Oooff! No Robinson, No Trudo | Syracusefan.com

Oooff! No Robinson, No Trudo

Yikes!

As the paper says, Lasker is surely the first OL off the bench. He played OG in the last couple of series against WF, and if only Robinson is out, I would expect him to replace Nick there Saturday, though they could move Palmer to OG and play Lasker at his natural OT position as well.

It gets really interesting, not in a good way, if Trudo also can't play. Does Emerich play OG? Does Emerich play C and Miller move to OG?

Or does McGloster start at OT, with Palmer moving to OG? The latter would be my guess. That would give us a starting lineup that looks like this:

LT Hickey
LG Lasker
C Miller
RG Palmer
RT McGloster

I will say one thing: that is a group of big linemen.

Joe Adam, welcome to D1 football. What a challenge for this unit this week...

Does anybody know anything about Hayes?

Boy the knapp head injury turned out to be a killer!

we are the college football version of the Yankees with all these injuries. One positive I guess is backups are getting valuable playing time

creeker46 said:
With these injuries, I will lose my mind if anyone is complaining about our offensive coordinator and our offense not being able to put up points this weekend

Yeah, this team, lacking in playmakers to begin with, has been playing with one hand tied behind its back most of the season.

Would have like to see the offense with a healthy Hunt, Estime, Broyld and O line.

Yeah, this team, lacking in playmakers to begin with, has been playing with one hand tied behind its back most of the season.

Would have like to see the offense with a healthy Hunt, Estime, Broyld and O line.
I would have loved to see a little consistency this year, no way to do that with injuries.

With these injuries, I will lose my mind if anyone is complaining about our offensive coordinator and our offense not being able to put up points this weekend

I have my torch ready to burn down the Dome with my mob if SU doesn't score at least 42 points. Our group whom we call "MOB" (Meatheads Obsessing Bullcrap) get angry over many things that don't fit in with what we feel should be happening because we always know better than anyone else. We often use hyperbole to express our points such as "Worst ever" and "Never before" and "My 4 year old is better than that". Your type of thinking is ruining this country.

As the paper says, Lasker is surely the first OL off the bench. He played OG in the last couple of series against WF, and if only Robinson is out, I would expect him to replace Nick there Saturday, though they could move Palmer to OG and play Lasker at his natural OT position as well.

It gets really interesting, not in a good way, if Trudo also can't play. Does Emerich play OG? Does Emerich play C and Miller move to OG?

Or does McGloster start at OT, with Palmer moving to OG? The latter would be my guess. That would give us a starting lineup that looks like this:

LT Hickey
LG Lasker
C Miller
RG Palmer
RT McGloster

Not that it does any good to complain about it, because the schedule is what it is, but man--that oddly scheduled week 2 bye REALLY hurt us this year.

Given the number and extent of some of these injuries, it would have been great to have an extra week for rest / therapy for some of these guys mid-season.

Hickey and Miller can't be anywhere near 100% either.

Should be fun.

As phat said, if you need to find something positive, it's that some other guys will get good experience for the future. But man, we cannot cannot cannot lose this game.

The wheels at least stay on this 2014 bus a little longer with a win. Lose, and no senior should see much time for the Pitt and BC games, because those will be our "bowl practices"

A lot of the team is beat up and the injuries these kids are fighting is quite something for us to be proud of. I can't imagine that Shafer would have had his next man up mantra to be used so often but if somehow they can put a finger into this dyke and survive to get bowl eligible, it's been a heck of a job all around...coaches/staff and all the players. Damn good thing they recruited some good talent and who knows if SU won't get a Lou Gehrig out of this.

Not that it does any good to complain about it, because the schedule is what it is, but man--that oddly scheduled week 2 bye REALLY hurt us this year.

Given the number and extent of some of these injuries, it would have been great to have an extra week for rest / therapy for some of these guys mid-season.
Very odd scheduling.

Do we have any control over such things or is it the ACC's way of welcoming us to the conference?

Very odd scheduling.

Do we have any control over such things or is it the ACC's way of welcoming us to the conference?
The only school in the ACC that had a bye in week 2 was Syracuse. SU might have left that week open hoping to get a conference game that week, the one that went to BC to host their game with Pitt.

If that did that, gambling on getting that game without a backup plan, it was a very risky move that blew up in their face and again severely handicapped a football program that is not at the point where bowl games are a given each season.

Everyone else in the conference was able to find an opponent in week 2 but Syracuse. It is very disappointing these kinds of things keep happening.

Hickey and Miller can't be anywhere near 100% either.

Should be fun.

As phat said, if you need to find something positive, it's that some other guys will get good experience for the future. But man, we cannot cannot cannot lose this game.

The wheels at least stay on this 2014 bus a little longer with a win. Lose, and no senior should see much time for the Pitt and BC games, because those will be our "bowl practices"
or that Cuse13078 said well before phat said it ;)

or that Cuse13078 said well before phat said it ;)

I can't remember all those numbers without going back and looking it up. If your ID was OU812, I would have remembered.

If it was I8HIM2, Millhouse would have remembered.

I can't remember all those numbers without going back and looking it up. If your ID was OU812, I would have remembered.

If it was I8HIM2, Millhouse would have remembered.

I am actually jamesvillecuse but I don't have access to that email address anymore and I forgot my password so I had to make another account.

The only school in the ACC that had a bye in week 2 was Syracuse. SU might have left that week open hoping to get a conference game that week, the one that went to BC to host their game with Pitt.

If that did that, gambling on getting that game without a backup plan, it was a very risky move that blew up in their face and again severely handicapped a football program that is not at the point where bowl games are a given each season.

Everyone else in the conference was able to find an opponent in week 2 but Syracuse. It is very disappointing these kinds of things keep happening.

Herm Frazier strikes again......

I may be wrong but offensive linemen and qb's are the last positions to fill with true freshmen unless they are incredibly talented and can learn the correct plays. Granted SU isn't at that level right now linemen wise but wow it's getting thin.

Herm Frazier strikes again...

I don't think you can blame him for that. ND was already scheduled for week 5, and my assumption is that pre-dates him. Probably pre-dates our inclusion in the ACC. So unless the ACC was willing to give us an early game, we were going to have an early bye. Yeah, week 4 would have been better than week 2, but everyone sang Frazier's praises when he scheduled Maryland. Until we lost. Then he was terrible again.

Thankless job.

I don't think you can blame him for that. ND was already scheduled for week 5, and my assumption is that pre-dates him. Probably pre-dates our inclusion in the ACC. So unless the ACC was willing to give us an early game, we were going to have an early bye. Yeah, week 4 would have been better than week 2, but everyone sang Frazier's praises when he scheduled Maryland. Until we lost. Then he was terrible again.

Thankless job.

One of my few perks here is my ability to get after Herm on demand, how dare you defend him, lol. In all seriousness I don't blame him 100% but its just mindboggling how often it seems the fball schedule is screwed up year after year in a variety of ways. That being said next year looks like it sets up really well.

LT Hickey
LG Lasker
C Miller
RG Palmer
RT McGloster

Thank god Emerich gained some valuable game experience -- he might need to play just to help bolster depth along the interior.

Palmer has performed really well as a stop-gap RT. The same can't be said about Lasker, and I'm terrified about the prospect of having to play McGloster.

We might need to duck tape it and hope we can get through this week on the OL, playing maybe 6 guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom