One thing to keep an eye on the next 4-6 weeks | Syracusefan.com

One thing to keep an eye on the next 4-6 weeks

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Are potential transfers across the D1 landscape. This is prime season for transfers and the shuffling just started this week with a few players transferring to Maryland and another to Nova.

With Syracuse losing so much offense to graduation don't be suprised if there involved with one or two players, especially at the midfield.

I think ACC transfer rules would make it hard for Zed to transfer. Believe he would have to sit out a year to transfer between ACC schools.

Maybe Zed wants to be closer to home?

LOL, that would be nice but I think that ship has sailed (whether it was actually in port is a good question).

I was curious if a certain Albany attackmen was going to consider transferring now that Lyle is gone but I think hes staying put, at least for now.

LOL, that would be nice but I think that ship has sailed (whether it was actually in port is a good question).

I was curious if a certain Albany attackmen was going to consider transferring now that Lyle is gone but I think hes staying put, at least for now.
Now that would be interesting.

Full ride vs partial scholie maybe? Just speculating, but I think the growth of the sport means kids will take better offers from Albany/Marist, etc instead of being a walk-on reserve at Cuse like they did in the 80s and 90s.

Full ride vs partial scholie maybe? Just speculating, but I think the growth of the sport means kids will take better offers from Albany/Marist, etc instead of being a walk-on reserve at Cuse like they did in the 80s and 90s.

Even with this particular situation aside, your point certainly illustrates a challenge for traditional lacrosse schools. Opportunity has changed the landscape of the game, for better or worse.

I think ACC transfer rules would make it hard for Zed to transfer. Believe he would have to sit out a year to transfer between ACC schools.
Did Galasso have to sit? Can't remember, and it's difficult to search on this lousy wifi connection I am on.

Did Galasso have to sit? Can't remember, and it's difficult to search on this lousy wifi connection I am on.

He didn't have to sit because he transferred in while we were still in the Big East in 2013.

But he ended up sitting anyways because he broke his foot.

His Twitter account indicates that RFrosh goalie Parker Ferrigan (B'ville) will transfer to Delaware. Pretty notable loss here, IMO, as Desko consistently made positive comments about him, even when asked about the Wardwell/Hill battle. I can understand him not wanting to spend another year as a backup to Hill but he seemed set to start for us as a Junior in 2017. Maybe Callahan looked good in practice?

FWIW, he's the 2nd of our 6 2013 UA AAs to transfer after Maltz.

This is why i find it hard to complain about recruiting. With only 12.5 scholarships and not knowing how they are divvied up it seems pretty complicated. Albany's COA is about a 1/3 of what Cuse's is for in state students. Unless it's known how much in loans and/or out of pocket costs then it's tough to blame a kid. Or a coach

Id like to see Wilkins Dismuke transfer to SU from Hop, would be a great transfer and thought he was a great fit for us coming out of high school (he was recruited by SU) on the west coast, hes not getting much chance at the Jays.

20595.jpg

image.jpg

I don't like this at all, Parker is a local kid, was an UA All American and it's a shame we will never see him play for the Orange. With Hill only having one year left and no real blue chip coming in it seems like we are lacing the cupboards bare.

Good luck to Parker at Delaware.

I don't like how recruiting and transfers are shaping up for NCAA lax, jumping ship transferring to play with your brother etc etc

Not quire sure why every D-1 sport transfer doesn't have to sit out a year. Always puzzles me. Should be a uniform rule for all sports.

I don't like this at all, Parker is a local kid, was an UA All American and it's a shame we will never see him play for the Orange. With Hill only having one year left and no real blue chip coming in it seems like we are lacing the cupboards bare.

Good luck to Parker at Delaware.

I don't like how recruiting and transfers are shaping up for NCAA lax, jumping ship transferring to play with your brother etc etc

It would have been a 3 horse race between Hill, Ferrigan, and Callahan for the cage next season.

If Ferrigan already saw himself behind the other two, it might explain his wanting to transfer.

Personally, I hate to lose anyone. Ferrigan might have had an "Al Cavalieri" moment down the road.

or not sit at all...
Agreed, although I could see how changing the rule to that end of the continuum could cause chaos. There might be certain...umm...rogue schools/coaches that would try to scam the system.

But what am I thinking? Surely the NCAA would catch and punish these schools/individuals. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom