One would think | Syracusefan.com

One would think

emeraldde

Walk On
In our Second year of the ACC, HCSS will be more acquainted with division foes and be able to game plan better, now that he has game tape against them, and figured out what they like doing against him.

One would think Terrel Hunt should be a better thrower down field

Our offense with more experience should get better

With all of our RB's there should be enough stamina and ability to hit the edge

The defense gets better with more experience, more time with coaching staff

Game Tape and familiarity with the conference

Overall Morale is up a notch due to good performance

Wining a Bowl Game Extra practices

New Uniforms, New Practice Facility, Good Recruits, Big Morale Boost

I am hoping for a 8-4 season with losses against Notre Dame Lousiville FSU and Clemson

My main questions for the offseason are

Is Terrel Hunt going to get better throwing down field

Do we have enough strength to run up the middle and be successful doing it

How are other WRS going to do other then Brolyd and Esteem including TE

I haven't been able to watch a lot of game tape on the defense yet and focus on them

On defense I'm interested what other people think

My hope is for a more polished passing attack and better accuracy out of Hunt. I hope that our running game can remain a strength as well. I hope that we find a place kicker who can be consistent on extra points and give us reasonable expectations for a college kicker.

I hope that our D line is solid and that we are able to generate some sort of pass rush. Our LBs should again be a strength. I hope that our secondary stays healthy and continues to improve. I like Eskeridge, Morgan and Reddish and then the others rotating through.

I hope that we see solid and consistent football. I think were still a little ways off from matching the athletes of Florida State, but I hope in the next few years we are able to beat Clemson, ND or another top 25/ national program

I have looked forward to every season thinkjng the offense would improve. This year is no different although I feel like Hunt's upside is greater than Nassib's at this point in his career.

The O Line and D Line are areas of concern. I have been so happy to see the O Line become an area of strength instead of the weakness it was under GRob and shortly thereafter.

If Hunt Has a break out year and the team has another successful season, I would expect them to compete well against FSU and Clemson in 2015 with Hunt

I have looked forward to every season thinkjng the offense would improve. This year is no different although I feel like Hunt's upside is greater than Nassib's at this point in his career.

The O Line and D Line are areas of concern. I have been so happy to see the O Line become an area of strength instead of the weakness it was under GRob and shortly thereafter.
Why do you think there is a upgrade on Line play? Simple explanation or are they doing anything special with players?

I am extremely excited. The more and more I think about it, and look over our opponents, and what they return/lose, the better and better I am feeling. Not only I am expecting a remarkable improvement from our offense, but we also catch a couple breaks in the schedule. Obviously there are no such things as gimme's but I think it worked out well that 2 our of conference road games BC, and Wake should give us a good shot at a win. There has been threads here how Addazzion basically cleaned out the cupboards and is going at it with a skeleton roster of 65 kids or something like that. Throw in the fact that it's the last game of the season (and i am expecting a very poor season for BC) BC very well could be working with walk ons getting playing time. They also are going through a 1 year transition at the qb spot. My guess is they give the start to Murphy, who if anyone watched Florida's offense last year, is nothing to write home about. I think he will get Addazzio through to Darius Wade who can take over as a 4 year starter in 2015. It actually seems like he saw the writing on the wall and sacrificed a season to better themselves going forward.

Same can be said for Wake in a sense. Another brand new staff, and a team that lost all their leaders. Total rebuild year for the Deacs. Obviously it's reallll early, but having it set up where we are in a good spot to take 2 division road games can't be taken for granted, regardless it's just BC and WF. It would also be nice to go up 2-0 on both of them after joining the ACC, and then getting them both at home the following year. Don't think that won't be used on the recruiting trail.

A couple other small related schedule advantages is getting Pitt on the road after a bye week. We will probably need it at the time since we would have been playing for 8 straight weeks.

We also get NCST at home who will have 33 new faces, and Duke, who I feel is extremely over rated. They played absolutely nobody last year in the OOC to pad their record.

So basically when playing @Pitt following a bye is potentially your 3rd toughest conference game...well you can see where my confidence is coming from. And that's really not getting into us that much. We return a ton of talented, experienced starters on both sides of the ball. I have no doubt that our offense will be much improved, and we have enough talent returning, and entering the program that I think the defense can be just as good. If we can stay away from injuries to Hunt and our offensive line, I see no reason why we shouldn't EXPECT to win 8 games, and hope for 9 if everything falls into place.

