Orange Club Priority Points Coming July 16 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Club Priority Points Coming July 16

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
If my math is right...it won't affect the Fall FB ticketing for this Fall.

Highlights: Will award points back to opening of the Dome

Priority Points will be used to allocate high demand items:
  • Football Bowl and Basketball Postseason tickets
  • Season Ticket and parking upgrades/changes
  • New or additional season tickets
  • Orange Club events and other benefits

http://cuse.com/sports/2016/1/28/GEN_0128162722.aspx

Will they count 4 years of being a student season ticket holder, or just regular seasons?

Will they count 4 years of being a student season ticket holder, or just regular seasons?
Good Question...send them an email and see if they reply. Let us know.

Hmm, I guess I should find out what the consequences are before I re-up. I wonder if they still have records of season ticket holders that for back.

I had season tickets as a student (which likely won't count) and several years in the mid-late 80s that I suspect they'll have forgotten about.

Hmm, I guess I should find out what the consequences are before I re-up. I wonder if they still have records of season ticket holders that for back.

I had season tickets as a student (which likely won't count) and several years in the mid-late 80s that I suspect they'll have forgotten about.

Last I knew as long as you could provide evidence (invoice or whatever) we will credit you. Our system goes back to '95 for tickets and '80 for donations - Just contact the appropriate party and we will work with you!

Used to have a similar, yet less detailed and broad, system. Used to get 3 points for ever year of a donation and 1 point per $100. That was before TGD went to the "what have you done for me lately" method.

I was told they have records back to 1980 or so.

Used to have a similar, yet less detailed and broad, system. Used to get 3 points for ever year of a donation and 1 point per $100. That was before TGD went to the "what have you done for me lately" method.

You hint but the reality was not only what have you done but who do you know and how loud did you scream. I know of people (back when I was closer to all of this), with little contribution, were always given preferential treatment because they were personal friends or cried wolf just to get better seats.

Here's to (crossing fingers) getting back to a fair and equitable system but I don't have any real hope that it will be any different in the long run. These things, while they are perceived to be fair, always get abused by those that are connected and contribute less.

Last I knew as long as you could provide evidence (invoice or whatever) we will credit you. Our system goes back to '95 for tickets and '80 for donations - Just contact the appropriate party and we will work with you!

Who keeps cancelled checks from 30 years ago? :oops:

Hey appropriate party, any way that I count count my parent's tix toward my numbers? Name wise we're only looking at a different middle initial :rolleyes:

Anything that has proof tickets were under your name and you'll be golden. Obviously we are here to work with you guys so there are no discrepancies.

can we recite highlights of painful losses as proof we were sitting there?

Anything that has proof tickets were under your name and you'll be golden. Obviously we are here to work with you guys so there are no discrepancies.
That's going to be tough for some of us who have gone through international moves, etc..
I'll give you a buzz after I've gone through some more possible locations where things could be hiding.

I put forth the following changes to SU's Bonus Point system in Orange:

Bonus Points:
  • 5 points for being an Athletics letterwinner at Syracuse University.
  • 2 points for every $10,000 referred by you to SU Athletics – from July 1, 2016 moving forward
  • 2 points for being an alumnus/a of Syracuse University.
  • 1 point for every year of employment at Syracuse University
  • 1 point for ROTC/military service
  • 10 points for posting at Syracusefan.com
  • -100 points for reading Bud Poliquin and actually admitting to it
Points never diminish and will carry over to subsequent years. Donors retain all previously earned priority points in their giving history.

Renewed season tix yesterday (Yay)! I read the points brochure and still want to know what this means for us slobs who don't hob knob with the AD or attend Orange Club cocktail parties? :confused:

If my math is right...it won't affect the Fall FB ticketing for this Fall.

Highlights: Will award points back to opening of the Dome

Priority Points will be used to allocate high demand items:
  • Football Bowl and Basketball Postseason tickets
  • Season Ticket and parking upgrades/changes
  • New or additional season tickets
  • Orange Club events and other benefits

http://cuse.com/sports/2016/1/28/GEN_0128162722.aspx

It WILL affect football if you mean what I think. Say you've been a season ticket holder from 2000. You get 3 points PER SPORT for each consecutive year. 2000 until 2015 would be 15 years x 3 points = 45 points.

Note that you will not get the credit for the consecutive year for 15 to 16 or 15-16 to 16-17 until the END of the season. Just a heads up

It WILL affect football if you mean what I think. Say you've been a season ticket holder from 2000. You get 3 points PER SPORT for each consecutive year. 2000 until 2015 would be 15 years x 3 points = 45 points.

Note that you will not get the credit for the consecutive year for 15 to 16 or 15-16 to 16-17 until the END of the season. Just a heads up

How do you get points for military service? How is it calculated?

How do you get points for military service? How is it calculated?

Again just a proof of it. Active ID or Retired ID (I believe - I am not so familiar with evidence on being a former military member works. Like my grandfather had dog tags but do they give you a card now? Haha)

Either way should just be a way to prove the retired or active duty point

Again just a proof of it. Active ID or Retired ID (I believe - I am not so familiar with evidence on being a former military member works. Like my grandfather had dog tags but do they give you a card now? Haha)

Either way should just be a way to prove the retired or active duty point
Looks like it is only 1 point...I would assume they could take people at their honor.

Looks like it is only 1 point...I would assume they could take people at their honor.

No honor among thieves... Or football fans. ;) Should be one point for each year of service, though.