'Orange Out' Planned for Louisville Game | Syracusefan.com

'Orange Out' Planned for Louisville Game

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Orange will be the color of the day when the Syracuse football team hosts Louisville in its Atlantic Coast Conference opener Friday, Sept. 9 at the Carrier Dome. Fans are encouraged to wear their favorite orange 'Cuse gear for an 'Orange Out' against the Cardinals.

To celebrate the occassion, all Syracuse fans are invited to submit designs for the official 'Orange Out' t-shirt. The winning design will be chosen in an online vote in July, and the T-shirts will be available for purchase at participating retail stores in August. Details on the contest and instructions on how to submit designs will be announced soon.

Sept. 9 is also "Medical Appreciation Night" in honor of all members of the medical profession who work to keep our communities healthy. A special group ticket rate will be available for doctors, nurses, hospital employees, and all other medical professionals and office groups. Those interested in taking advantage of this special offer should call 1-888-DOMETIX to reserve seats.

http://cuse.com/news/2016/4/26/football-orange-out-planned-for-louisville-game.aspx?path=football

Frozen said:
What the hell is this? Advertising something with more than 24 hours notice? It's like we have a new AD and HC or something.
Yeah this is nuts.

Borkowski's got this running away.

What the hell is this? Advertising something with more than 24 hours notice? It's like we have a new AD and HC or something.

While that is certainly nice, I would love it if there was a Babers outtake rant, Casey Kasem style, "why the F*** am I promoting an Orange Out for the Syracuse Orange!?!?!? What the f*** color do these f****** Orange fans usually wear to a f****** football game!?

And... take 2.

While that is certainly nice, I would love it if there was a Babers outtake rant, Casey Kasem style, "why the F*** am I promoting an Orange Out for the Syracuse Orange!?!?!? What the f*** color do these f****** Orange fans usually wear to a f****** football game!?

And... take 2.

usa-today-8982673.0.jpg

“See, when you come out of those up-tempo goddamn promos, man, it’s impossible to make those transitions, and then you gotta go into announcing a canned food drive.

You know, they do this to me all the time. I don’t know what the hell they do it for, but goddammit, if we can’t come out of a promo, I don’t understand. Is Mark Coyle on the phone? OK. I want a goddamn concerted effort to come out of a promo that isn’t a fckin’ up-tempo promo every time I do a goddamn canned food drive … I want somebody to use his fckin’ brain to not come out of a goddamn promo that is, uh, that’s up-tempo, and I gotta talk about a fckin’ canned food drive.”

Not a big fan, be able to come close to a sellout before telling people what to wear to a home game. We arent there yet. Love dino and company, think we will get there but this is premature.

Not a big fan, be able to come close to a sellout before telling people what to wear to a home game. We arent there yet. Love dino and company, think we will get there but this is premature.
Right. Because asking fans of the ORANGE to wear orange shouldn't be done until we start winning.

Gonna be wearing Louisville red or Rutgers red for the game? Hope you are staying home.

AD Coyle made another great hire in February which is going to have positive impact on marketing and football ticket sales. Here is his bio from Cuse.Com.

Syracuse native Anthony Di Fino is joining the Orange Athletics Department staff as associate athletics director for business development. An experienced athletics administrator, Di Fino's role will focus on developing strategic marketing campaigns intended to cultivate community relationships and build support for Syracuse Athletics. He will work as a member of external relations team that steers decisions on marketing, fundraising, ticketing, sponsorship and communications initiatives.

Di Fino's athletics administration experience includes roles at IMG Learfield (IMGL) Ticket Solutions and in the athletics departments at Army, Columbia and Fordham. In 2013 he was named IMGL General Manager of the Year and the following year earned IMGL's Executive of the Year award. Since 2011, he has risen through the ranks at IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions. He was the general manager for IMGL at the University of Akron from 2011 to 2013 and served as the General Manager at Penn State from May 2013 to August 2014. His career with IMG Learfield was advanced in August 2014 when he was promoted to IMGL Northeast Regional Manager. In this role, Di Fino has directed the sales efforts for 13 IMGL properties, instituting pricing strategy, developing sales schedules and campaigns and overall marketing strategies, in addition to supervising the general managers at each property.

During his tenure at Akron, Di Fino led a sales team that increased new revenues by 72%, which were highlighted by a 860% increase in partial plans and 91% growth in group sales. At Penn State, he led the sales team to two straight 5,000+ new season ticket years, and grew group sales by more than 200%.

Prior to joining IMG Learfield, Di Fino served as the assistant athletics director for ticket sales and client services at the United States Military Academy, overseeing all ticket sales efforts, tailgating and market strategies for West Point. Previous roles also include ticket manager at Columbia University and marketing assistant at Fordham University.

Di Fino is a graduate of Fordham University (BA, 2006) where he was a member of the football team and Columbia University (MS, 2009).

Gonna be wearing Louisville red or Rutgers red for the game? Hope you are staying home.

No, i will be cheering like crazy in blue and orange like i have been doing for the last 10 years. Blue, the same color as our HOME JERSEYS. I love the marketing but unless the University is going to purchase the shirts and have them on the paid seats on arrival these things never work unless you are ped state or a&m.

Mark is the man! Dressed like that for EVERY game! Great character at the Fine Mess.

I saw him at BB games in the dead of winter dressed like that. Great fan!

No, i will be cheering like crazy in blue and orange like i have been doing for the last 10 years. Blue, the same color as our HOME JERSEYS. I love the marketing but unless the University is going to purchase the shirts and have them on the paid seats on arrival these things never work unless you are ped state or a&m.

Maybe you haven't followed the team the last few years, but we've had multiple colors for "HOME JERSEYS".

Maybe you haven't followed the team the last few years, but we've had multiple colors for "HOME JERSEYS".

Um, yes, I realize that and we wear blue way more than orange as a jersey. Let's see the university give something back and buy these shirts and leave them on paid seats for fans on arrival. Spend some of that ACC $$$. It's the only way these things work. Otherwise people will wear what they want.

Um, yes, I realize that and we wear blue way more than orange as a jersey. Let's see the university give something back and buy these shirts and leave them on paid seats for fans on arrival. Spend some of that ACC $$$. It's the only way these things work. Otherwise people will wear what they want.
Usually corporate sponsors step up during these ___ Out games and hand out t-shirts of whatever color is being featured at the turnstiles.

Usually corporate sponsors step up during these ___ Out games and hand out t-shirts of whatever color is being featured at the turnstiles.

Would like to see the corporate thing happen. Place the shirts on paid seats or just hand out the shirts at the door to the first 30k.

Show me where you can buy an Orange one. I wear orange to every game but my kids were their jerseys and they are blue with orange letters because that's all you can buy.

Show me where you can buy an Orange one. I wear orange to every game but my kids were their jerseys and they are blue with orange letters because that's all you can buy.

Why do I need to do this for you exactly?

Why do I need to do this for you exactly?
My point is you can't. So yes there are people who are wearing blue to home games because that is what is being sold as the home jersey, not everyone wears all orange to home games.

My point is you can't. So yes there are people who are wearing blue to home games because that is what is being sold as the home jersey, not everyone wears all orange to home games.
There are plenty of orange shirts and sweatshirts to wear if people are hell bent on wearing orange. Honestly, I couldn't care less. If you're interested, I usually wear my blue jersey to home games, but in the case of an Orange Out, I'd opt for a tee shirt.

I felt bad that your kids might feel ostracized by not wearing orange football jerseys to an Orange Out. I did you a solid and found a link. It seems that it wasn't so tough a find after all.

http://shop.cuse.com/COLLEGE_Syracuse_Orange_Kids_Jerseys

I felt bad that your kids might feel ostracized by not wearing orange football jerseys to an Orange Out. I did you a solid and found a link. It seems that it wasn't so tough a find after all.

http://shop.cuse.com/COLLEGE_Syracuse_Orange_Kids_Jerseys
What's up with you today? Feeling snarky? Quit caffeine lately? Whatever those things are on that page they are calling orange jerseys are crap, we don't wear anything that looks like those. What we wear are the long numbered battle axe jerseys. That is the current team jersey, not that '85 replica jersey or whatever those things are.
We wear this.....
thumb.aspx

And you can't get them in Orange. As for my kids, don't you worry. They have plenty of orange to wear. That's never a problem. People were giving ISH crap for wearing something other than orange, saying he wears Rutgers red, etc. He said no I wear blue, like our home jerseys and you snarked in with a comment that maybe he doesn't go to games because he's not aware that we have multiple home colors. The entire thing started because he said he doesn't wear all orange, well if you wear the current jersey then you can't and maybe people around here should cut him some slack instead of acting like a bunch of richards.

Pyle said:
What's up with you today? Feeling snarky? Quit caffeine lately? Whatever those things are on that page they are calling orange jerseys are crap, we don't wear anything that looks like those. What we wear are the long numbered battle axe jerseys. That is the current team jersey, not that '85 replica jersey or whatever those things are. We wear this..... And you can't get them in Orange. As for my kids, don't you worry. They have plenty of orange to wear. That's never a problem. People were giving ISH crap for wearing something other than orange, saying he wears Rutgers red, etc. He said no I wear blue, like our home jerseys and you snarked in with a comment that maybe he doesn't go to games because he's not aware that we have multiple home colors. The entire thing started because he said he doesn't wear all orange, well if you wear the current jersey then you can't and maybe people around here should cut him some slack instead of acting like a bunch of richards.
It is strange that in the era that we did not wear orange jerseys you could buy them, and when we wear orange you can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom