Class of 2016 - OLB Solomon Manning (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Solomon Manning (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers

I am beginning to think you are throwing the ODU offer as some kind of fun here,at least you are not like Rex Ryan and have a foot fetish type of thing going on here.

No not me. ODU is actually showing up as an offer for a lot of the same kids. Old Dominion is not a bad FB program.

No not me. ODU is actually showing up as an offer for a lot of the same kids. Old Dominion is not a bad FB program.

The quarterback coach is from East Rochester High School, the offensive line coach is from Greene, NY, and most of the staff there has some connection to the University of Maine or BC. Lots of overlapping coverage areas.

The quarterback coach is from East Rochester High School, the offensive line coach is from Greene, NY, and most of the staff there has some connection to the University of Maine or BC. Lots of overlapping coverage areas.

Especially with Jeff Comissiong who was at BC.

God I hope Cam Lynch comes back to contribute to coaching/helping the program.

Yeah thats Ron Whitcomb. he does a great job in upstate NY of identifying talent. Actually the whole staff does. They are a hungry. They feel good things happening. If Virgina have another sub par season your probably going to see the ODU staff on their sideline in 2016.

Free blurb...

http://www.At their request, this n...story/1549314-new-jersey-lb-has-visits-coming

New Jersey LB Has Visits Coming

Solomon Manning of Colonia (N.J.) High will be at an ACC school this weekend, camp at a Big Ten school in early June and could visit another ACC in June as well.

Colonia (N.J.) High linebacker Solomon Manning's first offer came from Pittsburgh, and this coming weekend he will be on campus to see the program and meet the coaching staff.

But will Manning get off campus without committing, and before a scheduled appearance at the June 5 skills camp at Rutgers? Manning is also talking to Syracuse, and is looking at possible visit to Old Dominion.

Free Article

http://www.At their request, this n...use/story/1553696-busy-visitor-week-continues

Syracuse football's busy recruiting week continues as they are set to host several more prospects over the next few days.

It’s been a busy few days for Syracuse football recruiting. On Monday, a Peach State defensive back with ties to the program, Martin Mangram, visited. On Tuesday, three-star quarterback Rex Culpepper visited and committed.
With him was his defensive back teammate Scoop Bradshaw. Bradshaw put the Orange on top after the trip to wrap up an eventful two days. But the fun doesn’t end there.
Syracuse has some talented prospects visiting throughout the rest of the week. Here is the schedule according to CuseNation.com sources:
Wednesday June 10th

2016 4-star WR Brad Hawkins (Camden High, N.J.)
2016 3-star DE Jamal Holloway (Camden High, N.J.)
2016 3-star OLB Dymelle Parker (Camden High, N.J.)
2016 3-star DE Ron Johnson (Camden High, N.J.)
2016 ILB Anthony Ford (Camden High, N.J.)
2016 OLB Damian Thomas (Camden High, N.J.)
2017 C Cesar Ruiz (Camden High, N.J.)
Thursday, June 11th

2016 OLB/S Will Harper (Sandy Creek High, Ga.)
Friday, June 12th

2016 ATH Amir Tyler (Lakewood High, N.J.)
2018 OT Chris Bleich (Wyoming Valley West High, Pa.)
Saturday, June 13th

2016 3-star ILB Solomon Manning (Colonia High, N.J.)
2016 3-star OLB Jamir Jones (Aquinas Institute, N.Y.)

Manning supposed to be visiting tomorrow. Hope he makes it on the trip. Just a heads up as I think he's a high quality recruit.

Looks like AJ has put some serious good weight on. I don't know how much more on that frame would help him.

Last edited:
3-star New Jersey OLB Solomon Manning has high interest in Syracuse football after camp

"Manning, who declined to name any favorite schools, recently told NJ.com's Todderick Hunt that he plans on making a commitment decision by Monday.

However, after the camp he's unsure exactly what his plan moving forward will be. He plans on having a revised course of action by the end of the weekend."

Sounds like he had his mind made up and the visit made him reconsider. Been a good weekend.
There is a public article out there from one of the pay sites that says the Rutgers offer is a contingent one with an expiration date of today. Not sure a scrub program should be acting like a big boy program like that but desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think this is the free blurb that Tom mentioned...it was from 6/11 before he visited Cuse.

http://www.At their request, this n...g?hootPostID=6e15258518b0fb7787682a91d4bb8e9a

Solomon Manning of Colonia (N.J.) High is looking at two schools, and a decision could come in the next two weeks.

Linebacker Solomon Manning of Colonia (N.J.) High picked up a contingent Rutgers offer Wednesday night, but a decision must be made my Monday night or the offer could evaporate.

Meanwhile, North Carolina is pushing for Manning to visit and he could commit to the Tar Heels.

Either way, Solomon said a decision is coming soon, and he filled in Scout with the latest on his recruitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom