Orange jerseys are coming | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

You realize this guy talks to recruits every day it's legal to, right? He's a 1,000 times more informed that any of us on a uni's importance to recruits.
they still suck. they've sucked for a long time. you've been telling us they're important for a long time. and the team's still not very good

they still suck. they've sucked for a long time. you've been telling us they're important for a long time. and the team's still not very good

It's all my fault. I'm sorry Great and Powerful Millhouse.

(I have been saying they are important since last year - and while I don't think there is a huge correlation - it's probably more about the IPF, ACC, and having better recruiters on staff - we have had the best two classes we've had in 10-15 years the last two.)

Zaire @ZiggySmalls_@dialcole13: That Orange on Orange! #SicUni #CuseNation pic.twitter.com/BQYmtBafLN
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png

Zaire Franklin and Trey Dunk both love them. But what do they know?

TheCusian said:
You realize this guy talks to recruits every day it's legal to, right? He's a 1,000 times more informed that any of us on a uni's importance to recruits.

I'll say it one more time. We've never gotten a recruit because of uniforms. Not the McNabb era unis. Not the Nassib era unis. Not last years clown outfits. Not one. They are a conversation piece. In converse, we have never lost a recruit because of our unis. They are a blip on the radar screen.

I'll say it one more time. We've never gotten a recruit because of uniforms. Not the McNabb era unis. Not the Nassib era unis. Not last years clown outfits. Not one. They are a conversation piece. In converse, we have never lost a recruit because of our unis. They are a blip on the radar screen.

Basically - LET IT GO!

In converse, we have never lost a recruit because of our unis. They are a blip on the radar screen.

In Converse, Kentucky looked terrible but played great:

kentucky-denim-uniform-675x380.jpg

And I've never made that case. I've said that they play a part - which is backed up by actual recruits actually saying it. There is more proof for my position than yours.

Strictly because of uniforms? No, of course not. But let's not kid ourselves, recruits absolutely care about this stuff. I work in D3, sure, but even talking to my football players, Nike vs Under Armour vs Adidas, and what the uniforms look like, ABSOLUTELY matters to them.

For the record, football players in Texas want either Nike or Under Armour, or nothing. My school is Adidas, and our football players are not impressed.

It's all my fault. I'm sorry Great and Powerful Millhouse.

(I have been saying they are important since last year - and while I don't think there is a huge correlation - it's probably more about the IPF, ACC, and having better recruiters on staff - we have had the best two classes we've had in 10-15 years the last two.)
if it's not important to look stupid, lets not look stupid

HeaterCuse22 said:
Basically - LET IT GO!

No.

I see it as my donations pay for the clown suits we continue to wear which last year made us a national embarrassment regardless of the record. So I have a voice. Our unis were mocked all year and they suck. Like I said originally, they went from a D- to a C- but that still sucks. And regardless of what a few here keep trying to convince me of, they don't help get us recruits.

TheCusian said:
And I've never made that case. I've said that they play a part - which is backed up by actual recruits actually saying it. There is more proof for my position than yours.

They play no part and you've never proven that. Saying someone likes something is proof of nothing. Show me one recruit that was handed 2 uniforms and asked what they liked more. I could take Nassib or McNabb unis and modernize them and they say they liked them too. Probably more so than the current things.

jekelish said:
Strictly because of uniforms? No, of course not. But let's not kid ourselves, recruits absolutely care about this stuff. I work in D3, sure, but even talking to my football players, Nike vs Under Armour vs Adidas, and what the uniforms look like, ABSOLUTELY matters to them. For the record, football players in Texas want either Nike or Under Armour, or nothing. My school is Adidas, and our football players are not impressed.

Not the same thing. Of course someone is going to like or dislike something. But did any of those kids who weren't impressed transfer because of them? I'm betting no.

i like them. my two cents.

Two cents is probably what Nike paid the designer. And two years to roll out an orange uni for the Orange--that's what two cents gets you. Get what you pay for!

I cant believe some dont respect the relevance of fashion. These kids are all about the gear. We all know a kid is not going to choose a school based on the uniform alone but it does have some impact. We shouldnt disregard quotes from recruits about the uni's. Alot of these kids are all about flash and fashion but they wont transfer because of that alone lol. But during the recruiting process they visualize themselves in a certain uniform. It allows them to picture themselves at a certain university. In addition, kids love the multiple combinations whether they look good or not. They just like the fact there's different options each week, believe me I know. My team had 3 different jerseys and 3 different pants. All week long kids talked about which combination they were going to wear.

Two cents is probably what Nike paid the designer. And two years to roll out an orange uni for the Orange--that's what two cents gets you. Get what you pay for!
I tell u what. The uniform can look horrendous but as long as it has the Nike swish on it its all good. lol These kids love Nike

They play no part and you've never proven that. Saying someone likes something is proof of nothing. Show me one recruit that was handed 2 uniforms and asked what they liked more. I could take Nassib or McNabb unis and modernize them and they say they liked them too. Probably more so than the current things.

They are handed as many uniforms as they have offers. They play a part in that decision. It's not "Oh - I likes the Nassib era better, I'll go to Nebraska instead" - it's "I'm weighing these 15 things about 3 schools and uniforms is one of them"...

"ESPN.com surveyed more than 700 high school recruits from the classes of 2014 and 2015 -- including 90 who self-identified as a member of the ESPN 300 for the Classes of 2014 or 2015 -- and asked them where uniforms ranked in their college decision. Uniforms were the top factor for only 3 percent of players, and uniforms ranked eighth on the list of criteria behind academics, coaching, playing time, school tradition, location, experience sending players to the NFL and television exposure."

They are comparing everything about the schools. It's not Nassib era vs current - it's Syracuse vs Rutgers vs Wiscy. And sometimes it's the difference:

"Swagged out" uniforms not only help prospects take notice of a program, they can be a difference-maker if the recruit is struggling to choose between two relatively even programs. "If they're exactly the same, I think uniforms would push them ahead of the other school," five-star defensive end Lorenzo Carter of Norcross, Ga., said. "If I got the same feel for both schools, they're in the same type of place, then yeah, uniforms would make a difference."

I'll wait for the real life proof of your opinion. Asking your kids doesn't count.

The designer probably makes more than about 90% of posters on this board. Nike is a behemoth.

I cant believe some dont respect the relevance of fashion. These kids are all about the gear. We all know a kid is not going to choose a school based on the uniform alone but it does have some impact. We shouldnt disregard quotes from recruits about the uni's. Alot of these kids are all about flash and fashion but they wont transfer because of that alone lol. But during the recruiting process they visualize themselves in a certain uniform. It allows them to picture themselves at a certain university. In addition, kids love the multiple combinations whether they look good or not. They just like the fact there's different options each week, believe me I know. My team had 3 different jerseys and 3 different pants. All week long kids talked about which combination they were going to wear.

Look, rrlbees - more proof!

money3189 said:

Some of you have missed the point and actually changed it. I have 2 HS kids. I know all about fashion and the newest looks and kids wanting a wardrobe that they can wear something different everyday for a month. Has nothing to do with the point some here have expressed about the clown suits we've worn.

Some of you have missed the point and actually changed it. I have 2 HS kids. I know all about fashion and the newest looks and kids wanting a wardrobe that they can wear something different everyday for a month. Has nothing to do with the point some here have expressed about the clown suits we've worn.

Go on...

money3189 said:
I tell u what. The uniform can look horrendous but as long as it has the Nike swish on it its all good. lol These kids love Nike

You would think these kids would actually care about people in the stands/watching on TV being able to tell who they were. I mean, the numbers are so hard to read/decipher we had announcers calling the wrong guy multiple times. I don't care about the font at all. Just make the freaking numbers white with a blue outline so I can see the stupid number. That's all I care about.