Class of 2016 - OLB Will Harper (GA) Decommitted / Verbal to Tulane | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Will Harper (GA) Decommitted / Verbal to Tulane

I like the fact that Harper had offers from 3 military academies, says a lot about his character. Looking forward to seeing him in Orange!

Was hard to tell what they liked more... his character or his ferociousness.

The thing that stood out to me from his highlights was his awareness of where he was on the field and ability to get to where he needed to to introduce himself to the ball carrier.

The thing that stood out to me from his highlights was his awareness of where he was on the field and ability to get to where he needed to to introduce himself to the ball carrier.
Agreed, and that includes shedding blockers pretty easily to get to the ballcarrier.

Agreed, and that includes shedding blockers pretty easily to get to the ballcarrier.
I'm really impressed with this kids upper body strength and length as a DB prospect, he seems to defeat much bigger and rangier blockers in the open field with ease. Agree also with the awareness comment, has great instincts in coverage. You can see him a few times cue his assignment, flip and run but he always peeks into the backfield after securing his assignment. This is a very good get by this staff. Welcome Mr. Harper!

Love what this staff is doing. Turning us into a National recruiting school. ACC is huge as these kids all consider Syracuse. No sense in just staying local. With the new IPF, ACC, Dome being redone, why not. Great job by the staff and i expect them to be here for years to come.

Love what this staff is doing. Turning us into a National recruiting school. ACC is huge as these kids all consider Syracuse. No sense in just staying local. With the new IPF, ACC, Dome being redone, why not. Great job by the staff and i expect them to be here for years to come.

Not so sure about "national recruiting school," but this staff is proving that they are good at evaluating talent. Their legitimate involvement in kids with high profile offers this year is something we haven't seen around here in a long, long time. And, this trend could not come at a better time.

The ACC is sending a LOT of talent to the NFL - 2nd only to the SEC in the recent draft (54 to 47). The ACC is killing it again on the recruiting trail. SU needs to consistently bring in top 30-40 classes just to keep pace with the middle of the ACC. The reality is FSU, Clemson, Miami, Louisville, V Tech, N Car consistently bring in top 25 classes (FSU and Clemson top 5). Now GT and NC ST are trending into top 30.

Will, welcome to the Syracuse family! We love our Georgia recruits!

Will Harper syracuse.jpg

Not so sure about "national recruiting school," but this staff is proving that they are good at evaluating talent. Their legitimate involvement in kids with high profile offers this year is something we haven't seen around here in a long, long time. And, this trend could not come at a better time.

The ACC is sending a LOT of talent to the NFL - 2nd only to the SEC in the recent draft (54 to 47). The ACC is killing it again on the recruiting trail. SU needs to consistently bring in top 30-40 classes just to keep pace with the middle of the ACC. The reality is FSU, Clemson, Miami, Louisville, V Tech, N Car consistently bring in top 25 classes (FSU and Clemson top 5). Now GT and NC ST are trending into top 30.
Good post. Good players like to play on a big stage against the best. Syracuse is on as big a stage as there is with National champs being in our Conf . Once the ACC network is launched watch out. Also i really hope that they make a splash with the dome redo. Spend some bucks and go to town. Syracuse is going to be back and i expect a bowl every year with that occational 5 year run.

Well we did get players from 11 different states last year and if you look at the current roster I am sure you can add more states to the list. a few years back i looked at ou roster compared to a bunch of teams we were in the top bunch for having players from different states.

I just counted 19 different states.....pretty impressive.

You can go to the other site and they will list a map where the states the players are from. Fla St. seems to be listed in about 7 states,Miami is about 1 or 2 more. N.D. does go national

Last edited:
Well we did get players from 11 different states last year and if you look at the current roster I am sure you can add more states to the list. a few years back i looked at ou roster compared to a bunch of teams we were in the top bunch for having players from different states.

I just counted 19 different states...pretty impressive.

You can go to the other site and they will list a map where the states the players are from. Fla St. seems to be listed in about 7 states,Miami is about 1 or 2 more. N.D. does go national

Good point about the number of states, retro. When the OP talked about being a "national recruiting school" I take that to mean more of a selector school with the clout to go anywhere in the country and have a shot recruiting high end talent - like ND, USC, OSU, Michigan, Texas, and just about every SEC school.

Good point about the number of states, retro. When the OP talked about being a "national recruiting school" I take that to mean more of a selector school with the clout to go anywhere in the country and have a shot recruiting high end talent - like ND, USC, OSU, Michigan, Texas, and just about every SEC school.
o.k. got where you were going now.

I was just talking to Texanmark this week about how all the states show up in a national game when they list the starters hometown and how it looks like we are a big national school.

Of all the videos of Shamarko to show... Still got a chuckle out of it...

Have heard so many great stories about him, one of my all time favorites.
Not intentional must be screwed up linkage my bad.. fixed

I know this is an old post but I just saw it. I know what you're saying but I wouldn't consider most of the SEC schools or Texas schools that recruit nationally. It seems that 90% of players that go to UT are from Texas and most SEC kids are from the deep South.

Last edited:
His game from the other night is currently being replayed (3-6pm) on Fox college sports atlantic. Not sure if any of you have that.

Last edited:
His game from the other night is currently be replayed (3-6pm) on Fox college sports atlantic. Not sure if any of you have that.

thanks, watching it right now. It's on several of the Fox Sports Network channels.