Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Definitely going to stop reading this board when shy gets to school. Jeez these people are brutal. I understand they were planning on a big win there but you got the win. I have read people calling for every position every coaches head. The qb got emotional and threw a punch big deal a couple years ago it wouldn't even be a penalty... I read like 10 + people say they don't want to see the kid ever again. It was a slow start almost every team I watched this week was slow... Get a grip people give em a break

fwiw this isn't just a Syracuse thing. This happens at EVERY single big time program in the nation, and if it doesn't all that means is nobody cares about the program. It's sad, but it's true. I actually think we are pretty tame compared to most schools. How many titles have Bama won, but still their kicker got countless death threats for missing a 56 yards FG. Or how about the Arkansas qb, who's car was set on fire not once, but twice. It's the nature of the beast, but don't think for a second this only happens at Syracuse because it's every school, every fan base. I'd be more worried if there wasn't a reaction.

I definitely would recommend you stop reading the board once Shy is at SU. People will say things on a message board they would never say in public, much less to the face of the people they are tearing apart. Your sanity will require you to step back.

But please, always remember that there are people here who are decent, and want to see Shy succeed, not only at SU, but beyond. Always remember, once an SU player, he will always have a lot of people supporting him.
I can handle the criticism hell I'm probably his biggest critic. I don't let that stuff get to me and I do get this happens on very board for every sport for every team. I just found it funny that a first game of the season after a pretty decent year would have so many people calling for coaches heads. Requesting players never play again. If it was against a big rival like Rutgers ok... A game to get in the playoffs ok... Even if it was an on going problem ok. But first game of the year some grumbling sure some hope they turn it around sure. But jeez Man U got the win with the back up qb in for half the game. Now they have some film of themselves in game situations and can show the team this is what you did and this is what we want you to do. Some plays they thought would work will be thrown out and some plays will be added. Plus you have to figure in a game like this they might not take the other team as serious. Give it a game or two then we can request heads. Lol

Fridays game was not one that would impress a potential recruit with the exception of immediate playing time.

Definitely going to stop reading this board when shy gets to school.
Just stopped in this thread specifically to mention that the other board contains Exhibit A on why that's a great idea. Exhibits B, C, D... would be, almost without exception, any players relatives who continued to read and post while their loved one was playing at SU (anyone who's been around a while can come up with some examples). I'll miss your perspective next year, but it's for the best.

Also, keep in mind that many of the people calling for heads today will be screaming to lock those same coaches up with raises/extensions after we have a good game or two later in the season.

Bambrewer said:
I can handle the criticism hell I'm probably his biggest critic. I don't let that stuff get to me and I do get this happens on very board for every sport for every team. I just found it funny that a first game of the season after a pretty decent year would have so many people calling for coaches heads. Requesting players never play again. If it was against a big rival like Rutgers ok... A game to get in the playoffs ok... Even if it was an on going problem ok. But first game of the year some grumbling sure some hope they turn it around sure. But jeez Man U got the win with the back up qb in for half the game. Now they have some film of themselves in game situations and can show the team this is what you did and this is what we want you to do. Some plays they thought would work will be thrown out and some plays will be added. Plus you have to figure in a game like this they might not take the other team as serious. Give it a game or two then we can request heads. Lol

I sometimes institute a 3 day personal ban from the forum. I can't take the overreactions from fans who only post after a loss. It's always over the top.

Big wins? Whole different crate of oranges.

I sometimes institute a 3 day personal ban from the forum. I can't take the overreactions from fans who only post after a loss. It's always over the top.

Big wins? Whole different crate of oranges.
Yep, haven't even glanced at the football board since the game. As soon as Hunt got thrown out I knew it would be a dumpster fire.

Yep, haven't even glanced at the football board since the game. As soon as Hunt got thrown out I knew it would be a dumpster fire.
You are smart, it's beyond a dumpster fire

Highly, highly, highly recommend to never read a game thread on the Football board. Even when we're playing well or playing as we should you've got the clowns who have to comment on every single play as if we're sitting in their living room with them.

