On-Off Switch... | Syracusefan.com

On-Off Switch...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Wow, what a fantastic comeback. It just seems that this team has an on-off switch when things get desperate. The offense should not be as bad as it seems to look for about 40 of the minutes each game.

I thought Tierney really screwed up not staying with their scalding hot goalie in the second half. If not for him we should have been up 7 - 5 at the half. You gotta go with the flow & not the system sometimes - you would have thought Tierney should have known better. Our guy came up with several huge saves in the second half.

JoJo was amazing all game.

Anyways, we are playing with too much fire. These guys deserve a title, but it will take a 60 minute effort on both ends come Monday afternoon.

You can see the other teams panic when JoJo has the ball at the end of games. Everyone on the field knows he will make a perfect pass. His teammates are ready and the opposing defense panics.

I thought Tierney really screwed up not staying with their scalding hot goalie in the second half. If not for him we should have been up 7 - 5 at the half. You gotta go with the flow & not the system sometimes - you would have thought Tierney should have known better. Our guy came up with several huge saves in the second half.

During the 1st half I thought his play was half him playing well & half our poor shooting - a fair amount of his saves were on shots directly to him. I'm not a lax expert but I wonder how much of the latter was due to him being a left hander?

Anyway, even if Denver had held on, I think the goalie switch policy is a mistake - this isn't U-10 rec soccer where everybody plays an equal amount & goalies get switched at halftime.

I don't think SU can afford another terrible first half. Duke will be tougher to come back against than Denver. I'd like to see at least a tie game at half for once!

I thought the offense was outstanding but the goalie stonewalled it. We could have had 10 goals in the first half

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom