Class of 2016 - OLB Tyreek Williams (NJ) Verbal to Buffalo/Flipped to RU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Tyreek Williams (NJ) Verbal to Buffalo/Flipped to RU

• 2:26 PM - 29 Mar 2015
    SatelliteReek ‏@tyreekwilliams_ 12m12 minutes ago
    W/ @NoahnumbaNine_ #Syracuse
    1f34a.png
    1f34a.png
    1f4af.png
    1f4af.png

Nice to see guys camping with us that we offered.

Free Article...

http://temple.247sports.com/Article...le-planning-trips-to-Cuse-RU-and-PSU-37534401

Williams camps at Temple; planning trips to 'Cuse, RU and PSU

2016 Timber Creek (N.J.) linebacker Tyreek Williams participated in the morning session of Matt Rhule’s first camp of summer on May 31st.

Williams, who holds offers from Stony Brook, Army, Navy, Monmouth, Colgate, Fordham and Temple, got a chance to work with the players and coaches in a practice-like atmosphere.

“Camp was good,” he told Owls247. “It was good to compete against running backs and tight ends in 1-on-1s and lock them up. They had some nice drills for us as well.

“I tested great and did really well in 1-on-1s, so I’m feeling pretty good about today.”

Temple, which has built a big-time recruiting pipeline to Timber Creek High under the Rhule regime, has managed to create a close-knit relationship with Williams, who is being recruited by former Camden (N.J.) High star quarterback and current Owls’ defensive backs coach Francis Brown. In recent years, Brown has brought in former Chargers such as sophomore wide receiver Adonis Jennings (via transfer), sophomore running back Zaire Williams and freshman defensive back Kareem Ali.

“We (me and Coach Fran) are real close,” said Williams. “We talk all the time. He (Fran) is really cool. They keep telling me that I can be a really good player for them at outside linebacker.”

The 6-foot-1, 205-pounder out of Sicklerville, N.J. plans to hit a few other schools with some of his Timber Creek teammates in the month of June.

“As a team, we’re going to Syracuse on June 20 and then Penn State on June 21,” Williams said. “We’re also looking at possibly going up to Rutgers for one of their camps, probably next week on June 5.”

Williams, who has seven offers in total and hopes to see that list continue to grow throughout camp season, does have an idea of when he’d like to make his college decision.

“Probably at the beginning of my senior year,” he said. “It’ll give me a chance to take some more visits, go to plenty of summer camps and then focus in on the current season.”

Besides Temple, Williams says Iowa, Syracuse, Navy and Fordham, who had coaches in attendance at Rhule’s camp on Sunday afternoon, are pushing the hardest for his services.

“I talk with Iowa and Syracuse a good amount,” he said. “Still waiting on those two to offer, but I’m hoping Syracuse will offer with a good camp in a few weeks. Iowa seems kind of close too. But I’m talking with Navy all the time … I like Navy. Fordham also reaches out a lot.”

http://www.At their request, this n...ed-timber-creek-bringing-50-to-6-20-cuse-camp

Free Article...

Timber Creek High in Erial (N.J.) will have a big presence at the June 20th Syracuse camp as they will have over 50 players participating.

Timber Creek High in New Jersey has a reputation of regularly producing division one football talent. The 2016 cycle is no exception, and Syracuse has taken notice. The Orange have not offered the remaining uncommitted players, but have several on the radar.
On June 20th, Timber Creek head coach Rob Hinson will be bringing over 50 players to Syracuse’s camp, he informed CuseNation.com. That is nearly his entire team, and features division one, division two and division three prospects.
"I've had a great relationship with Coach Daoust for several years now and he always invites me/us up," Hinson said. "We'd never been able to coordinate it. However, this year we were able to line the schedules up. My guys are pretty excited to see Syracuse, and I think it'll be a very good experience for them.
"I have known Coach Acosta for a few years, and he thinks the world of the place. So it'll be pretty good to see things firsthand for myself. I've had kids visit and they've spoken highly of their visits as well. It should be a really good visit for our entire program."
Here are the most notable attendees from Timber Creek.
Noah Ellison (6-foot-2, 195 lbs), 2016 three-star wide receiver
Tyreek Williams (6-foot-1, 210 lbs), 2016 three-star linebacker
Julian Mahan (6-foot-0, 225 lbs), 2016 inside linebacker
Kashon Gordon (6-foot-1, 210 lbs), 2016 defensive end/outside linebacker
Shane Pease (5-foot-10, 200 lbs), 2016 running back
Chris Brefo (5-foot-10, 260 lbs), 2016 offensive lineman
Walter Lewis (5-foot-9, 175 lbs), 2016 running back
Yusef Hollingsworth (5-foot-11, 180 lbs), 2016 safety
Derrick Clements, 2016 cornerback
Jordan Urquhart (6-foot-0, 235 lbs), 2016 two-way lineman
Malcolm Bolden (5-foot-11, 225 lbs), 2016 defensive end
Matt Ringstaff (6-foot-3, 290 lbs), 2017 two-way lineman
Tony Brown (6-foot-3, 195 lbs), 2017 defensive end/outside linebacker
Anthony Brown (6-foot-2, 265 lbs), 2017 defensive lineman
Dexter Miller (6-foot-3, 295 lbs), 2017 offensive lineman
Jelani McCargo (6-foot-1, 200 lbs), 2017 safety/linebacker
Ezrah Archie (6-foot-1, 185 lbs), 2017 wide receiver/defensive back
Dante Witcher (5-foot-10, 155 lbs), 2017 cornerback
Harold Coleman (5-foot-11, 185 lbs), 2017 running back/safety
Devin Leary (6-foot-1, 170 lbs), 2018 quarterback
A strong camp from any could result in an offer. Regardless, it is a great thing for Syracuse to develop that relationship with coach Hinson as the Orange look to continue their efforts in New Jersey.

Wooooooo what's the heisman for long snappers?!?!? Oh...there isn't one?