only a matter of time before Rutgers fans starts using this to | Syracusefan.com

only a matter of time before Rutgers fans starts using this to

recruit kids to come to rutgirls.

As in become a thug in the NFL and get special treatment from the league.

this guy I think is dead on with his opinion on this
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/24/ray-rice-suspension-roger-goodell-baltimore-ravens

When I met Ray Rice at a Rutgers Football Banquet, he was about 5'7" 185. a year later, he bulked up thx to sheer will and lots of hard work, and the rest is history. Rutgers Football is the house that Ray Built, and I feel bad. Ray is a high character, hard working, and likeable person, and i feel bad that he made such a terrible mistake.
I commend Commissioner Goodell for taking all the facts before he meted out punishment. Yes, Ray did something terrible, which deserved ramifications. But he also took responsibility and is making amends. He is going for counseling, He is embarrassed and is doing everything he can to learn from this incident, and become a better person. He has also been a credit to the community, working with special needs kids in New Rochelle and kids from disadvantaged communities too. These mitigating circumstances are probably what reduced the severity of his punishment.

The two game suspension Rice received was a joke. Hell you are suspended a minimum of four games for a first time failure of a drug test in the NFL!

Wasn't Ray Rice pretty close to coming to Syracuse.

This seems a lot like throwing stones in a glass house, and I hate Rutgers as much as anyone.

When I met Ray Rice at a Rutgers Football Banquet, he was about 5'7" 185. a year later, he bulked up thx to sheer will and lots of hard work, and the rest is history. Rutgers Football is the house that Ray Built, and I feel bad. Ray is a high character, hard working, and likeable person, and i feel bad that he made such a terrible mistake.
I commend Commissioner Goodell for taking all the facts before he meted out punishment. Yes, Ray did something terrible, which deserved ramifications. But he also took responsibility and is making amends. He is going for counseling, He is embarrassed and is doing everything he can to learn from this incident, and become a better person. He has also been a credit to the community, working with special needs kids in New Rochelle and kids from disadvantaged communities too. These mitigating circumstances are probably what reduced the severity of his punishment.

I would be embarrassed if I attended Rutgers too but he doesn't need to take it out on his significant other.

RutgersAl back in town--time to check the Rutgers dumpster fire thread! Good timing, Al!

The two game suspension Rice received was a joke. Hell you are suspended a minimum of four games for a first time failure of a drug test in the NFL!

5 game suspension to Pryor for trading memorabilia for tattoos. Two game suspension to Rice for knocking his girlfriend (now wife) unconscious. Goodell is a fu**jng idiot.

If jackass Goodell took all the facts into consideration he would have suspended Rice fur the season

It should be interesting what kind of suspension Goodell gives Jim "The High Mad Tweeter" for his transgressions.

What kills me is they are considered role models and even pushed as role models by the league. Yet when they get in trouble, the league gives them a slap on the wrist. If any person in society did this, they would be fired in a heartbeat. Imagine if that was your child's teacher or your coworker. Do you think there would be this double standard? This is why I respect what Coach Strong is doing at UT. He is teaching kids that there are rules that must be followed and if they don't they can be replaced. The NFL should take a zero tolerance approach to all of this. Look below at the suspensions so far this year. Gordon's suspension is still pending but it will also be for a year.

PlayerReasonLengthFirst offense?Cost
Ray RiceConduct detrimental to the league2 gamesYes$528,588.00
Fred DavisSubstance abuseIndefiniteNoN/A
Jake KnottPEDs4 gamesYes$116,470.00
Brandon MooreSubstance abuse4 gamesYes$98,823.00
Frank AlexanderSubstance abuse4 gamesYes$134,117.00
Stedman BaileyPEDs4 gamesYes$120,551.00
Robert MathisPEDs4 gamesYes$705,882.00
Daryl WashingtonSubstance abuse1 yearNo$3,000,000.00
Will HillSubstance abuse6 gamesNo$201,176.00
Jayron HosleySubstance abuse4 gamesYes$134,117.00
Lane JohnsonPEDs4 gamesYes$123,750.00
Dion JordanPEDs4 gamesYes$123,750.00
Rokevious WatkinsSubstance abuse4 gamesNo$123,750.00
LaVon BrazillPEDs1 yearNo$570,000.00

Mistake? MISTAKE? Is that what assault and battery is in NJ?

This was pure thuggery and there are no mitigating circumstances. The handlers get involved and we get the same old playbook response - referring to it as a mistake; get the victim to stand by the perpetrator; make a public apology and then stay the hell out of the spotlight.

Did he deny that he did it? No. Does he deserve severe punishment if only to send a message? Yes!

We miss Oily, your Daddy.

He's not high character. He knocked his wife unconscious, dragged her out of an elevator, and then probably gave her hush money. SHE APOLOGIZED FOR HIM KNOCKING HER OUT.

If he wasn't in the NFL he'd be spending the next few years in prison. Absolutely ridiculous.