oline issues still a big concern | Syracusefan.com

oline issues still a big concern

upperdeck

Living Legend
I though we saw a bit better job in the power game, we got some push in clear running situations, but other than that they messed up so many pass protections it was scary. Devito comes in and we want to throw a bit more and protection broke down almost every play. the RT whiffed 3-4 times leading to a jail brake , but everyone of the oline had 1-2 really bad blocking moments, they rushed 3 on 7 on one play and got in pretty easily.

the good thing was the design QB runs worked well but also puts our one valuable piece into scary spots a bit too much for me. now I think we see why the texas kid had some long runs in practice, he was running against our D.

I think neal is the main back now, he puts the foot in the ground so much better on his cuts, but we have so few decent holes it just means we gain 2-3 yds and not zero like last year..

using 1 back with 2 TE sets is something interesting as that was our main set last night for large stretches, but if you are going to get zero out of the 2 WRs i guess why use a 3rd one.. Still that removed a large chunk of the running plays this offense uses.

hopefully its just baby steps, as many of the oline issues were still mental and not physical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom