Orange Fan Fest Saturday August 15 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Fan Fest Saturday August 15

All Syracuse fans are invited to a unique Orange doubleheader on Saturday, August 15. The annual Syracuse Fan Fest will include the men's soccer team hosting an exhibition game against Georgetown at 4 pm followed by the Orange football team's annual pre-season camp practice and scrimmage at 6 pm at the Syracuse Soccer Stadium. The event begins at 3 pm.

Admission is free and complementary parking is available in Manley North and South lots.

Fan Fest will feature food and refreshments, prizes, in addition to men's soccer and football action at the stadium, which is located on the East Colvin Street side of Manley Field House, the event will feature activities for fans of all ages. All fans will have an opportunity to register to win prizes, including two seats in the Athletics Department Suite for a 2015 home game.

At Wohl Field, Syracuse's volleyball and women's soccer student-athletes will conduct interactive activities, inflatable bouncers for kids and a merchandise trailer will be set up, and the men's soccer team will host an autograph session following the exhibition game. All 'Cuse fans will have an opportunity to try on the 2015 Orange football uniform inside the Ensley Athletic Center and to take photos with former Syracuse football standouts on the plaza outside of the Ensley Center and the Orange field hockey team will hold an open practice at Coyne Stadium during the event.

Fan Fest will feature a number of benefits for all 2015 Orange football season ticket holders, who are invited to enjoy a personal tour of the Iocolano-Petty Football Wing at Manley Field House and experience the practice and scrimmage live from the sideline. All pre-ordered 2015 season tickets will be available for pick up at Fan Fest and fans will have the opportunity to purchase new season tickets, mini-packs and individual game tickets, as well.

Following the football scrimmage, fans are invited to join the team on the field for selfie stations with their favorite student-athletes and coaches.

In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.

Nice! Wife likes this one. Kids and wife happy = def going. Now to get Dad's food truck a spot ;).

Also - excited about going into the IPF.

Does this mean we may have to get used to competent marketing?
Wow, an integrated event where fans can watch the men's soccer team, the football team and the women's field hockey team all play in one event?

Wow, a chance for fans to see the inside of the IPF?

Wow, special treatment for mere season ticket holders for football to tour the football facilities in Manley and to watch practice on the sidelines?

This is the most refreshing and hope inspiring announcement from the SU AD office in at least 10 years. Very encouraging stuff.

season tix holders get the tour and a sideline pass??

homerun kids.
It is almost like someone in the SU AD offices is listening. Or at least thinking about what we fans might like. Who do we have to thank for the change in direction on things? Has the new AD already made a huge difference? Anyone know?

Almost a home run.

No pony rides. :(
funny_horse_animated.gif

It is almost like someone in the SU AD offices is listening. Or at least thinking about what we fans might like. Who do we have to thank for the change in direction on things? Has the new AD already made a huge difference? Anyone know?

I was really impressed also. Great job SU AD! It's so many ideas the board has been suggesting for years. Even though I live far enough away that it doesn't matter for me, I'm glad the locals will get what appears to be an awesome event!

Absolutely shocked that they started the advertising so far in advance. Usually they wouldn't mention it until two days prior.

Coyle's paying off already!
And even then it would be at 3pm on a Thursday.

So if u order tix months ago they will be able to get picked up at fan fest? They will have a certain time to meet for personal tour? During fan fest football part u can be on sidelines for it? Can someone answers these for my comprehension level thanks

sutomcat said:

I believe Drew Robinson is in front of this.

I believe Drew Robinson is in front of this.
Yeah. This looks too well-thought out and well-planned to credit an AD who has been on the job for four days.

LeMoyneCuse said:
Yeah. This looks too well-thought out and well-planned to credit an AD who has been on the job for four days.

He had the smarts to rubber stamp the thing though. Bet they had a meeting and he said "make it happen".

(Season Ticket Holders) will receive an email whether they would like to claim the tix in person or have them mailed out on that Monday.

Personal Tours of these great facilities are pretty informal. Go to wherever you'd like and there will be an intern or MYSELF! (Or a colleague) will show you around

There has been a serious structure change around here and I for one am LOVING IT.

Hope to see you all there!

(Season Ticket Holders) will receive an email whether they would like to claim the tix in person or have them mailed out on that Monday.

Personal Tours of these great facilities are pretty informal. Go to wherever you'd like and there will be an intern or MYSELF! (Or a colleague) will show you around

There has been a serious structure change around here and I for one am LOVING IT.

Hope to see you all there!

Will the IPF be open?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom