all. I am hoping he will get somthing good when the season starts we have done a lot to improve his flexibility and he is going to change his play to show more passion. We will see. I told him to send a letter thanking the syracuse staff for the camp and he said it was the best camp he went to. He is going to send some highlight videos to the staff as the year goes.

Ugh... Sore subject there. Duke was all over him and last week they called and said they filled their spot for him but would take him as a walk on. They had really pushed him as being offered a scholarship up to that. Right now he has an offer from a aa school and that's all. I am hoping he will get somthing good when the season starts we have done a lot to improve his flexibility and he is going to change his play to show more passion. We will see. I told him to send a letter thanking the syracuse staff for the camp and he said it was the best camp he went to. He is going to send some highlight videos to the staff as the year goes.

sorry to hear that. Kinda hope he ends up at Cuse though... Sounds like a great young man!

sorry to hear that. Kinda hope he ends up at Cuse though... Sounds like a great young man!
Yeah he deserves a d1 school. I've sat and watched film with him and he understands he is a great tackler technically but he just doesn't have that killer mentality. I think this year will look much better and hopefully it works out

That makes it official, Duke is douchey in every sport!

Don't most states now have limits on the numbers of practices or hours on the field per day? I've never heard of 4 a days and 10 total hrs a day. That is brutal.
Agreed, that is absolutely insane. The kids have to be in insane shape and I'd bet even a kid like Shy (and let's be honest very very few kids are in shape like Shy) goes home absolutely dead.

Yes it is brutal and most schools at the camp run 3 a days... I think one is listed as play book walk thru... But it's conditioning . Oh they do come home dead. This year my big concern is 3 scrimmages in one week starting 2 days after they get home. But the miaa restricts when they start practicing to this past Monday and games start in another week and a half so the schools have to cram it all in