I can handle the criticism hell 'm probably his biggest critic. I don't let that stuff get to me and I do get this happens on very board for every sport for every team. I just found it funny that a first game of the season after a pretty decent year would have so many people calling for coaches heads. Requesting players never play again. If it was against a big rival like Rutgers ok... A game to get in the playoffs ok... Even if it was an on going problem ok. But first game of the year some grumbling sure some hope they turn it around sure. But jeez Man U got the win with the back up qb in for half the game. Now they have some film of themselves in game situations and can show the team this is what you did and this is what we want you to do. Some plays they thought would work will be thrown out and some plays will be added. Plus you have to figure in a game like this they might not take the other team as serious. Give it a game or two then we can request heads. Lol

I think you'll notice a fair amount of posters stay away for a few days after a disappointing game and will now start trickling back in. I'd also venture to guess a lot of the loudest critics have never played the game at a serious level thus assume some things are much easier than what they are. Nova wanted that game badly and we got the W which is really what matters. If we come out and smack CMU in 2 weeks it will be funny seeing the same posters on the opposite extreme. Sports fans are a bit manic in the regard.

Fun fact though, I actually thought about Shy at the game Friday when their qb repeatedly escaped the pocket. If he wouldve gotten lit up once or twice the game changes because that momentary hesitation kicks in. Then I thought "you know, we have an incoming LB recruit that will solve that problem in a hurry".

Last edited:
BwxEauWIEAAs6ve.jpg:large

What is Shy and Sterling the only recruits that play Friday nights?

What is Shy and Sterling the only recruits that play Friday nights?

Champagnat..Bubba Robinson plays at 4:00 today. I'm checking on the others to see if there are ways to follow. Will any live updates be available for Shys' game... besides you tweeting them out.

I think you'll notice a fair amount of posters stay away for a few days after a disappointing game and will now start trickling back in. I'd also venture to guess a lot of the loudest critics have never played the game at a serious level thus assume some things are much easier than what they are. Nova wanted that game badly and we got the W which is really what matters. If we come out and smack CMU in 2 weeks it will be funny seeing the same posters on the opposite extreme. Sports fans are a bit manic in the regard.

Fun fact though, I actually thought about Shy at the game Friday when their qb repeatedly escaped the pocket. If he wouldve gotten lit up once or twice the game changes because that momentary hesitation kicks in. Then I thought "you know, we have an incoming LB recruit that will solve that problem in a hurry".
Can't echo this post enough... After tough games like the 'Nova game, I tend to take a hiatus until Wednesday to avoid all the chaos. I myself had moments in the past where I joined in and learned from it that it really does nobody any good to get on and bash the team. Constructive criticism is appreciated, however, the venom spurted about in the immediate aftermath is just not worth delving into.

The best part of all this backlash is that SU actually won the damn game. The same can't be said for some others in recent years (P5 only v. FCS):
- 2013 - Florida, Iowa St, Kansas St, Oregon St
- 2012 - Colorado, Pitt
- 2011 - Duke, Minnesota
- 2010 - Kansas, Ole Miss, VaTech
- 2009 - Virginia
- 2007 - Michigan

Btw.. just looked this up and North Dakota St is the FBS killer lately. They've beaten: Kansas in 2010, Minn in 2011, ColoSt in 2012, KSt in 2013, and Kansas in 2014.

The best part of all this backlash is that SU actually won the damn game. The same can't be said for some others in recent years (P5 only v. FCS):
- 2013 - Florida, Iowa St, Kansas St, Oregon St
- 2012 - Colorado, Pitt
- 2011 - Duke, Minnesota
- 2010 - Kansas, Ole Miss, VaTech
- 2009 - Virginia
- 2007 - Michigan
Wow, had forgotten about that - Florida lost to Georgia Southern last year. So yeah, it could be worse!

Champagnat..Bubba Robinson plays at 4:00 today. I'm checking on the others to see if there are ways to follow. Will any live updates be available for Shys' game... besides you tweeting them out.
Not sure if espn will be following this one I think they have other matchups they are following this week. I will be tweeting and I heard a rumor a coach from cuse will be attending tonites game

Not sure if espn will be following this one I think they have other matchups they are following this week. I will be tweeting and I heard a rumor a coach from cuse will be attending tonites game

Well as long it isn't the SU womens' soccer coach as they are playing at UMass-Lowell today at 3:00. Shy might like to check out some of the ladies.;)

Well as long it isn't the SU womens' soccer coach as they are playing at UMass-Lowell today at 3:00. Shy might like to check out some of the ladies.;)
I'm sure he would unfortunately for him he will be at the field from the time he gets out if school till the end of the game...

I'm sure he would unfortunately for him he will be at the field from the time he gets out if school till the end of the game...

That's OK need to keep his mind focused on the game tonight. I like his new avi.

Edit: Never mind I am posting to too many Olympic Sports. The Ladies are at colgate.

Last edited: