Orange jerseys are coming | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

And that's a shame because we're better than that. Listening to the media and reading articles mocking our unis last year, you would think we'd learn.
yeah I hear you but i dont let a couple articles from 1 writer influence my perception. Some people will like and some will not. That's for most teams. I know people that hate penn st, bama, and ohio st uniforms but love oregon, maryland, or miami uni's. Its just opinions and preferences. To be honest the unforms are pretty standard compared to the rest. The numbers are the only thing that's wacky IMO.

CA4LPYCWgAAJ3sa.png
I see we're going with Rutgers red, that's great, just super.....cuz if that's our regular orange I must have picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue...Oh Lord

They don't until an SU recruit selects SU because of the uni. If said recruit gets down to that 8th spot to decide, I'll concede they mean something. But they aren't ever getting there, so they mean nothing.

This is a silly way to make the argument. People don't make decisions that way. Especially big ones.

It's all things taken together that can push a recruit over the edge. The total package. Coaches, NFL, TV exposure, Education, Location, Uniforms, Parents opinions, etc. That why recruiting is not a science to be gamed. You do everything you can do. That's how this trend started. Don't make me link to the article again.

You mean the ones where they won a UNI award? C'mon. I don't love them. But now you're cherry picking. Two current players posted tweets today with freaking heart emoji and fire emoji (and I'll decipher for the non-twitter folk - that means they are "hot").
FREE BEER :D:E

Your argument is dumb. Kids get free uni's where ever they go to school. They are excited for reasons 1-7, but suddenly 8 doesn't count?
When you get down to 8, how much could it possibly count? Not much.

When you get down to 8, how much could it possibly count? Not much.

Not much is very different than Not at all. Also - I don't think people make decisions that way. I think you stack up all the things you like about a school vs all the things you like about another school. Every little bit helps.

It's also all moot if the new AD can make both groups happy - which isn't as hard as Gross made it seem.

Last season it was the "Just give me Orange pants and/or jerseys, its our goddamn nickname for Chistsakes" shout off among the disgruntled. Now, within one day of revealing that we have Orange tops and pants its the (insert inane argument here) shout off. If and when they change again, I can only imagine the length of that thread. Its so funny what gets people riled up on here. I can only imagine that some argue just for the sake of it or some people are just eternally unsatisfied. Maybe Buzz had it right about a portion of our fan base.

In the end, uniforms aren't going to put marks in the W column and that's what counts most of all in building this program.

Your argument is dumb. Kids get free uni's where ever they go to school. They are excited for reasons 1-7, but suddenly 8 doesn't count?
nope.

it doesnt.

envisioning yourself in a jersey is just part of what they do.

like envisioning yourself make a big TD catch, a monster sack, return an INT, etc...

and this was based on your emoticon twitter ridiculous post.

nope.

it doesnt.

envisioning yourself in a jersey is just part of what they do.

like envisioning yourself make a big TD catch, a monster sack, return an INT, etc...

and this was based on your emoticon twitter ridiculous post.

So you were saying they didn't really like the new orange look, but it was akin to free beer? That's your argument?

I can ask Zaire on twitter right now if you'd like some clarification?

All orange looks decent especially this shade. Traditional block numbers would be better easier to read.

Us old-timers like the 80's and 90's uniforms simply because they scream "Syracuse University"

Not sure what we're trying to say with this:

15957019-mmmain.jpg

16295672-standard.jpg

15733666-standard.jpg

On the bright side, since nobody could recognize the team on TV, maybe nobody knows we went 3-9 last year.
Blue Man Group

So you were saying they didn't really like the new orange look, but it was akin to free beer? That's your argument?

I can ask Zaire on twitter right now if you'd like some clarification?
go ahead.

ask him if you were to offer him free beer for 4 years, what emoticon he would use to show his thoughts...

Having cool uniforms is certainly something that recruits might like. It's a little thing, but it's a small part of the package.

Sadly, our uniforms are not cool.

They suck.

We should get cool uniforms.

Have I solved this for everyone?

Having cool uniforms is certainly something that recruits might like. It's a little thing, but it's a small part of the package.

Sadly, our uniforms are not cool.

They suck.

We should get cool uniforms.

Have I solved this for everyone?
I'm betting 'No'

If I were the AD I would tell Nike make the jerseys like the 2010-2012 style with an Orange jersey in the rotation. If the kids like the grey/black variety fine, but enough of fugly numerals. Please orange and white helmets, orange, blue, white, grey/black tops, orange, blue pants. I am happy.

So, can people consider the fact that uniform taste is subjective? And just because you don't like the uniforms or don't think they're cool, doesn't mean recruits don't think they are nice, or cool?

I'm not a huge fan of our uniforms. I prefer the Nassib era uniforms. And obviously, the McNabb era uniforms. But I also understand I'm not the person they're trying to appeal to, and the people they're trying to appeal to have been saying they like these uniforms (multiple current players, multiple '15 recruits - Pickard and Strickland, for instance). So what the hell does it matter if a bunch of guys in their 30's, 40's, or 50's don't like them?

The new orange jersey has the proper shade of orange IMO it just needs to be white numerals with blue piping.

image-1335162107.jpg

*this is a portion of a conversation overheard the day these uniforms were unveiled*

"oh gee willikers. Is there anything this athletic department can do right? All orange?? And what are they thinking mixing a blue strip on the helmet, with white numbers. I mean at least put some blue piping around those numbers. And a gray face mask??? We're a joke. These do not scream syracuse university.!!"

;)

lummgr said:
*this is a portion of a conversation overheard the day these uniforms were unveiled* "oh gee willikers. Is there anything this athletic department can do right? All orange?? And what are they thinking mixing a blue strip on the helmet, with white numbers. I mean at least put some blue piping around those numbers. And a gray face mask??? We're a joke. These do not scream syracuse university.!!" ;)
Those numbers are entirely too readable