Good Post. Some things I haven't thought about. Good point about the recruiting trail tidbit. I'm sure that would be used against BC and Wake. Hopefully after our bye we will be ready for Pitt

I am extremely excited. The more and more I think about it, and look over our opponents, and what they return/lose, the better and better I am feeling. Not only I am expecting a remarkable improvement from our offense, but we also catch a couple breaks in the schedule. Obviously there are no such things as gimme's but I think it worked out well that 2 our of conference road games BC, and Wake should give us a good shot at a win. There has been threads here how Addazzion basically cleaned out the cupboards and is going at it with a skeleton roster of 65 kids or something like that. Throw in the fact that it's the last game of the season (and i am expecting a very poor season for BC) BC very well could be working with walk ons getting playing time. They also are going through a 1 year transition at the qb spot. My guess is they give the start to Murphy, who if anyone watched Florida's offense last year, is nothing to write home about. I think he will get Addazzio through to Darius Wade who can take over as a 4 year starter in 2015. It actually seems like he saw the writing on the wall and sacrificed a season to better themselves going forward.

Same can be said for Wake in a sense. Another brand new staff, and a team that lost all their leaders. Total rebuild year for the Deacs. Obviously it's reallll early, but having it set up where we are in a good spot to take 2 division road games can't be taken for granted, regardless it's just BC and WF. It would also be nice to go up 2-0 on both of them after joining the ACC, and then getting them both at home the following year. Don't think that won't be used on the recruiting trail.

A couple other small related schedule advantages is getting Pitt on the road after a bye week. We will probably need it at the time since we would have been playing for 8 straight weeks.

We also get NCST at home who will have 33 new faces, and Duke, who I feel is extremely over rated. They played absolutely nobody last year in the OOC to pad their record.

So basically when playing @Pitt following a bye is potentially your 3rd toughest conference game...well you can see where my confidence is coming from. And that's really not getting into us that much. We return a ton of talented, experienced starters on both sides of the ball. I have no doubt that our offense will be much improved, and we have enough talent returning, and entering the program that I think the defense can be just as good. If we can stay away from injuries to Hunt and our offensive line, I see no reason why we shouldn't EXPECT to win 8 games, and hope for 9 if everything falls into place.

Agree 1000%. If you read the ACC blog over at ESPN - they are always talking up NC State as a team that should make a leap this year. I don't see it. They start a new QB, their offense was a mess last year, and their play calling seemed erratic and strange (even by our low, 1st year OC standards). BC was good last year and we took it to them. You're right that they will be worse.

Notre Dame is the one where I feel like there is a chance for an upset. They are always overrated. We are always underrated. Much like Louisville, I don't think our guys have any mental hurdles to overcome to come away with a win (unlike at Clemson, and FSU with Winston).

Cannot wait for this season to start.

TheCusian said:
Agree 1000%. If you read the ACC blog over at ESPN - they are always talking up NC State as a team that should make a leap this year. I don't see it. They start a new QB, their offense was a mess last year, and their play calling seemed erratic and strange (even by our low, 1st year OC standards). BC was good last year and we took it to them. You're right that they will be worse.

Notre Dame is the one where I feel like there is a chance for an upset. They are always overrated. We are always underrated. Much like Louisville, I don't think our guys have any mental hurdles to overcome to come away with a win (unlike at Clemson, and FSU with Winston).

Cannot wait for this season to start.

I'm not sure beating BC on the last play of the game was "taking it to them." While it was a great win for the program, we kind of stole that one.

I am hoping for a season with losses only against Notre Dame Lousiville FSU and Clemson

The second time around with ACC opponents is less important to me than the fact that Shafer and his OC and DC are in the same roles, with a year under their belts.

Second year starters at QB and WR and TE (Broyld, Estime & Parris) provide hope for an improved passing attack. Big difference compared to where we were entering 2013.

Winning teams usually have strength at OT, DE, outside LB, and CB. We do. Pass rush? Maybe, but that might be the biggest question.

But I wouldn't count on our ACC opponents (BC, Wake, NC State or BiG Maryland) being push-overs. Way too soon to say.

UL? On a Friday night in the Dome? Teams haven't fared so well in that environment as of late. Ask WV and Geno Smith how they like coming in here on a Friday night. Screw UL. I fear them not. They remind me of the old VT in the BE. Overrated and can't handle SU when they need to.

I'm not sure beating BC on the last play of the game was "taking it to them." While it was a great win for the program, we kind of stole that one.

I dunno. We looked like the better team for most of the game. I'll retract my "take it to them" and replace with "looked better and pulled out the win"... Either way, I'd be shocked if we went into that game as underdogs.

If we lose to Notre Dame my head will explode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom